Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What beer are you drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Keystone Light

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Neighbor made beer chili and had a few left over, so I took advantage. Free-- and as everyone knows, beer is beer.

It sure isn't. Beer Styles Study Guide

Keystone Light?? The cans of La Croix in my refrigerator have more taste and texture than that crap Laughing

Meanwhile, I enjoyed a six pack of Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale this week.

sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gary wrote:

Keystone Light?? The cans of La Croix in my refrigerator have more taste and texture than that crap Laughing

Listen Gurn... oh wait... Very Happy

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
sb001 wrote:
beer is beer.

PREACH IT, MY BROTHER! Laughing

I was trying to tell the beer haters that I could drink a real beer and then pee something for them to drink that would taste better than the American Adjunct Lagers.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I enjoyed a six pack of Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale this week.

Reportedly a "Very Good" beer. I like Pumpkin Ales too. And Winter Warmers ("Christmas" beers). And Barleywine style beers...and... Smile
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

6 for $1.35 is tempting. The shits for $1.35 is not.
ChinookFE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My kegerator is currently stocked with a Hazy NE style IPA that I homebrewed, and a few cans of Arrogant Bastard Ale (My all-time favorite beer). Theres also a few cans of Bud Heavy in there from when my Dad was in town.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Out on the town in the big city ..

Had another nice one from the local NC NoDa Brewing.. They seem to create variations to never disappoint.

"Gordgeous"

.. Seasonal and flavorful.

"This Pumpkin is hot, and it knows it. Gordgeous is a well-balanced pumpkin ale using over 50 lbs. of pumpkin and 42 lbs. of brown sugar for every batch! Our spice blend is not the typical for pumpkin beers, either. We use whole-seed spices cracked at the brewery on brew day which include allspice, cardamom, cloves and freshly shaved whole ginger root."

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Out on the town in the big city ..

Had another nice one from the local NC NoDa Brewing.. They seem to create variations to never disappoint.

Gordgeous.. Seasonal and flavorful.

"This Pumpkin is hot, and it knows it. Gordgeous is a well-balanced pumpkin ale using over 50 lbs. of pumpkin and 42 lbs. of brown sugar for every batch! Our spice blend is not the typical for pumpkin beers, either. We use whole-seed spices cracked at the brewery on brew day which include allspice, cardamom, cloves and freshly shaved whole ginger root."

Wow, that sounds awesome! Smile
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

ChinookFE wrote:
My kegerator is currently stocked with a Hazy NE style IPA that I homebrewed, and a few cans of Arrogant Bastard Ale (My all-time favorite beer). Theres also a few cans of Bud Heavy in there from when my Dad was in town.

Arrogant Bastard Ale is "Exceptional".

My hat is off to you for brewing your own style of beer. Smile

As far as the "Bud Heavy", you could always drive it out of town in the middle of the night to pour it down the toilet of a gas station in someone else's town and hope that no one notices. I certainly have more respect for my toilet than to put something like that down it.
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
6 for $1.35 is tempting. The shits for $1.35 is not.

Don't waste $1.35 on that- I'll give you my urine for free.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My Nephew brought me a couple of these from the local NC Cabarrus Brewing Company The Brewery hosted the venue for a "Fox Body".. .. (Ford) meet.

"Mule Spinner Stout"

Dark and delicious. Very smooth

A full bodied, oatmeal stout. Roasted caramel and chocolate malts are used to give this beer its rich flavor. Oatmeal provides a creamy, sweet body and complexity.
The spinning mule was invented in 1825, replacing the older cotton jenny and offering a significant improvement in the production of cotton textiles on a commercial scale. A mule spinner was the person who operated the equipment in the textile mills of Cabarrus County. One such facility was Gibson Mill, which employed hundreds of people in this critical action of spinning yarn. We are pleased to use the actual thread spindles from the spinning mules of Gibson Mill as our tap handles and excited our Mule Spinner Stout honors the hard working men and women who operated them.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Mule Spinner Stout by Cabarrus Brewing Company is reportedly "Good". It's only 5.0% ABV, so it's certainly not one of the big dogs.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Reportedly a "Very Good" Winter Warmer. I love Winter Warmers. One of my favorites is "Jubelale" by Deschutes Brewery.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:
Mule Spinner Stout by Cabarrus Brewing Company is reportedly "Good". It's only 5.0% ABV, so it's certainly not one of the big dogs.

This thread is "what beer are you drinking," not "what's your opinion on the beer someone else is drinking."

Let's stay on topic.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I really, really love winter beer release time. Winter beers make me happy.

Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I really, really love winter beer release time. Winter beers make me happy.

Yes, me too. Jubelale (and the "Super-Jubels" from their wax-dipped Reserve Series) have always been favorites of mine.

I also like Pyramid Ale House's "Snow Cap".
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

That one is reportedly an "Exceptional" beer.

I've had it many times, and I like it. At 7.9% ABV, a sixer of that is just enough to eliminate my inner monologue.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

While in Aruba this summer, there were only two local beers to choose from Balashi and Chill - both made by the only brewery on the island. They were decent and cheaper than any beer that was imported.

Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 147 of 161

Jump to: