Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CA Westy rentals?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul can definitely show you some Westies, I can show you mine too, I work in downtown Oakland.

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
carterzest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
Paul can definitely show you some Westies, I can show you mine too, I work in downtown Oakland.

Feck California...Go do some Happy Camper-ers-ing.

In all seriousness, GIVE BUD A CALL Cool

Feck heaters. Go to the islands young flusher.........................
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Paul today, I will be selling my baywindow and various other things to get into a vanagon. Hopefully Paul takes pity on me and sells me one of his vans Wink Small world too, I didn't know it but I already met Paul at my shop...
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final update on California Campers, I had a rental van with no working heaters. I did 500 Miles total. You get 300 with the Rental price of $375 (including his insurance). He didn't charge me the 35 Cents for the extra 200 miles I put on the van, which was kind. Doesn't really make up for my wife and 7 year old daughter freezing while driving, but at least I saved some money for the new Vanagon Westy Syncro Fund!

My advice about the rental place? He's professional, friendly, and rents clean vans. Before you take one out CHECK EVERYTHING you think you might need on your rental van before accepting it and heading out, especially the heaters and camping equipment. I checked the camping equipment and not the Van's heaters and had a bad time of it when driving.
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

California? Or an island? Heck, go all the way and visit the ginormous Pacific Northwestern US: http://www.dragonflyvans.com/

Do a Glacier, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Snake River, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, British Columbia loop and see the wide open spaces in a vehicle that seems created to enjoy such a territory.

DougM
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
kuleinc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really justify driving half way across the US to rent a camper van, I could do it if i OWNED a van though!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: