Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this old Chrysler boat back in high school. Used to pile about 8 people in it and go cruise.

One night we were doing some doughnuts and drifting on this two lane city street at 3 or 4 in the morning (winter snow). Everyone’s having fun and yelling… then…misjudged the space I had to swing the rear end… started to slide... t-boned a parked, very empty, cop car doing about 20… Lets just say that his plastic parts didn't hold up to the Detroit steel of the 60's. Chrysler still worked and drove afterwards. You figure out the rest of the story

Young and dumb.

Last edited by Malokin Martin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
MRshotglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my old 95 Cherokee, I pulled the little tube off of the rear wiper that fed the washer fluid into it. It had quite a bit of pressure and when I pressed the button, it would shoot about 5' from the rear of the vehicle. Nice little toy to squirt tailgaters, or those people who inch up to your rear bumper at stop lights. The reactions of people were hilarious!

One time in Dallas, I did it to the wrong guys who got out of their car, came up to mine and tried to open the door. They ended up kicking off my driver's side mirror as I sped away at the first sign of the green light. Crazy ass Texans Embarassed

Some people have no sense of humor Laughing
maximan1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
I had this old Chrysler boat back in high school. Used to pile about 8 people in it and go cruise.

One night we were doing some doughnuts and drifting on this two lane city street at 3 or 4 in the morning (winter snow). Everyone’s having fun and yelling… then…misjudged the space I had to swing the rear end… started to slide... t-boned a parked, very empty, cop car doing about 20… Lets just say that his plastic parts didn't hold up to the Detroit steel of the 60's. Chrysler still worked and drove afterwards. You figure out the rest of the story

Young and dumb.

Did you get away?
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deserted street. The whole thing kind of freaked me sober. We all got out and did one of those, “shit, what now dude” deals… My front quarter panel had a good crunch, but the cop car was completely ****ed. It was pretty late, we all just went home. Told my parents I ran into a white pole at the supermarket. Like I said, young dumb.

I had a red one of these (383 and three on the tree):
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Roadcow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove a Bus on the SST Laughing
66 Ghia Bonneville 2014
74 Ghia Vert
69 Bonneville Ghia 150 in Chico
69 Bonneville Ghia in Ireland
80 Cabby 2.1 16v
98 Passat
GostaBerling
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRshotglass wrote:
On my old 95 Cherokee, I pulled the little tube off of the rear wiper that fed the washer fluid into it. It had quite a bit of pressure and when I pressed the button, it would shoot about 5' from the rear of the vehicle. Nice little toy to squirt tailgaters, or those people who inch up to your rear bumper at stop lights. The reactions of people were hilarious!

One time in Dallas, I did it to the wrong guys who got out of their car, came up to mine and tried to open the door. They ended up kicking off my driver's side mirror as I sped away at the first sign of the green light. Crazy ass Texans Embarassed

Some people have no sense of humor Laughing

I had a '95 Cherokee that I did this same thing to.

Craziest thing I did in a car was probably sex in a graveyard. Or maybe that's just the freakiest?

current 1979 fiat spider, 72 Contempo Hightop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

Mr. Loaf wrote:
Sex at 60 mph on I-40W. She was between me and the steering wheel.

Shocked

Last edited by 69 Jim on Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
1972super2110
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a 1990 acura legend for 25 buck still ran on three of six cylinders and would do 50! Me and my pal mac took it out into and empty feild with a road running through the middle of it we drove off the road a good 200 yard flipped a u turn and gunned it hit the road saw nothing but stars then nothing but dirt! it was awesome!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10191353#10191353
OldSchoolVW's wrote:
Looks like the work of a younger, more agile jackass to me. Laughing
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadcow wrote:
Drove a Bus on the SST Laughing

I remember driving my splitty camper through New York City on 95...then taking the CBE out to Long Island...that was pretty adventurous...
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
68for500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a youngin' in upstate NY, they used to plow all the snow into the middle of grocery store parking lots and form this giant mountains of snow, usually at around 2 or 3 in the morning...this is when me and my buddy would strike....we would take my first '68 Auto T1 and get it going as fast as it would go down the street that ran into the parking lot (all downhill) and as soon as we were about a quarter of the way in, hit the e-brake and just let go of the wheel....tons of spinning and sliding until (WHHOOOMPP) into the snow.....mind you, we had to do this while the snow was fresh, or it would freeze and would have likely killed us...but damn that never got old....mildly compressed the fenders a few times and that was about it....
The DUMBEST thing was try to pass on the left of someone turning left in a TR-7 at about 50MPH on a residential street Shocked ...barely kissed the front fender of this ladies car and came to a halt literally about the width of my hand from telephone pole...was I a drunk, young, dumb-ass kid? Embarassed Yup...have I driven drunk since? Nope.....I left the car right where it was (half on the curb) and walked home, after being verbally abused by the woman for a few minutes....she left and didn't call the cops....How many people get that lesson for free? I'm grateful to this day.... Pray
LowNslow '65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The craziest thing ive done yet in my vw is 140 miles on 125 temp tires at 65-70 in the rain. Laughing
BugMan114
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once while comming home from school in my 74 super, i was trying to avoid the traffic from the four way. Only one of the lanes was backed up with traffic (the lane i was heading towards), so there was this gravel road i could cut across so i could pass everyone, and end up on the other street, at the four way, so i could avoid all the traffic. Kinda like cutting across a parking lot of a store, to avoid stoip lights, except it was a gravel road. Anyway i went down there one day at about 55mph (speed limit 45), there was a hill in the road. I went completely airbourn, all four wheels in the air, landed in such a wy so i was sideways drifing, then went on two wheels, but reacted fast enough, to turn it straight , and drove away.

another thing i did was drive home, with no brakes. The only thing that stopped me was down shifting, and the emergency brake with only one side working. i drove it like this for a few months, and one day at work, the throttle cable broke at the pedal. so to get home, i pulled the cable out (still attached to the carb), looped it around the intake (like a pulley) then ran it to the window. so in my left hand i had the throttle cable, my right hand the emergency brake, and switching between the steering wheel and the emergency brake. That was one of the most fucked up rides home ever Laughing .
1960 Baja Bug
1969 Baja Bug
Sand Rail- Homemade
Sand Rail- FUBAR

Aircooled Airheads

Why the hell do they call it a gland nut. its obviously a big fat bolt!!!
CarreraRS2.7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to a dead end with about a 10' drop off in front of me, so I did a U-turn down in the ditch. By the way I was driving a Hummer (a real one not of those puny little H2s).

Gigi: Saturn Yellow 1974 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

El Barto: Rosso 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shucklemoon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to college in a very small town in upstate NY, and I lived about 6 miles away in a house with a long driveway. In the winter I used to back my 75 superbeetle all the way up against the house, and build up speed to around 25 mph heading to the street. When I got to the end of the driveway the car would "bounce" up over the 1-2 foot snowpile left by the street plows. I'd slam on the brakes as soon as I landed, and the back end of the car would swing right around like Starsky & Hutch on the icy road. Miraculously, the plowmound on the opposite of the street always stopped me from shooting off the other side and down into a creekbed.

Later on in my commute I had a long downhill. On days when they hadn't plowed or it was freezing rain, if I even looked at the brake pedal the car would spin around with the (heavier) engine pointing downhill, and slide all the way to the bottom. It happened so often I got into the habit of stopping at the top of the hill to dump my coffee out just in case (no cup holders!).
TheTominator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could write a book! But here a real unusual story. In 1978 I hitch-hiked from S.C. to the pacific ocean. This hispanic guy gave me a lift from Sacramento to L.A. He seemed like a good guy but I thought it was kind of weird that he wanted me to meet his family. What the hell I thought, OK I said. So I meet them and he seemed to be the only one that spoke english, I stayed about 5 minutes, said I had to go, he walked me out. Once outside he asks me if I will take his car because he stole it in Oklahoma. He told his family that I had given him a lift, lol. I drove it two blocks, parked it at the curb and walked away.

If I can't curse, I can't fix it.
71 Bus
78 HD FXS Lowrider 1200cc
An Oldsmobile for crying out loud.
russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drove my lowered oval over a couple sets of tracks at 40mph and hit the last one, hit the panhead, car bounced off the ground, slammed back down, i hit the brakes, they lock up in the front, and the bug slid sideways. i got real lucky since there was no other cars on the road at the time, (about 11:30 or so at night) i got out of the car (which was still running), walk all around it to assess the damage, see that i lost an overrider, get back in the car and go home.

i drove over these tracks every single day doing 40, i just happenned to hit the wrong spot.

anyone got a front clip? Wink seriously
DMNCLNR: i gave myself a boner

RIP HBB (1984-2009)
hrbe53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasnt me...but coming back from Mid Americas spring swapfest i saw something rather unusual. A young couple, passing me at a speed stomping the 70mph i was running, were (whats a gook way to put this) "making babies". I was in pure shock.

The worst thing i have done is up for a tie...

1 - pegging the speedo on my parents blazer, to see the deer just in time

2 - passing a whole bunch of slow cars to see that it was a funeral party goin to the cemetary. The cops toward the end looked mad for some reason... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miklo
¡Chale!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few years ago my freind were cruising around in my old 63' bug and we noticed an unopened box of something out front of a liquer store just sitting there. i guess someone forgot to bring it in, anyways i stopped and my friend jumped out and grabbed it and quickly threw it on the roofrack and we took off. a little while later we pulled over to see what goodies we got. i opened it and in it was about a hundred of those nasty pink coconut "snowball" cake things, which i dont think anyone likes, maybe someone out there does but i think they are nasty, anyways we decided to throw them at every rice burner we saw while we cruised around, we wound up throwing all of them, cause there are alot of em' in our city. pissed one guy off so bad he told us to pull over and i kicked his ass, then his girlfriend flew out of his car swingin' and saying she was going to call the cops, but this was a time before everyone had cell phones, we didnt care so we just took off to throw more Razz

Antelope Valley's Mobile Air-Cooled Guru

Dr OnHolliday wrote:
As I remember it, lowriding was not one of the criteria that Adolf gave to Dr. Porsche...
kingston1200
Samba Strummer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSD Anxious
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tatersgravy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

168 miles per hour on the interstate at 2:00am in the morning, the little white lines all looked like one big line Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: