Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Solex
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got both I think? There is a brass plug, but I have the #945 (new red arrow) on the outside w/ball peaking out. So, my #945 I can blow out, but not suck back in and seems to be ok! I guess there is no ball under my headlight screw plug? I guess I gotta look for crud in a jet or something?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
electricmonk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me I would disassemble the carb into the three main parts. I would then take apart, clean and reassemble the top, then the bottom (throttle body) and lastly when everything else was done I would clean the main body.
The first time I took one of these apart I took quite a few photos as I went. That way if I forgot what went where I could refer to the photo. I also used the pictures on Russ's site and a rebuild procedure for a Type2 carb. The Type2 carb has a few differences to ours but is a good visual aid.
Can you take any photos of yours?
Sorry have to take my daughter to school, back in a little while
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: