Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fins on early bay rear bumper?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmouthrob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Fins on early bay rear bumper? Reply with quote

I had my bumpers blasted to tidy them up a bit. It appears though that the drivers side one was fairly rusty and is now kind of hanging off the bumper as the mount has been blasted away!

What are these fins for? I can't make it out for the life of me! Is it cooling or is it just aesthetic?

Thanks!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Fins on early bay rear bumper? Reply with quote

If you are referring to the splash pans in the outer corners they are mounts to keep the tips from wobbling up and down constantly as you drive, they also catch rocks and splashes before they can bounce off the inside of the blade and chip up the body below the tail lights.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fins on early bay rear bumper? Reply with quote

Front Bumper & Rear Bumper ID T2
bmouthrob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fins on early bay rear bumper? Reply with quote

Great, thanks guys!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: