Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 191, 192, 193  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
^^^ I wondered how long it would be for more folks to find that truck. It is near me, and IS NOT FOR SALE. The owner is a cool guy, and has an impressive collection of cars parked alongside the highway. But he will not sell anything, just wants them to sit there and look good. Oh well.

Lots of good photo fodder along that stretch of highway. That is a neat one, for sure.

I bought a 21 window that was "not for sale" once. Tried a bunch of times, left my phone number a few times. I ended up yelling a price at him while I was walking back out to my car. A little while after that he apparently wanted to buy into some kind of high-stakes card tournament and he called me. He was 3 hours away from me, too. Never know...

True, but the difference here is the paltry sum he could get for any one of those hundreds of cars is nothing compared to his net worth. This is his Hot Wheels collection.

How about the threat of bodily harm?

Gotta be careful with that shit in Montana. And Idaho. Wink
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
SKT wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This truck has SK 605A paint code, unknown, Sand Green maybe?

Neat.
I do have SK 605A listed as Sand Green? in the SK color listing on the site but maybe this truck was the source of that guess.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

^^^ Just for clarification, the outside of the truck has been repainted. As I recall, the inside is still original paint.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Neat.
I do have SK 605A listed as Sand Green? in the SK color listing on the site but maybe this truck was the source of that guess.

Yes Everett, this is the source and only 605A known...so far. After talking with Lind about this color, he suggested Sand Green. Maybe Corey has Sand Green parts to go compare? Of course a ladder will be needed now. Smile Front doors are sexy faded Dove Blue.

It does have m code 544...so does anyone know exactly what that means?

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Neat.

Yes Everett, this is the source and only 605A known...so far. After talking with Lind about this color, he suggested Sand Green. Maybe Corey has Sand Green parts to go compare? Of course a ladder will be needed now. Smile Front doors are sexy faded Dove Blue.

It does have m code 544...so does anyone know exactly what that means?

My Postal Yellow Double cab has a M code 544, on the VW Birth Certificate it says that means Special Color. On the M code list on this site it says that is service room", special place for conversions made by Volkswagen itself. That is a bad ass bus, too bad the current owner will not part with it.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Yes, I am going to update the 544 listing on this site to say "Special Paint".
I was recently in contact with the person who does the Birth Certificates and this is what they have listed for 544.
They have it listed as Sonderlackierung, which translates as special paint or special color.

The "Service Room" text came from a non-VW book a very long time ago.
I wonder if it was a translation issue at that time or simply bad information
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
Maybe Corey has Sand Green parts to go compare?

I don't have anything Sand Green right now, but I may be able to get my hands on something locally. I am working about ten miles from that truck these days, so I could make a stop. But it is under about two feet of snow now. If there is no hurry, I'd rather wait awhile.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Long-roofs wrote:
Maybe Corey has Sand Green parts to go compare?

I don't have anything Sand Green right now, but I may be able to get my hands on something locally. I am working about ten miles from that truck these days, so I could make a stop. But it is under about two feet of snow now. If there is no hurry, I'd rather wait awhile.

Great info guys.

Of course this is not a VW emergency. Smile I believe I have an m code plate from a '59 PGSG Westy. This may be a good piece to compare inside paints?

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

That last car was/is Split Window Jims
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

66 at my buddies house. I'm gonna bring it home soon to part out, it is to far gone to save. When we were loading it onto his trailer to take home I opened the passenger door and the whole door jam came of with it Shocked Shocked
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Love that photo...might make it my desktop! RIP that bug though.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
SKT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW's Rotting Away, Sitting In Fields, Returning To Earth... Reply with quote

Poor split, that dent looks like damage from being moved using a tractor or forklift Sad
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 191, 192, 193  Next
Jump to:
Page 183 of 193

Jump to: