Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What beer are you drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My Nephew has the love of crafts as I do.. he came by and we split a nice

Black Balsam Porter from Innovative Brewing. Very smooth and not overly heavy. Slight woods/earth flavor as the name suggests.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Out on town in Sparklecity (Spartanburg SC)

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale .. Lexington Brewery
a bit sweeter than I expected and hoped for.. but good nonetheless

Trifecta IPA . Thomas Creek Brewery
A nice rounded IPA
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Found a couple from Roadhouse Brewery recently. Brewed in Jackson Hole, WY. This one was bought for obvious reasons. But, it was really expensive for a very light beer in a can. Worth the try, not worth buying again. It was just OK.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This one, on the other hand, was excellent, and worth the ten bucks for a sixer.

Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My son and daughter in law just came back from sweet home Alabama and brought me some IPA Calypse Now out of Florence. Normally I am a "don't fruit the beer" kind of guy but this had a nice, orange based flavor. Besides, Roll Tide!!!!
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Brewed with peach and apricot...I’m not one to seek out flavored beer, but these were given to me and the flavor was so subtle I actually enjoyed it.
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Anchor Steam Porter was once a regular in my root cellar, but I have not seen it available around here in a long time. Not sure if I could bring myself to buy a beer brewed with peaches and apricots, but I may try it if it were handed to me.
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I'm drinking Brett Ale by Prairie Artisan Ales.
I mainly bought it because the label art is great, and I'll buy just about anything with my name on it.
It's very hedley, and an overall decent ale, but nothing too outstanding.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I remembered another excellent beer I had back in November in NOLA.

Great Raft Brewing Creature of Habit Imperial Coffee Brown Ale. Really, really good stuff.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Found one of these in the root cellar. I think I bought it in late summer.

Not for me. I suspected I might not like the sour mash beers like coze and such. I was right. I could not finish it.

I moved on to this. Much more my style. Not one of those brutally over-hopped double IPA's. Just a good strong double. 9.3% ABV

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I hear you, sour's are a hard sell for me too.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

crofty wrote:

I would definitely try another, but I won't buy a sixer. Maybe just a sample glass at the pub.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
crofty wrote:

I would definitely try another, but I won't buy a sixer. Maybe just a sample glass at the pub.

Fieldwork out here has a decent raspberry parfait and an orange 50/50 bar tasting sour that's ok. No more than 8-10oz for me but is decent.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
crofty wrote:

Fieldwork out here has a decent raspberry parfait and an orange 50/50 bar tasting sour that's ok. No more than 8-10oz for me but is decent.

I have an aversion to fruit in my beer, but I'll try anything once, usually. I recall trying a cranberry lambic 20 years ago and almost losing my lunch.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

So.... apparently .. Superbowl weekend is beer discount and clear the stock weekend.. Wink
I usually watch one foosball game a year.. for the commercials. Laughing

Friday..stopped in my on the way home shopping market... and allllll along the first register were carts and carts (like 10+) FULL of beer.. and not just any .. all the locals, crafts and micros.. and all were priced to move fast.. Dancing

Really had to restrain from an over purchase as cans store quite well.

Picked up a cheap 6'r of 16 oz Stone Go To IPA for the first time..
Not too bad.. but not too good.. kinda fizzy boring for a high dollar brand IMO

... and some proven Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra's Drool
Still love em..

Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I was pleasantly surprised by the taste.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

PD41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Switched to Miller Lite lately.

1/2 the Carbs of Coors or Bud Light.

Get less fat and helps keep the blood sugar level down !

Quantity Over Quality !
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

PD41 wrote:

Quantity Over Quality !

Its false advertising to use "Quality Over Quantity" when referencing any of the beers in your post!

There's also no fat in beer.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
PD41 wrote:

Quantity Over Quality !

Its false advertising to use "Quality Over Quantity" when referencing any of the beers in your post!

You might to read his post again.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
crofty wrote:
PD41 wrote:

Quantity Over Quality !

You might to read his post again.

or read it after I've had coffee... my bad.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 150 of 161

Jump to: