Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alex stopped by and I missed him!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Alex stopped by and I missed him! Reply with quote

Alex dropped off the fuel pressure tester and returned the timing scale but I wonder how it went. Does it run better Alex ???

Rolling Eyes
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alexmacleod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geoff! Sorry to sneak in and out of your yard -- didn't want to disturb you. Thanks again for the loan of the scale and gauge...really appreciate it.

Well it's running pretty good. Fuel pressure checked out at a solid 29/30 psi, which put me at ease. I didn't end up changing anything, actually -- after driving it around for a bit, it seemed to kind of find its groove. The idle crept up to about 950, but it feels more comfortable there. Drove very smoothly at 60/65mph. Oil temp has been behaving itself much better also -- sticking happily at 180-210.

My delivery from Bus-Boys didn't come on Friday Crying or Very sad . I hope it arrives tomorrow, which will allow me to actually put the new muffler on (gaskets are in the order). Fan screen is also on its way Smile .

I will admit to some embarrassment, however. While getting blown back and forth on the freeway on the way to your house the bus started hesitating every now and then. I was panicking a bit, thinking I had screwed something up when measuring the fuel pressure...kept imagining gasoline squirting up from the T onto the engine. Turns out it was just running out of gas Embarassed . I made it to a gas station, practically dying at the pump. Note to self: don't trust gas gauge.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: