Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busfreak_71
Flat 4 Junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car? Reply with quote

So, what is the craziest thing you have ever done in a car? It dosen't have to be a VW...any car. Share your tales! Very Happy Cool
'85 Mercedes 300SD

Resident Off-Grid hippie and diesel advocate.

Last edited by busfreak_71 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left turn signal...activated it before a right turn. I live on the edge.
Mr. Loaf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Crazy? Reply with quote

Sex at 60 mph on I-40W. She was between me and the steering wheel.
busfreak_71
Flat 4 Junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

Mr. Loaf wrote:

Shocked
'85 Mercedes 300SD

Resident Off-Grid hippie and diesel advocate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dogapult
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

busfreak_71 wrote:
Mr. Loaf wrote:

Shocked

uhhhh..wow........................................ Shocked Confused Confused sounds like an accident waiting to happen...

gzg1406: "bamboo sounds almost like manboob"
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving from Los Angeles to Tucson back in 86 in my 66 Karmann Ghia and I picked up a hitchhiker just out of Phoenix around 1am. We're cruising along I-10 down to Tucson and he starts talking about killing people while high on coke. I freak out and grab the 8 inch Survival knife from floor just behind the passenger seat, pull my hand forward toward my left and swing back into the guy's chest. You gotta swing fast or you don't get the full 8 inches into the chest properly.

He's screaming and can't figure out what to do next so I leave the knife in his chest as I pull my hand to the left of the steering wheel and back hand him in the nose. Now when you pop someone like that in the nose, they see stars and the tear up fast. I then pull over onto the side of the road; it's a full moon out on a cloudless night, very nice evening. I shut the engine off and peer in my rearview mirror for any passing trucks wait for one to pass me by. I grab my keys and exit the car running to the passenger side to open the door, good thing it wasn't locked, didn't want to waste any time on getting this bleeding panic stricken hitcher out into the side of the road.

I drag him out and he's still alive, but not for long. I manage to get him out by pulling on his collar; the old fireman drag is that I think that is called. It's rough but then I'm 6'5" and back then I was lifting weights for recreation. So now we're about 50 feet from the edge of the road slightly concealed by the brush and desert shrubbery. I do like the smell of the mesquite trees, nice for steaks on the BBQ. I have another look around and pull my knife from the guy’s chest, he screams but not very loud, I guess the shock is kicking in. Now it's time to finish him off, I kneel down on my left kneed, I bring my right hand high above my head the drive the knife even hard into his chest, this time I aim for the heart. I check for a pulse on his wrist and he's gone.

I head back to the car and open the hood and find my small military styled shovel, the kind that has the collar that allows you to use the shovel in various angles. It's also got a pick axe on the opposite side of the shovel blade; it's good for digging shallow graves. It takes me an hour to dig the grave in the soft desert dirt/sand. I drag the corpse into the grave and it takes a bit to over him. Why do I even bother, he's going to be baked and half eaten by the local critters. I ended up leaving his shoes sticking out like you'd see in the cartoons and walk away heading back to the Ghia.

I clean off the knife of an oily rag and then throw both into the trunk. I check for my keys in my pocket and then check to make sure my wallet in still in the map pocket of the door. I then rummage in my bag, in the back seat, and find my Gatorade. Back then Gatorade was still purchased in glass bottles not in plastic like today. I chug almost half of it down and look up at the moon, such a nice sight. I look around and then get back into the Ghia, fire it up, check the mirrors for lights and accelerate back onto I-10.

You're thinking "holy crap!" but it did not really happen. I was bored waiting for some files to transfer on a user account while at the office. I need to go home, I'm hungry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tylinol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving down a little highway one day going through the frequencies on my shortwave to see if there was anything interesting going on. After some scanning I hear something about two escaped bank robbers carrying a briefcase with about $150,000. The guy on the radio said they had escaped on a pair of bigwheels and were moving down the same highway I was on at "an astonishing pace".

I figured they meant big-rigs or something, but about 35 seconds later looked in the mirror and saw two kids on those big wheel pedal bikes doing about 35-40 mph. I thought "no way..." but then noticed that, sure enough, one of them had a briefcase! The kids were still a little ways off, so I brought the bus up to 65 to get ahead of them, pulled quickly into a parking lot, unlatched the sliding door, and gunned it into reverse to bring me perpendicular to the road (thank goodness the road was nearly empty that day). The momentum from stopping caused the sliding door to fly open, as I had planned, when the kids were about 50 feet from my bus.

Both kids crashed right into the side of my bus, launching them into the cargo area. I slam the door shut as one of the kid-burglars says "cool bus Mister" and radio the police to tell them I got the culprits. They didn't believe my story one bit, and I hope you didn't either.

72 Fiat 850 Spider - Finally alive and...oh wait, never mind...wait there it goes!...whoops, false alarm...oh - wait wait...nope, nothing.
AutostickS1972
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tylinol wrote:
I was driving down a little highway one day going through the frequencies on my shortwave to see if there was anything interesting going on. After some scanning I hear something about two escaped bank robbers carrying a briefcase with about $150,000. The guy on the radio said they had escaped on a pair of bigwheels and were moving down the same highway I was on at "an astonishing pace".

I figured they meant big-rigs or something, but about 35 seconds later looked in the mirror and saw two kids on those big wheel pedal bikes doing about 35-40 mph. I thought "no way..." but then noticed that, sure enough, one of them had a briefcase! The kids were still a little ways off, so I brought the bus up to 65 to get ahead of them, pulled quickly into a parking lot, unlatched the sliding door, and gunned it into reverse to bring me perpendicular to the road (thank goodness the road was nearly empty that day). The momentum from stopping caused the sliding door to fly open, as I had planned, when the kids were about 50 feet from my bus.

Both kids crashed right into the side of my bus, launching them into the cargo area. I slam the door shut as one of the kid-burglars says "cool bus Mister" and radio the police to tell them I got the culprits. They didn't believe my story one bit, and I hope you didn't either.

You can set the crackpipe down now Wink
jshaddvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my friends were driving my bus down the highway at night. earlier that day we had picked up some fireworks at a gas station. we were really bored so we decided to start launching them out the window. not a good idea i know but we had alot of fun and we didn get caught so all is well Very Happy
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer: Reply with quote

Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer and ran the hose inside the car so when you pushed the button you could fill your cup with more beer. Also used the spare tire well for a cooler filled it with ice put beer and soda on ice when I went to the bug in's they use to have

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marl65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

Mr. Loaf wrote:

I did the samething, but I was doing 45mph on a country road when I was 19.
lookEVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at a light, car died, had to roll start it by myself. Got out and started pushing. As i pushed the car, my cellphone fell out in the midde of the street. I was pushing my car thru a left hand turn, because if needed, there was a solid hill on that street. I let my car roll thru the turn, (it kept going as planned) and ran back to grab my phone. After i picked it up, I ran back, hopped in and popped the clutch and made it the rest of the way home.
Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My antics usually involve people outside the car, such as people riding on the hood.

The stupidest one though was probably when my friend grabbed onto the decklid (standoffs) on Roller Blades and I took him down the road at 45mph over a bunch of those spikey balls that fall off the trees. He told me he refused to ever do it again, at one point he lost it and hung on to the car while he feet drug.
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

Marl65 wrote:
Mr. Loaf wrote:

doesn't count when it's with yourself.. Rolling Eyes
HermanSwanson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Crazy? Reply with quote

mynameismud wrote:
Marl65 wrote:
Mr. Loaf wrote:

doesn't count when it's with yourself.. Rolling Eyes
Laughing
Calisupastarz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer: Reply with quote

TDC VW Parts wrote:
Filled the windshield wiper water bottle with beer and ran the hose inside the car so when you pushed the button you could fill your cup with more beer.

We filled ours with water, then capped the hose with the end of a ball point pen and aimed it out the passenger side of the hood. When you were cruising down the street and pushed the button, it would squirt the kids walking on the sidewalk.

Worked great until my friend accidentally pushed the button going through an intersection and water shot all over a cop car's hood. I think he got an equipment violation for that one.
Exille
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying down the freeway @70mph dumping rain/snow and no windshield wipers Cool
eth727
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: how did your interest in VW's especially bugs start? Stories Reply with quote

My Dad bought a '74 super beetle in the early 80's. I didn't really care for it too much. He loved the thing because it was cheap and reliable. I read one of his Hot VW's magazines and saw earlier bugs and thought there were some cool looking cars especially the early years. In 1991 I got that super beetle handed down to me. I told my Dad that I didn't want it but instead I wanted a '64. He was upset and sold the superbeetle for a way cooler '64. Thanks Dad!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
drscope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called the wife on her cell phone, told her I just heard on the radio there was a car going the wrong way On I-70, please be careful. She replies, "it's not just one, there's hundreds of them"!
Hobbes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drscope wrote:
Called the wife on her cell phone, told her I just heard on the radio there was a car going the wrong way On I-70, please be careful. She replies, "it's not just one, there's hundreds of them"!

Oh, how I wish that was true.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: