Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

100hp Raby Camper Special..
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: 100hp Raby Camper Special.. Reply with quote

Now that my is running good and has 3000 miles run on it, Raby comes out with a 100hp version...

Ok Jake what to I have to change out to get to 100hp!!! new cam? upgraded dizzy?

I have been using mine as a DD lately getting 19-20mpg while still driving hard like I always do...
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Camper special Reply with quote

I hope Jake will start selling the cam&Lifters again soon. I have had an engine on the stand for 2 months now waiting for a 9550 and pushrods and pump. and other goodies.. Confused
VWBusrepairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm patching up my current engine to get by this summer, I'm planning and budgeting for one of Jake's engines. A bus with 100 HP would be HOT!!!
Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, "COOL"
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ChiTwnVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the link? Went to Raby site, is this an improvement on the 92 hp camper special???
Jake Raby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the details are listed on my forums....

This engine is still stock displacement and still has the same CR as the previous Camper Special combinations. It even has stock L Jet EFI!!
Of course this is an engine that I designed late in 2006 and believe it or not it is not the latest combination that we have. This engine uses flat tappet lifters (as original) and the newest version uses roller lifter technology which should make MASSIVE amounts more torque!

The engine that the current Camper Special "kit" is based on is still the 92 HP version, the updated versions are only available complete.
"I've never given anyone Hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was Hell"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Holy Hell! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok --- now I have to start saving up pennies - I said I wouldnt own another bus but --- could you imagine having a 100hp CS in a Hightop!? Talk about shocking the crap out of people on the highway! lol

1963 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IFBwax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

www.partypickle.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: