Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred69vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a 65 Baja that had one broken parking brake cable. Had to go to the store on morning after a snow/ice storm. Got to the shopping center parking lot and it was EMPTY!!!!

Had me a great time, I would get the bug going, grab the parking brake (connected to only one wheel) and SPIN!!!!

1969 VW convertible, "Heidi"
lonewolfone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was driving home one day went it started to rain intensely i had no wipers at the time so i rolled down the window put on my shades and stuck my head out to see where i was going, oh yeah this was on the highway too.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug: first feeling & seeing real pussy, first time girl felt inside my pants, first BJ (different nights).

other vehicle: BJ on Interstate 10 heading west 65 mph (night)
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
67 Shane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going down Osceola Pkwy. in Kissimmee Fl. in my 99 Mk4 Jetta. My Puerto Rican girlfriend decides she wants to get it on so I pulled over in an orange grove row and let her have it. Going down I-4 in Orlando my girl again decides its time (guess it was the bass from the radio or somethng) so she hops on going 70 mph. We let a trucker take a peek before I took off. The best part. The seat back breaks and I lay out on my back going a mile a minute on a dark highway. What it was like to be a teenager!!! Twisted Evil

67 Euro Type 1.
67 SO-42 Westfalia
Veedoubleused
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could occasionally convince my older brother to pull us behind his bug on a toboggan. He would fly through the intersection and we would let go of the rope and go sailing over the snow bank.

In a bid for the Darwin award there was that time at 105 mph (balls out) catching air over a blind narrow bridge in a rabbit. As it happened it was pretty smooth but sure could have been other wise.
BBSquarebackChick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say alot of truck drivers got boobie shots,Gave hubby first swallow BJ on the way to pick up my parents boy was he surprised Wink Embarassed Twisted Evil
ovalmark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Shocked Laughing Exclamation
We would make runs down the hill with a "spotter" looking out for cross traffic. Shockingly my buddy ended up rolling the car.
'71 Westy
'58 El Lobo
damonvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

Mr. Loaf wrote:
Sex at 60 mph on I-40W. She was between me and the steering wheel.

Yep. sounds about right.

i have a bunch of oklahoma car stories. one time when i was 18, in my 71 bug conv., i was cruising down I-40W when my throttle cable snapped. i pulled over to assess the damage and realized that the cable had snapped at the pedal. so, i just pulled the cable out through the housing, tied the end around a cresent wrench, put the top down, and threw the cable over the top and controlled the speed by pulling on the cabled-wrapped wrench while my friend shifted for me. we had a blast!

another time, in high school, a girlfiend and i were out one night in my 66 mustang doing what teenagers do in 66 mustangs. the next day when i washing my car(because i used to wash my cars!), i was vacuuming the back seat and noticed something that kind of shocked me. it looked like a pelt, or some sort of dead animal clinging to the rear window crank. i looked closer and removed enough hair from the window crank to make a healthy looking wig. i called her up to ask her if she knew anything about it. she said that while we were doing the things that teenagers do in 66 mustangs, her hair got caught in the crank, but she didn't want to stop, so she just jerked her head away and ripped her hair out! the next day when i saw her, she had cut her hair very, very short to make it look normal due to the loss of so much hair. my car has rough sex.

...and a bunch of other silly toys
wuzhiz1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car... Reply with quote

There I was, a junior in HS. My mother had just told me we were going to spend the entire summer in Entaziutie (made up name), Indiana. I was broken hearted and crying as I sat at the library picnic table thinking up things to do when I met Becky who would be my new best friemd. She had a fast car, cool tapes, clothes, and knew lots of cool boys. The coolest of who was her brother Paul. He was very shy and liked to plow the fields. I became immediatedly attracted to Paul. I think I saw the country ruggedness and just plain sexiness in him. One day Paul asked me to ride the back forty with him and I did, knowing that something good was going to happen that day that would change us forever. I was about to have my first orgasm. Paul said, get on my lap and kiss me. I had never known about tractor throttle before. Paul and I ran about the 40 acres with me on top him and that loud searing throttle vibrating on my (u no)I'll know no other. what a ----!!!!!
skatepopwar182
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer: Reply with quote

TDC VW Parts wrote:
Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer and ran the hose inside the car so when you pushed the button you could fill your cup with more beer. Also used the spare tire well for a cooler filled it with ice put beer and soda on ice when I went to the bug in's they use to have

dude that is fucking brilliant
vwdudeAirCooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let my wife drive my bus once when I wuz trippin'....Whew!
vwdudeAirCooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let my wife drive my bus once when I wuz trippin'....Whew!

Flashback???
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez, I could fill up a couple pages of stories from my college days in my old Westy...and being in a band...
Smile
but I do remember driving down the highway with a buddy of mine riding shotgun, and a young lady in the back, who wished me to be closer...so my buddy and I switched out driving while doing about 55 - it was tricky, but amazingly we didn't run off the road, and so I was able to join my lady friend in the back as requested...where we could look out the back window every now and then to see who was appreciating the show...
Shocked
but yeah, young+camper=many many stories...
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atvaz333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contevita wrote:
I was driving from Los Angeles to Tucson back in 86 in my 66 Karmann Ghia and I picked up a hitchhiker just out of Phoenix around 1am. We're cruising along I-10 down to Tucson and he starts talking about killing people while high on coke. I freak out and grab the 8 inch Survival knife from floor just behind the passenger seat, pull my hand forward toward my left and swing back into the guy's chest. You gotta swing fast or you don't get the full 8 inches into the chest properly.

He's screaming and can't figure out what to do next so I leave the knife in his chest as I pull my hand to the left of the steering wheel and back hand him in the nose. Now when you pop someone like that in the nose, they see stars and the tear up fast. I then pull over onto the side of the road; it's a full moon out on a cloudless night, very nice evening. I shut the engine off and peer in my rearview mirror for any passing trucks wait for one to pass me by. I grab my keys and exit the car running to the passenger side to open the door, good thing it wasn't locked, didn't want to waste any time on getting this bleeding panic stricken hitcher out into the side of the road.

I drag him out and he's still alive, but not for long. I manage to get him out by pulling on his collar; the old fireman drag is that I think that is called. It's rough but then I'm 6'5" and back then I was lifting weights for recreation. So now we're about 50 feet from the edge of the road slightly concealed by the brush and desert shrubbery. I do like the smell of the mesquite trees, nice for steaks on the BBQ. I have another look around and pull my knife from the guy’s chest, he screams but not very loud, I guess the shock is kicking in. Now it's time to finish him off, I kneel down on my left kneed, I bring my right hand high above my head the drive the knife even hard into his chest, this time I aim for the heart. I check for a pulse on his wrist and he's gone.

I head back to the car and open the hood and find my small military styled shovel, the kind that has the collar that allows you to use the shovel in various angles. It's also got a pick axe on the opposite side of the shovel blade; it's good for digging shallow graves. It takes me an hour to dig the grave in the soft desert dirt/sand. I drag the corpse into the grave and it takes a bit to over him. Why do I even bother, he's going to be baked and half eaten by the local critters. I ended up leaving his shoes sticking out like you'd see in the cartoons and walk away heading back to the Ghia.

I clean off the knife of an oily rag and then throw both into the trunk. I check for my keys in my pocket and then check to make sure my wallet in still in the map pocket of the door. I then rummage in my bag, in the back seat, and find my Gatorade. Back then Gatorade was still purchased in glass bottles not in plastic like today. I chug almost half of it down and look up at the moon, such a nice sight. I look around and then get back into the Ghia, fire it up, check the mirrors for lights and accelerate back onto I-10.

You're thinking "holy crap!" but it did not really happen. I was bored waiting for some files to transfer on a user account while at the office. I need to go home, I'm hungry.

That freaked me out so bad. I was afraid I'd get to the end and read that you had access to a computer in prison.
atvaz333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past May I drove from Tucson to Nantucket, Massachusetts in my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I did the whole trip solo and averaged about 17 hours a day driving. I was bored and tired and saw a hitch hiker. I pulled off to get gas and while I was pumping gas I debated picking up this guy (he was at the on ramp). I decided I should.

I pull over and warning sign number one was the loud yelp he let out once I pulled over. He was completely intoxicated. I don't know this for sure until well, 30 seconds after I pick him up. He was ending up in Wheeling West Virginia, 100 miles away. I asked him how he ended up there. He said he was meeting with his pastor about his drinking problem and when he asked the pastor to pull over for a beer, the holy man left him.

Now, he decided to throw his trash out the window of my car. Its raining now. He is telling me how to drive. Its silent for twenty minutes before he starts getting really, really weird. He tells me I remind him of his Injun friends. Apparently his friends are heavy into drugs. He invites me to smoke dope and blow lines with him. I tell him ok even thought I had no intention of doing so. Its hard to disagree with a 200 lbs drunk man in your car doing 80mph.

Now he starts to talk about how he hits his wife when she acts up. He was getting kind of aggressive and violent in his tone of voice. I kept a tactical knife between my driver seat and center console. For wilderness things, not harming others, but I started to get scared so I kept my hand on it. Silence again.

Now, he asks if he can borrow money for more beer. I say yes.

Silence.

Now my car starts to smell bad. He tells me he needs me to pull over at the next stop. He had burritos for lunch. Here is my escape! I pull into a gas station, no pun intended, and tell him to go in and ask for the bathroom key. He does and when he comes out he leans into the door and tells me not to leave him like his pastor did. I didn't know what to say or do so I just shook his hand. He left the door open. I slowly backed the Jeep up onto a parking spot so I could see the bathroom door (it was outside) As soon as the door shut I counted to ten, gave him time to settle down, then floored it out of the lot. The door slammed shut scaring me. The next 50 or so miles I was so scared. I had images that he jumped into a car and was following me or something. I was on the road alone too long.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self: note the Arizona connection in the two previous posts....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
atvaz333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha except my story actually happened... I was a little reluctant to post because it was so similar to the other poster's...
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atvaz333 wrote:
haha except my story actually happened... I was a little reluctant to post because it was so similar to the other poster's...

Not doubting that, just seems there's an Arizona connection to so much of US crazies:
One of OJ's helpers was from here
Oklahoma City bombers had Kingman connection
Nancy Kerrigan's attacker
DC snipers shot someone in Tucson
Fred Goldman and wife work here in Nordstroms
We just had a serial rapist arrested last week, and serial murderer arrested last year with tons of evidence still has wife who denies it all
Serial arsonist of homes near preserves
Sheriff Joe
I'll think of more

One time I was telling my friends (here from California) that at least the then-current Heaven's Gate deathis in CA had no Arizona connection, and they took the kids out for ice cream - and there was a TV news truck there as the Heaven's Gate drop box was 100 feet away !
atvaz333
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done your research, I might have to move back East now...
teufeltito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit a ditch head on in my Camaro. i was going 90mph (my buddy saud it wasnt fast....i showed him it was so fast it could fly *im a dumbass*). the car flew about 6 ft in the air between 2 oak trees through a dogwood and into someones front porch. no seatbelt.

i got out. look around confused, my buddy squeels to a stop and screams something at me but all i could hear was static. i saw mud on my car and got pissed as hell. i remember thinking 'who the fuck put mud on my car! i just finished rodding this thing and some asshole.....my windshield? my windshield wipers had better work!' i hopped inside the car and turned on my wipers....they worked. all was good in the world.

my buddy came up to me and saw that was a little....out of it. told me i was just in a wreck, 'no i wasnt'. then i remembered, i panicked, and backed the car up back over the ditch (yes it was still running the WHOLE time) and followed my buddy to his house. called the parents, got my ass beat. beat my own ass. i cried for days. and days. and days.

i had just finished getting my 383 stroker dropped in it 2 days before.

like i said before, i was a dumbass.

1973 standard: 1600cc, og stocker

1966 standard: incomplete volksrod w/ 2187cc

1972 transporter: incomplete slightly lowered

“A car is never too low, it’s the ground that is too high.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: