Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

clutch looses pressure?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIRATE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: clutch looses pressure? Reply with quote

hello My clutch looses pressure and when i park it on a hill. especially with the nose facing up hill. Ive bleed it twice and it works for awhile but i keep loosing fluid and i cant seem to find where its leaking from. i've been avoiding parking on hills, its been working for awhile but it needs to be fixed. might it be the master cylinder or a pin hole leak in a line? oh the brakes never loose pressure only the clutch. any advice would be apreciated.

thaks fellas,

1984 westy
1.9 waterboxer
4 speed maunal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncromat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the oil dripping on the ground or is there no sign of it ? if the latter then check at the bottom of the steering column . if there is oil there then it is probably the clutch master cylinder . there is a rubber tube from the reservoir to a plastic plug on clutch m/c . oil from the reservoir keeps the clutch m/c topped up through this tube .
the problem i have is that oil is leaking from the plastic plug at the back of the cylinder but i have to replace the whole master cylinder .
PIRATE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no there is no leak under the drive dash . it doesnt mark its territory on the street i dont know where its leaking from? ive looked a buch and i cant find it. just randomly it looses brake fluid then it doesnt have any pressure in the clutch and it wont engage into gear
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: