Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sloans265 - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: sloans265
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very early last year I had scored on a couple of Herbie busses and had them delivered to Sloan, who had agreed to modify them into Doublecabs just like one he had done for himself. One bus was very important as it was for my son for Christmas. Sloan had stayed true to his word and had the first bus done and delivered prior to the Christmas holiday.

He finished the second bus earlier this year and had agreed to ship it via FedEx using my account number. Sloan also made a set of hoops for each of the busses. Sloan had the items shipped out of a mailing place, but only the hoops arrived. Since early June, both he and I called anyone and everyone to try to located the missing bus. Somehow, a tracking number and label was never put on the box. Finally, it fell to Sloan to try to find the missing box.

Somehow, early last week, Sloan got ahold of the right person in FedEx Customer service who understood his plight. Within an hour and a half, the missing box was located in the Overages, Shortages, and Damages warehouse in Salt Lake City. An address label was immediately generated along with a tracking number, and today my missing bus arrived.

Sloan is definitely a stand-up person in the VW community. Most sellers would have washed their hands of this, but not Sloan. He worked hard on that bus and was not going to let it end up in a landfill or donated to charity, which is how FedEx disposes of OS&D parcels. I would recommend Sloan as a person anyone can trust and depend upon.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a few rebuild kits from him a while and would do so again- He's a stand up guy for a Goth!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unclebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some handles from Slone and he gave me the best deal I have found on them all year!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloans a good guy and usually has some cool stuff. Would buy from or sell to him any time.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a distributor from Sloan sight unseen. I figured I would trust him based on the description.

It showed up yesterday and it's much better than I was expecting.

It's nice to have good sellers like him around.

Thanks Sloan.
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good feedback guys!

Unfortunately jmsmilin is gonna try and come in here and post something bad about me Rolling Eyes He's a little butthurt over the trade we made for 2 ragtops a few months ago. So now he wants to twist the truth and throw out petty little insults to make himself happy. Those that were there the day the trade was made know the truth and those that have dealt with me know they always get a good deal!
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sloans265 wrote:

Unfortunately jmsmilin is gonna try and come in here and post something bad about me Rolling Eyes He's a little butthurt over the trade we made for 2 ragtops a few months ago. So now he wants to twist the truth and throw out petty little insults to make himself happy. Those that were there the day the trade was made know the truth and those that have dealt with me know they always get a good deal!

I did get a good deal in my opinion, $4400 on a nice black 62 you had a lot more invested in, I sold for more, and you now claim was a rusty pile, thats odd though I thought you always gave good deals? Im actually dumbfounded how you went from being a stand up guy to a flat out liar over some chrome eye brows you claim are now junk, ever heard the story of the Fox and the Grapes? Here are the facts: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319927

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmsmilin wrote:
sloans265 wrote:

I did get a good deal in my opinion, $4400 on a nice black 62 (1)you had a lot more invested in, (2)I sold for more, and you now claim was a rusty pile, thats odd though I thought you always gave good deals? Im actually dumbfounded how you went from being a stand up guy to a flat out liar (3)over some chrome eye brows you claim are now junk, ever heard the story of the Fox and theGrapes? Here are the facts: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319927

(1) Seriously Jered, you don't know just how little I had in that car. All you know if I found it on ebay. I never even bid on the car.

(2) Sold for more? That's funny, the new owner told me he only paid $4600 for it. Wow, big profit Rolling Eyes

(3) NOW claim they are junk? I never claimed they weren't junk. I just know that when you were asked about them IN FRONT OF WITNESSES, you claimed the previous owner had taken them off. A few days later after telling you I had talked to the P.O. you then admitted having taken them off before you brought the car to me. A fact you seem to leave out of your story.

Here's a little quote from your negative feedback.

jmsmilin wrote:

As it turned out he cancelled the order the week before (he told me that in an email after I sent his plate). He then started to “stalk” me in the threads and post negative things about me right in the middle of my general posts. Later on he said he was just trying to get a rise out me and basically that the eyebrows were junk and he didn’t care about them after all the big fuss he made.

You just don't pay attention. I told you that I canceled the order after you only sent the plate back.
"Stalk you" in the threads?? Post negative things about you in a general post? You mean this post , the one you started about the eyebrows in question?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=316571
You opened yourself up to remarks when you start a thread about parts you took off a car. And yes I was trying to get a rise out of you. And it appears I've been quite successful so far Laughing

Another quote
jmsmilin wrote:

I think Sloan was upset over the deal after it was done. Many of his friends at the time tried to discourage him (could have been a ploy) but he made the deal. But after I listed it for sale he started to bash me around the forums, make up stories

Upset? Hell I'm as happy as a pig in shit. Nobody tried to discourage me, they only questioned it. Once I explained everything they understood. Oh and I didn't make the deal, you did. I only offered the deal.
And I believe I started "bashing" you before you put it up for sale Rolling Eyes

More...
jmsmilin wrote:
I looked over the 62 and made the deal and drove away.

Another lie that was witnessed by other samba members that were there. You never "looked over" the '62. You just stood there as I opened up the doors and decklid and gawked at the car. Never stuck you head inside it, lifted no carpets, checked no floorpans-wouldn't even sit in the seat, NOTHING. And "drove away"? Your so full of shit, I had to drive the '62 over to your inlaws house! Oh looky I even have a picture. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=455459

Jered if your gonna post some B.S. feedback on me, you shouldn't twist the story to suit your side of it. Especially when I have people that can verify/witnessed what happened. Also your attempts to insult me and make judgments on my "level of maturity" show how desperate you are to get back at me for something YOUR obviously not happy about.

THE FACT IS, you burned yourself on this deal by not covering your ass when you....
(1) Lied about taking the parts. No matter how big or small the item, ya lied. I only choose to fuck with you cause I caught you and I think maybe that eats you up a bit.
(2) Didn't look the '62 over LIKE ANY POTENTIAL BUYER/TRADER SHOULD DO. Shit you didn't even bother to look over the '59 according to the P.O.(but you had time to pull over and pull parts). You didn't even know the '59 ran!!

I could go on and on but I have a life. Jered you can go ahead and spew some more crap about me but I'm done with you. As you can see my feedback is good and my rep is strong. Have I heard of the story of the Fox and the Grapes? Yeah I've heard of it. But here's a book for you ought to read sometime.........
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sloan
jmsmilin
Samba's Most Posted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing whatever makes you feel better, Im still happy with the deal I got, you were the one who couldnt get over the eye brows, I have no problems with any of it other than your BS posts, PMs, and slander, you brought it here and got what you asked for, you need to get over it

(o\ ! /o) | o \/ o | (o)=|=(o) [o\|_|_|/o] \m/
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought another distributor from Sloan it arrived just as advertised.

Thanks again! (I promise I won't buy anymore). Laughing
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what, I meet Sloan personally about a month and a half ago, and we enjoyed a weekend of good vw fun and I can tell you all that he is a stand up man in the vw comunity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife contacted sloans265 regarding a very clean Hazet Assistant he was selling. She doesn't do a lot of big ticket shopping but wanted to buy the Hazet for my birthday. Sloans265 was very helpful and honest throughout the process.

Thanks again.
64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
philippe1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently bought a carbs set from Sloan and everything went very smooth and quickly.
i recommand this great seller for international buyer as i am
philippe
PAris-FRANCE
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a vw from Sloan yesterday was very pleased. Sloan was very friendy and even took time to help us get the car loaded up on the trailer.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a plate frame from Sloan. Arrived safely / good to deal with cheers ~
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Posting here till I get what I pay for. Was told Wednesday then Friday. Well it’s saturday and still no tracking number or a courtesy email. Waiting,,,,,,,,,,,
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received my economotors folder from Sloan in better condition than described in ad. Great communication and Quickly received my item as promised. Would definitely Would do another deal with him with no worries. Thanks brotha
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

CaLiBus wrote:
Posting here till I get what I pay for. Was told Wednesday then Friday. Well it’s saturday and still no tracking number or a courtesy email. Waiting,,,,,,,,,,,

I told you I would get it out Wendsday. Sorry I have a day job and didn’t get it out till Thursday. The word Friday never came out of my mouth. The feedback before and after your post was mailed out the same day. You’ll “get what you paid for” most likely on Monday. So I guess you can just keep waiting
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Edit: Thursday ,
Thanks for the reply
mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: sloans265 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Excellent buyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: