Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: volkaholic1
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I got a perfect venturi ring... nice packing job, full-color intallation instructions: Awesome service!
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear! by the way, my email has changed to [email protected] instead of the starband email listed in the header.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another outstanding transaction with Clark. He truly is a friend of the VW community.
Almost Alive
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a lot to say about Clark so please bare with me. I ordered a complete tin kit including a new Puma shroud modified for a T4 oil cooler in burnt orange with a venturi ring. I also got just about every other part that goes on the longblock in the same color.
I've emailed him a few times back and forth for two years or so and was finally able to put some money in his pocket.
His customer service is top notch. Quick replies, great prices and from what it seems the only people doing tin modifications professionally. From the start Clark told me the burnt orange was very difficult to get consistent but I really wanted the color so I said go for it. I should have payed a little more attention because he was right. It is very hard and it did come back inconsistent. I am surely happy with it as it is going on a turbo engine and any inconsistencies will mostly be covered. THIS IS BY NO MEANS CLARK'S FAULT. It is the nature of the color. If you have a show car, chose a different color.
I just got the kit the other day and it seems as if any large flat spots are where the issue area's are. The small parts came out flawless.
I also had most of the holes filled on the front as they would not be in use and the Puma shrouds have almost 10 holes that weren't going to be used.
Anyone using a new Puma shroud should also be aware there are stamp and spot weld marks on them from the factory, the old ones don't see to have as many as the new ones though.

Overall I am happy with this transaction, his shipping is quick and well packed as well. I will be doing future business with Clark. I will also post pictures up of all the parts.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark did it again! Excellent...
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Clark a few pictures of some parts cores and told him to make an offer. His offer was more than fair and once I accepted he paid within mere minutes via Paypal.

Thanks, Clark!
andrea.andidero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a factory rebuilt type IV thermostat from Clark. Perfect part, good communication, excellent prices and very fast shipping (in Italy). Super seller
bplanecrazy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark at awesome Powder Coat suppled me with some new parts and some GOOD quality used parts. ALL powder coated. Good communication AND GOOD service. Packaging was excellent. I would do business with them again ANYTIME.
Thanks.....
kme9418
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered ALL my cooling parts from Clark. Highly recommend! Genuine VW parts wherever possible, custom fitment work to match aftermarket intake manifolds and exhaust provided by me. All stuff arrived packaged very well and looked great. Kept me informed on the progress the whole time and answered all my questions to get the combo exactly right. Price was very fair including shipping. I would definitely do business with Awesome Powdercoat again. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chris659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henrym wrote:
I just received my order from Volkaholic and am absolutely thrilled. I purchased a complete tin set for my new engine plus had him powdercoat my Berg linkage. If you have been considering sourcing them for your tin, read below:

Customer Service: Awesome. Clark is friendly, helpful, answers emails quickly and provides plenty of information. He clearly enjoys dealing with people.

Product: Awesome. In addition to the complete set of tin, they modified everything to fit properly (I can see the mods, well done). They reworked my lower tin to clear the full flow adapter, installed the proper vanes in the cylinder tin and welded in the AN8 fittings into the valve covers. In addition he mocked up the Berg linkage bar so it would sit level on the Scat fan housing and put in threaded inserts exactly where I asked.

Finish: Awesome. I had my tin done in factory black satin finish and it's killer. I'll never spray paint a fan housing again as long as I live!

Packing and Shipping: Unbelievable. I've seen jet engine turbine parts that weren't packed this carefully. Each and every piece of tin was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and the whole kit protected beyond belief. And the shipping was overnight via FedEx ground at a very low price. By far the best packing and shipping ever from a vendor.

The Price: I bit the bullet and spent a lot on the tin and mods. The pricng was very fair and the cost of each mod and part was individually listed in my price quote and the accompanying paperwork.

This is a great vendor and deserves and earns the business. I'm happy to see such a great addition to our community. Good work Clark.

I couldn't have put it better! Only difference was he coated my berg traction bar instead of linkage.

He also welded my tabs to support lower sled tin and j pipes. He lined them up to ensure proper fitment before welding.

Parts were packaged incredibly well! Very generous with the bubble wrap!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd deal with Clark, first was a few years back. fast emails, great parts as requested thats what i like. great seller. Laughing
RobAW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered flaps and a thermostat from Clark. My order was 3rd or 4th in line, so a week or two away. He got them out within a week, sent USPS as requested. I should have taken a picture of the box, so many stamps. Fantastic and the order was placed on a holiday weekend!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another A + for him. 100% happy

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Anduril
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ordered the pulley's and a hoover bit but I appreciated the prompt communication and even though I was a few orders down in his Queue of customers I feel I received my items in a very timely manner.

Will be a return customer in the future I would expect.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely satisfied! Very Happy

Clark treated me right.

At the last minute; while my car was in the shop, I decided it was a good time to order and install his Venturi ring. They are built to order so Clark made one that weekend; (I ordered it Friday) and he had it out on Monday!

I didn't mean to rush him but he was totally accommodating. Communication was lightning fast as well.

The ring seems to be a well thought out and a quality piece.

Thanks again Clark!

Greg R.
OLD VW NUT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a set of industrial tins for my 71 Ghia to cover the gap from installing j-tubes instead of heater boxes. The tins fit perfect and look great. Its just too bad that I'll be the only one to see the great paint job - every time I have to adjust the valves...

Other car - 2013 VW Golf TDI
58Blue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark is a great guy to deal with. He's very honest and clear.

I ordered some industrial tins from him. He warned me upfront that he was busy and there might be a delay. I appreciate that kind of honesty from a seller.

In the end, there was no delay. He shipped the tins out very quickly and even refunded me some money when the shipping turned out to be less than expected. It took less than two weeks for delivery in Canada.

Clark is a great asset to the Samba community.
max-five
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered one of his hoover bits and found it to fit perfectly. The response was fast and the transaction perfect.
Want to buy your original German black '66 bug front seat upholstery...all or part
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Clark, but have asked him a few questions about home powder coating I've been doing myself. He has been extremely helpful and a really nice guy. Because of that, I have recommended him to a few friends and they have been extremely satisfied.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50 Kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a thermostat & cable from Clark, good karma Very Happy
1968 Beetle (11/67)
1982 Westy
1986 Cabriolet (6/86)
WTB Air-Camping roof top mount http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1499947
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: