Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Different size fenders ????
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: fenders Reply with quote

Which car ? I sold the 65 VW Highboy to some guy in Sacto about a month ago and the 60 rag to Mike in Watsonville yesterday.

I still have the 57 Euro rag, NOY for sale a 68 drag bug for $700/offer and the 67 rollover special no going to be a VW pickup.
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Fenders? Reply with quote

ROGER LAWLESS wrote:
What year ais it?[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/365518.jpg
[/img]

i have answered you 2 other times, but i guess you cant read because you are asking again

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Early Fenders? Reply with quote

john7 wrote:
ROGER LAWLESS wrote:
What year ais it?[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/365518.jpg
[/img]

i have answered you 2 other times, but i guess you cant read because you are asking again

Don't be an 'A" hole at this time of your life or any other time either. More than one opinion is good to have when a person dosn't know 'squat' about a subject and is willing to hear from more than one source.

I'm not having a great day as my grandson might be dying as we speak/type each other with a bit of sarchasism. This is and will be my ONLY grandchild so I'm a bit upset at the moment. Be thankful I am not being as verbal as I can get at times.

Roger
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your grandson but it is a waste of time to continually post the same thing time after time.

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Fender question Reply with quote

john7 wrote:
sorry to hear about your grandson but it is a waste of time to continually post the same thing time after time.

You just can't help yourself can you ? You need to slow down 'O' Righteous One. The world dosn't revolve around you and your opinion.

As your little 'statement' goes it says "learn from others" not just one person.

I checked out some fenders for Australia and they were/are the same style fenders as the one I have. So in the end you were RIGHT.

I do appreciate your answer to my question. Lets move on.

I have another question that you will probably know the answer to re taillights. What height from the bottomn of the fender in the European model 57 VW Bug was the taillight compared to the American model? I heard that because of the bumper 'overrider' bar VW had to move the taillight up a bit. What say you ?

There was a thread on this one a couple of years ago but I couldn't find it awhile back. I posted my own inquiry but didn't get an answer. I am not the only guy who wants to know the answer to that one.

I also worked for VW in Wolfsburg and Kassel in 1963/4 and I can still learn a thing or two as can everybody.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,
You're coming here with your hand out asking for expert help. If this is not the best time for you, then I suggest you wait until you are able to show a little humility. We should not all be expected to afford you special treatment just because you are having a bad day.

You are having a LOT of trouble asking your question. The photos posted are of an angle that makes it tough to answer the question. How about some straight-on shots.

Thanks Smile
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Woody wrote:
Roger,
You're coming here with your hand out asking for expert help. If this is not the best time for you, then I suggest you wait until you are able to show a little humility. We should not all be expected to afford you special treatment just because you are having a bad day.

You are having a LOT of trouble asking your question. The photos posted are of an angle that makes it tough to answer the question. How about some straight-on shots.

Thanks Smile

Hey Major Woody,

I am not coming here with my "hand out" as you stated. Every once in awhile some Samba guys have a 'self righteous' attitude which ticks me off and I respond in the same way. Like Now. I'll quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

If you look at the pics closely you can see the subtle differences in the heel of the fender where it meets the running board. The other difference is that it is over an inch wider as it heads down towards the tire from mid fender bolt towards the hubcap, see measurement markings, as well as the flat space between the headlight bucket area and the bolt flange. I don't think a straight on shot will help.

Cool
Rick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I want to get back on track here because the fender issue has never been definitive. Roger, I see what you're saying about the fender as it meets the running board. The one of the left has a bit more flare. As far as the measurement you're taking: are you hooking a tape measure on the mounting flange and following the contour to the outer edge? I would like to put the fender issue to rest if possible, because searches turn up a lot of threads that don't seem to answer definitively what years the changes were made and, more specifically, how to identify a fender. I have a 1960 euro that I'm thinking I might have the wrong fenders for, but I would like to be sure. And roger, where in Santa Cruz are you? I'm in Soquel. We should hookup sometime and compare fenders. I've got several from 58-66.
Suboval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of nut is used for the headlight screw? Does it look like this?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ROGER LAWLESS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
ok, I want to get back on track here because the fender issue has never been definitive. Roger, I see what you're saying about the fender as it meets the running board. The one of the left has a bit more flare. As far as the measurement you're taking: are you hooking a tape measure on the mounting flange and following the contour to the outer edge? I would like to put the fender issue to rest if possible, because searches turn up a lot of threads that don't seem to answer definitively what years the changes were made and, more specifically, how to identify a fender. I have a 1960 euro that I'm thinking I might have the wrong fenders for, but I would like to be sure. And roger, where in Santa Cruz are you? I'm in Soquel. We should hookup sometime and compare fenders. I've got several from 58-66.

I have to get the pics and measurements out later today. Yesterday the guy called I just sold my 60 rag to and he stated he couldn't get it in gear. Well I drove to wastonville with the tow bar brought it home and removed the engine. Yep the Throwout bearing shaft lost an arm. Found one in an old case I had and installed it. worked fine. I forgot about the fender pics.

You can call me at 588-6070.

Roger
sc58vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger; I might have found a fender for you I will try and email you the information later today.
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the yellow fender is 59 and earlier

Also Narrowed Bug and Bus Beams!

Follow us on FaceBook and Click the "Like" Button or Instagram
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: