Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GB 580A manifolds for 40 IDF/DRLA and Thing shroud
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1950split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: GB 580A manifolds for 40 IDF/DRLA and Thing shroud Reply with quote

Hi!

I own both these parts. I was told that you cannot use these manifolds with an OEM dog house fanshroud, that I have to use a 36hp fan. And what about a thing shroud, will the manifolds clear it??

Thanks in advance

Philippe
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Berg catalog makes no mention that they won't fit. They do say you can't use a carb to carb linkage and need their fan mount linkage. And the odd think is that the fan mount linkage only works one OEM, which includes Thing, shrouds.

http://www.geneberg.com/product_info.php?products_id=994
Gene Berg wrote:
VW to 40 IDF (has additional material at the carburetor end so it can be ported to 44 or 48 IDF). Also accepts Dellortos used for VW as they have the same bolt pattern. These will not work with cross bar carb to carb linkages. Requires our fan housing mount linkage such as GB 454 for IDF or Dellorto. SW 6#

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tomnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe a carb to carb cross bar linkage will hit the heater outlets on a stock fresh air shroud of any type when using these manifolds. I'm pretty certain the '73 Thing shroud would work. To confirm, I say call Berg and ask them.

Its not odd Glenn, the cheap aftermarket shrouds have the 4 bolts holding the alt/gen tin rotated and typically are missing the coil mount inserts. So Berg says their linkage "won't fit" those (crap) parts.

DVKK

DSD, Dark Side Disciples
Progenitor
darisb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: GB 580A manifolds for 40 IDF/DRLA and Thing shroud Reply with quote

1950split,

Did you ever determine if the Thing fan shroud and the GB580a manifolds would work together?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: