Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Windshield replacement
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Windshield replacement Reply with quote

Greetings all, Lots upon lots of dings and scratches and a small crack on the windshield of my 82 Westy.
Whats recommended for a replacement and can I just doe-see-doe into an auto glass shop and have it replaced? The seal is fine.
Whats the $$$$ going rate and is their anything I should be warry of?
Thankx, RCB
ChesterKV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude,

Call The Buslab across the bay in Berkeley. They did my windshield a few years ago and it's still holding up great. Mine has a manufacture's tint along the top 6-inches or so that turned out to be a lifesaver. They run a constant special including installation which seems totally reasonable although I can't remember what the price is. At the very least you can ask them how much it is and what brand of glass it is. They are within walking distance of downtown Berkeley BART so you could take a train back and forth. Ask for Steve or Marco.

Tell them Chester sent you......they'll get a kick out of it.... . . . I think...

- Good luck..
1992 Subaru Legacy EJ22 boxer motor installed.... van is now sold.... currently playing with a 1987 Toyota MR2 with 1.6 liter twin-cam motor. Better than the Subaru boxers....... I'm impressed. Well, okay, in an "apples and oranges" kind of way. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: