Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What beer are you drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
Couldn't find any cans of Young's Double Chocolate Stout, so I decided to try a new-to-me selection. This imperial stout is phenomenal! "Brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolate and then bourbon-barrel aged... silky and full bodied with notes of vanilla, cocoa, roasted coffee, and charred oak." It's 12% alcohol. Kinda pricey at $23 for the 4-pack and definitely for sippin' but wow is it good!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Worth every penny I bet. And, it will get even better with age, too. Keep 'em in the root cellar or basement, and try one every 6 weeks or so.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Worth every penny I bet. And, it will get even better with age, too. Keep 'em in the root cellar or basement, and try one every 6 weeks or so.

Funny you say that. I found it at a small family owned market and the guy that worked in their specialty beer section told me to take a bottle and stash it away. It will age very well up to 5 years. If it's this good having been bottled on 10/22/20, I can't imagine how good it would be a year or three from now! It's rare they get it in (seasonal I think) and sadly I got the last 4 pack, but what a treat!! Hopefully, I can find it elsewhere.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Funny you say that. I found it at a small family owned market and the guy that worked in their specialty beer section told me to take a bottle and stash it away. It will age very well up to 5 years. If it's this good having been bottled on 10/22/20, I can't imagine how good it would be a year or three from now! It's rare they get it in (seasonal I think) and sadly I got the last 4 pack, but what a treat!! Hopefully, I can find it elsewhere.

Nice to find these hidden gems locally.

Make sure there is a date on them. Wait at least a year, try one, and let us know how it is.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Nice to find these hidden gems locally.

Make sure there is a date on them. Wait at least a year, try one, and let us know how it is.

The bottling date is stamped on the back label. I'm going to have to find another 4 pack somewhere. That one I'll stash. The remainder of the pack I just bought might not make it to Feb Laughing

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Stormy out after work so I made a.................in case the power goes out Anxious

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Dolph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I am limited to Gluten Free Beers, But Ixnay from Geary's Brewing fits the bill.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Dolph wrote:
I am limited to Gluten Free Beers, But Ixnay from Geary's Brewing fits the bill.

Omission makes some tasty beers for those with food intolerance issues. The pale ale is a favorite of mine.

https://www.drinkomission.com/mission
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Any Bourbon Beer, preferably on tap.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aaronr25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Pabst Blue Ribbon or Hamms

Life's too short to drive a stock VW
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Enjoying some of the fruits of a very long recent road trip.

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Going to the Kaiserhof for Mrs. Fish's b-day dinner. I plan on having a nice cold Spatten Optimator.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Going to the Kaiserhof for Mrs. Fish's b-day dinner. I plan on having a nice cold Spatten Optimator.

ooooh, good choice. Haven't had two shovels upside the head in quite some time.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

The only think I like more than Guinness is a pigs foot porter I once had in a land far, far away.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

My beer drinking has been limited to non-alcoholic for nearly 25 years due to a medical condition. My fave is the German Erdinger Weissbrau malt beverage, served cool, not 'fridge cold. Before I discovered that, and as alternative is Buckler from Holland.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

I’ve been drinking this shit since I was a kid, it’s good lawnmower beer love it in summertime cutting a few acres.

My dad drank this and his father before him. I buy at a gas station up the street.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

That ends this thread....

When you’ve said Buddddddd....Weiser.......
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
I’ve been drinking this shit since I was a kid, it’s good lawnmower beer love it in summertime cutting a few acres.

My dad drank this and his father before him. I buy at a gas station up the street.

"Bud in a Bottle" I'd have two or three, and watch the girls at the strip bar until my wallet was empty.
i miss my 40's.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Anheiser Busch, St Louis.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

Anheuser Busch history is as much fun as drinking the products. Before the takeover by Inbev in 2008 they made over 30 distinct products and even a few craft beers. There’s the official story and approved history then there’s the unofficial story which AB fought like hell to silence. Sleuth around and you’ll find a nice sanitized version on Wikipedia.

The real lesser known story you’ll find in a book which was available for a short time in early 2000s before going out of print. AB went so far as to buy up and destroy as many as they could because it ran counter to the carefully crafted PR image they projected.

How they survived prohibition and the family member that committed suicide. Doing consulting work for Al Capone. The bread kit they sold which also enabled the consumers to make beer at home during prohibition. The non alcoholic drink Bevo. Ties to Germany WW1 and WW2. Shootings and other drunken accidents involving family members.

If a person wanted they could obtain a used copy of
“Under the influence” the unauthorized history of AB
It’s a good read covering beginning to early 1990s. They interviewed hundreds of employees and others to get it all out. Many many firsts. First to pasteurize beer. First to bottle, first to refrigerate, first to use refrigerated rail cars to expand over the United States. before that it was stored in caves in and around St. Louis and it was and is a perishable product.

The sports tie in with cardinals and some politicians. Way too much to list here. It’s there for history buffs.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: What beer are you drinking Reply with quote

^^^ All the more reason not to drink it. But I would love to read that book.

Some Minnesota beers...

My favorite...

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 157 of 161

Jump to: