Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring and headlight question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
65Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Wiring and headlight question Reply with quote

I am nearly finished with installing the new wiring harness in my 56 Euro Beetle. I have 2 questions since I bought the car already taken apart. First, the wiper switch terminals are not marked like the ignition switch and the light swtich. Which terminal is which?
Second, am I missing something that goes in the center of the headlight reflector that the little headlight bulb plugs into and are there supposed to be running lights on a Euro Beetle? If so, does it go in the smaller hole just below the center hole in the reflector?
Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

63 Beetle
72 Schnepp XL13 Vintage Formula Vee
72 Caldwell D13 Vintage Formula Vee
71 Super Beetle convertible
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
twinwindows
Samba Pimp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wiper switch is just an on and off switch, it doesn't matter how you wire it up just make sure you have one live power wire going to it and the other to the positive side of the motor on the wiper assembly Unless you have the automatic home switch that puts the blades back where they live and out of the way of the drivers sight but still simple to wire up.

The head light you have is missing the whole assembly that holds two bulbs, the headlight bulb and the driving light
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

CHRISTINE
GFK LIFER!

myzamboni wrote:
Yeah, everyone's now doing it GFK style . . . everythinig is covert until the finished product is revealed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: