Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is the craziest thing you've ever done in a car?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
need
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this!!!

Taken a VINTAGE journey in the Alpes of northen Italy for 'postcard replication' !!!

Hope you Enjoy!

need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6RwAhwBG3A
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50731&highlight=laid
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
lucille66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at my friend's .45 1911 pistol and accidentally shot him in the leg while he was driving.
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucille66 wrote:
I was looking at my friend's .45 1911 pistol and accidentally shot him in the leg while he was driving.

you win

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucille66 wrote:

Which leg?

Was that car manual transmission or automatic?

If that car was a VW, was the VW OK (bullet stayed in the leg) ?

Did you drive friend to hospital?

How did police handle that?

There's so much to know here...
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be shocked if 1911 .45 bullet stayed in his leg, at close range Id actually wonder if the dude isnt missing a good portion of said leg, or at the very least is able to have full use...unless it was just a lucky graze

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ravinsomniac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This reminds me of the time I was sitting in my car and extraterrestrials abducted me and the car.
The car lifted right off of the ground, right into their spaceship !
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drifted Around a Corner, doing 71 Shocked
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
carlos_magnum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravinsomniac wrote:

This reminds me of the time I was sitting in my car and extraterrestrials abducted me and the car.
The car lifted right off of the ground, right into their spaceship !

Rolling Eyes Laughing So, where did they take you?!
74soupsoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: back in the day....... Reply with quote

Back in about 1979[I was five] I remember going for a ride with my father and his long haired friends. I sat quitely with my arm out the pop-out window of my father's 68 Beetle. One of them rolled his own cigarette and they must have liked it because of the way they all passed it around.
After a little while my father relized he was driving the wrong way,so he pulled over on the side of the road to turn around, drove over an angled stump and it rolled over on it's roof.Luckily my arm was not severed off.
The guys untangled their hair from the Oh Sh*t handles and quickly rolled it back over.
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: back in the day....... Reply with quote

74soupsoup wrote:
Back in about 1979[I was five] I remember going for a ride with my father and his long haired friends. I sat quitely with my arm out the pop-out window of my father's 68 Beetle. One of them rolled his own cigarette and they must have liked it because of the way they all passed it around.
After a little while my father relized he was driving the wrong way,so he pulled over on the side of the road to turn around, drove over an angled stump and it rolled over on it's roof.Luckily my arm was not severed off.
The guys untangled their hair from the Oh Sh*t handles and quickly rolled it back over.

nice

Taylorsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was about 6 months ago i was 17 then. Got my baja up through a lot of snow to get to my grilfriends house. Made it, was pretty nuts though. ft of snow on the ground. Anywho i was there for a few hours had to leave early because it was snowing really bad..almost a white out. I just got on the main road going about 10-15 (speed limit is 55 thats how bad it was snowing) and my windshield wipers decided to fail me. Drove 20 freaking miles with my head outside the window. T-shirt on with jeans, was so cold!
infantibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back when i lived in socal i drove from la habra to buena park while banging my girl in my 77 impala.

Other craziness has involved launching a car at about 85 mph into a blind hill where i landed in oncoming traffic. Thank god there was no one coming.

When i lived in va we went out doing donuts in a 79 fairmont police edition and a 66 cutlass in a gravel parking lot. My trans overheated in the cutlass so i shut it down, here comes my friend in his ex cop car. He shoots gravel all over the side of the cutlass about 15 feet away. lost all the glass on the passenger side.

I also took a pontiac 600 le offroading in that good ol va red clay hit some corners at 60 in the mud, handled pretty well for fwd in the mud.

At the same place i took my ol 72 baja super ffroading and i outdrove some cop chasing me in the mud.

I also had 9 people in a 71 standard out in cali 1 in trunk, 1 on floorboard, 2 on passenger and four in the back. once we stopped we smoked and smoked and smoked. man i miss that cali green
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infantibus wrote:
Back when i lived in socal i drove from la habra to buena park while banging my girl in my 77 impala.

Other craziness has involved launching a car at about 85 mph into a blind hill where i landed in oncoming traffic. Thank god there was no one coming.

When i lived in va we went out doing donuts in a 79 fairmont police edition and a 66 cutlass in a gravel parking lot. My trans overheated in the cutlass so i shut it down, here comes my friend in his ex cop car. He shoots gravel all over the side of the cutlass about 15 feet away. lost all the glass on the passenger side.

I also took a pontiac 600 le offroading in that good ol va red clay hit some corners at 60 in the mud, handled pretty well for fwd in the mud.

At the same place i took my ol 72 baja super ffroading and i outdrove some cop chasing me in the mud.

I also had 9 people in a 71 standard out in cali 1 in trunk, 1 on floorboard, 2 on passenger and four in the back. once we stopped we smoked and smoked and smoked. man i miss that cali green

Good thing your father doesn't read this thread. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
infantibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you post stalking me??? Twisted Evil Very Happy
Madtat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="atvaz333"][quote="Contevita"]
I head back to the car and open the hood and find my small military styled shovel, the kind that has the collar that allows you to use the shovel in various angles. It's also got a pick axe on the opposite side of the shovel blade; it's good for digging shallow graves. It takes me an hour to dig the grave in the soft desert dirt/sand. I drag the corpse into the grave and it takes a bit to over him. Why do I even bother, he's going to be baked and half eaten by the local critters. I ended up leaving his shoes sticking out like you'd see in the cartoons and walk away heading back to the Ghia.

I clean off the knife of an oily rag and then throw both into the trunk. I check for my keys in my pocket and then check to make sure my wallet in still in the map pocket of the door. I then rummage in my bag, in the back seat, and find my Gatorade. Back then Gatorade was still purchased in glass bottles not in plastic like today. I chug almost half of it down and look up at the moon, such a nice sight. I look around and then get back into the Ghia, fire it up, check the mirrors for lights and accelerate back onto I-10.

Your sloppy.
Madtat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you had an interesting story thow.....

But sloppy.
74vwbuglove
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drove from san diego to six flags with someone in my trunk, of his own will, he wanted his girlfriend to go with us so he spent a good 4 hours in the trunk, i would pull over to see if he's okay and he would yell at me to get back to driving on the freeway

hooch is crazy.
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an 85 CJ7 back in 90. Mostly stock, 31s with an add a leaf. We had this four wheeling spot we always went to. We were on our way out and there is this hill, for one reason or another I hit it in 3rd gear. We saw ground, trees, sky, trees, ground. I have no idea how high we were but when we hit my drivers side front tire went through my fender (fiberglass), busted my sway bar and blew out my shocks. I cut my other fender to match so I had an 85 flat fender.

This is the same area but at another time. Got it high centered, left it overnight, bought a come-along and got it out the next day...

78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
vwkid7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing about 50-55mph when I managed to do a complete 360 degree turn in my '64 bug on the road.

And I'm 17 years old
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: