Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

boot liner
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: boot liner Reply with quote

I know we have discussed this topic before and established that it is, to costly to buy these boot liners from Australia. But I just wanted to share the new alterations I have made to our boot liners, which I believe will really bring these liners up to be the closest to original.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kev.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Achilles3588
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, nice, very nice.

But - not sure where this is used, what years?

Are you doing production runs or made-to-order?

If the former - lining up importers/brokers for here in the U.S.?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments Larry; they are known to the American folks as trunk liners. We in English speaking parts of the world call the luggage compartment, either in the front or back the Boot or is that just a term we use down under, in the west. A trunk is something you take on a voyage to keep your stuff, or a body in. You can wear a pair of trunks (bathers) to the beach, if you’re not into budgie smugglers (Speedo’s).

I can make all three trunk liners, early, hump tank type, intermediate, flat tank inside filler and late, flat tank with fender filler.

I am making these as a made to order part at the moment, as I have a lot of other work going on too, have to stretch my talents over a wide range of exotic marques.
There has been a big interest in these liners with some people trying to organise groups together to try and save money on freight.
Cheers,
Kev.

Also thanks to Chris, for his kind word.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tri356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A copy of a parts list from 1972 shows three different part numbers for these liners:

141 863 509A - up to chassis 3 192 506

141 863 509B - from chassis 3 192 507 up to 147 999 000

141 863 509E - from chassis 148 000 001

Curiously, the 'E' in the last part number has been crossed out by hand and replaced by an 'F'. I've no idea what happened to parts C and D in the intervening years.

Mike
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: