Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Special thanks to LANVAL
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Special thanks to LANVAL Reply with quote

A week or so ago, Lanval posted a thread about his A/C parts he removed from his Vanagon, and what he should do with them. I ended up buying them from him, and he went way beyond the "norm" to remove the A/C wiring harness for me as well. He took some pictures to help me locate the position of some of the parts, as well as the pictures of the A/C unit pieces.

Special thanks to you Lanal. I hope I get to meet you and buy you a round (or 6) for your efforts.

This is what it's all about on this forum. Fellow Vanagon owners going a step ahead to help other out. Not forgotten, and favor will hopefully get returned.

Past VW drives: 1967 Beetle, 1973 Beetle, 1977 Bus, 1971 Military Type 181
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Warms my heart. What goes around comes around. Wink
Lanval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanval Shocked ! That no good sack of... oh wait. That's me... heh. Never mind.

Seriously, since we're on the topic, here's the pix:

[img]http://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/ACMounts/photo#5078570282050651282[/img]

This is the cannister mount (I think you said it was the dryer?). It has a set of brackets that mount horizontally, and the cannister mounts to those vertically via a set of brackets which go around the cannister (all of which you'll get)

The cannister is mounted just behind the driver's side front wheel. Here's a pic from a bit further out:

[img]http://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/ACMounts/photo#5078570286345618594[/img]

and then a bit further back there was a set of two hose routing guides mounted vertically to run the hoses along and support them. (I pulled those for you as well, natch). It was mounted on the rail before the LP tank. See here:

[/img]p://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/ACMounts/photo#5078570290640585906[img]

Hmmm. it's the little smudgy white part, NOT the two nice, clean holes further back.

and last pic:

[/img]http://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/ACMounts/photo#5078570290640585922[img]

OK, gotta get to work getting the A/C stuff ready to get boxed up. Thanks again to Bucko - PM coming in a few hours. And thanks for the appreciation. I very much agree that community means shared support - the truth of the matter is that if everyone spent more time looking out for others, we wouldn't have to worry about our own situation.

I'll hold you to that promise though - if I can get down south, I want some beers - in your air conditioned VW!

Best,

Lanval

hmmm... apparently I didn't pass the image uploading class. Whatever, the URL works, so you can go there and see it on Picasa. If you're bored, look around you'll find my Westy with the beginnings (very dirty) and then the steps taken to restore it to campable splendor. Greetings to all!

Lanval

edit II The album is set to public, so I don't know why Freakness's fix didn't work.... maybe the pix are too large, or Picasa doesn't like deep linking? Hard to believe Google would disable that, but then they helped send Chinese bloggers to jail...

Let's try a link - go http://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/ACMounts

Best,

L

edit III That worked, so here's the link to my soon to be roadworthy Westy: http://picasaweb.google.com/Lanval.de.logres/WestyStuff

Heh. That's a dirty Westy. Just the way I like it!

L

Last edited by Lanval on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
ChesterKV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* fixed it *

Lanval Shocked ! That no good sack of... oh wait. That's me... heh. Never mind.

Seriously, since we're on the topic, here's the pix:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the cannister mount (I think you said it was the dryer?). It has a set of brackets that mount horizontally, and the cannister mounts to those vertically via a set of brackets which go around the cannister (all of which you'll get)

The cannister is mounted just behind the driver's side front wheel. Here's a pic from a bit further out:

and then a bit further back there was a set of two hose routing guides mounted vertically to run the hoses along and support them. (I pulled those for you as well, natch). It was mounted on the rail before the LP tank. See here:

Hmmm. it's the little smudgy white part, NOT the two nice, clean holes further back.

and last pic:

OK, gotta get to work getting the A/C stuff ready to get boxed up. Thanks again to Bucko - PM coming in a few hours. And thanks for the appreciation. I very much agree that community means shared support - the truth of the matter is that if everyone spent more time looking out for others, we wouldn't have to worry about our own situation.

I'll hold you to that promise though - if I can get down south, I want some beers - in your air conditioned VW!

Best,

Lanval
1992 Subaru Legacy EJ22 boxer motor installed.... van is now sold.... currently playing with a 1987 Toyota MR2 with 1.6 liter twin-cam motor. Better than the Subaru boxers....... I'm impressed. Well, okay, in an "apples and oranges" kind of way. Smile
ChesterKV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanval wrote:
... Picasa doesn't like deep linking?

Oh, my........ Shocked

Quote:
edit II The album is set to public, so I don't know why Freakness's fix didn't work.... maybe the pix are too large

My fix seems works from my computer......can everyone else see the photos ?
1992 Subaru Legacy EJ22 boxer motor installed.... van is now sold.... currently playing with a 1987 Toyota MR2 with 1.6 liter twin-cam motor. Better than the Subaru boxers....... I'm impressed. Well, okay, in an "apples and oranges" kind of way. Smile
nathan@el
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also say from first-hand experience that Lanval is one of the nicest guys I've met. My van would not be as nice as it is right now without his help. Great with cars and a nice guy all around! Fortuitously (for me), not only do we both have air-cooled Westy's, but we both ALSO have early 90s Volvo 240s. So I can use Lanval's expertise for both of my cars! Sweet deal indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: