Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bicycle Fest
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Ride-Fly wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
^^^ Nice stuff, but each of them is in the samba gallery and not one of them is a VW or VW related. You need to host them elsewhere to post them here.

How do I host them in a different gallery? I thought all pics had to be put up on the samba before being able to insert them into a post.

As an Admin has done with my previous post, feel free to delete my pics or post altogether since without pics, it isn’t much of a post. Thx.

Host them on imgur/Flickr/photobucket or a place like tha, then post them here. Samba gallery is for vw pics only.
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

So, after a somewhat contentious cycling thread here, and after seeing some FB friends getting into cycling, I decided I'm long overdue for a ride.

I pulled the fixed-gear off the hook, and spent yesterday afternoon getting it back into shape. My fist ride in many years, it was was pretty short, and slow. I forgot how much I enjoyed it though. I'm hoping there's enough light when I get home tonight to go on another one. I need to get my legs and lungs back into shape.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Good lookin single! It has strong hints of my favorite words that start with "C"- Cannondale, Campagnolo and Carbon forks?

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Good lookin single! It has strong hints of my favorite words that start with "C"- Cannondale, Campagnolo and Carbon forks?

Good eye! Correct on 1 & 2. Just the seat post is Campy though. The rest are mostly budget parts that shine up nicely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

"Finished" my '85 Trek 660.

W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

New bike last fall, and built a new sidecar for it , the kid approves , and it has a VW theme

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Watching videos, thinking of bikes. I thought this was interesting.

Link

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

that's great, thanks for sharing that
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Kustom Built Bicycle Tribute to Ed Roth ! ... The Finkinator !
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/my-tribute-to-ed-roth-the-finkinator.169721/
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Very cool Typ3nu are you or do you know the builder?

Typ3nut wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:

Typ3nut wrote:

I'm not the builder but have seen some of his other bicycles. I'm a Classic Schwinn Collector but I build Kustom pieces too. Happen to see this very well done piece and felt this was a good place to share. You could post or contact him through theCabe.com site. Who doesn't know or love Ed Roth Kustoms.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

One of my classic schwinn middleweight bikes.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Thanks, Typ3nut I may have to reach out but also looking at board track racers and electric bikes. I love bikes of all kinds!

Typ3nut wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

Typ3nut wrote:

I'm not the builder but have seen some of his other bicycles. I'm a Classic Schwinn Collector but I build Kustom pieces too. Happen to see this very well done piece and felt this was a good place to share. You could post or contact him through theCabe.com site. Who doesn't know or love Ed Roth Kustoms.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Starting to like this little 2 wheeler, but not the over 2.2K price LOL

https://www.bikeberry.com/michael-blast-350-500w-t...BMQAvD_BwE
www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Starting to like this little 2 wheeler, but not the over 2.2K price LOL

https://www.bikeberry.com/michael-blast-350-500w-t...BMQAvD_BwE

May not be as aesthetically appealing but Giant, Trek, Santa Cruz, Surly, Yuba and many more now make fantastic e-bikes that are close to that price but have massive backing and warranty for days. In the bicycle industry I am always weary of bikes like this as sometimes more focus is on looks that parts quality. Sacrificing function for form ya know?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:

I rarely suggest that I'd drop a bag of puppies in a freeway median AND a litter of kittens in the river for a muscle bike, but let's face it...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

My 11 year old daughter during a training ride at The Lexus Velodrome. She can't wait to get back once they are allowed to open fully.

Ulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

I got the chance to buy a pre-war roll fast yesterday for $495 US. It is crusty but complete and rideable and a tanker, but unfortunately it is a ladies model. I’m thinking about buying it just to cut it up and convert it to a man’s bike.

Meanwhile I haven’t owned a bicycle for 22 years and I picked one up the other day so I could go riding with my wife. When I say picked it up, I think the bike literally came from the bottom of the canal. I got it online for $100.

Here it is in my garage after washing most of the mud off with a hose.

Underneath the mud everything was in pretty good shape, and most especially the Sturmey-archer coaster brake three speed. This is why I paid the $100 but it was in great shape except for the rusty little chain And the cheapo plastic guide roller. I replaced that roller with some sealed ball bearings from the inside of an old computer hard drive, which happened to be the perfect size to fit on a skateboard screw lol.

I junked the fenders, rack, basket, chainguard, and the front brake, since I don’t like caliper brakes on alloy wheels.

All the bearings were savable except for the crank, So I bought a modern sealed bearing crank set Or what they call a bottom bracket kit nowadays.

Someone had tried to ride the bike with lots of mud in that bottom bracket. The bearings were literally in pieces.

The frame is really straight and this is the only odd thing about it, where the stays connect to the clamp instead of the post.

I decided to rebuild the stock seat since it was in great shape except for the torn cover and the moldy foam soaked full of stinky mud. I bought a gel seat cover and stitched it on from underneath before I reattached all the hardware and trim. It came out very nice. It’s comfortable and secure but of course it still looks like a $15 Walmart seat cover.

This is my first bike with aluminum wheels and I’m really digging it. She is a real Hill climber in low gear with that tiny sprocket upfront. In Top Gear my wife can’t catch me on her 14 speed Nishiki. But that’s the point of this. I want her to get out and ride the bike since she is recovering from knee surgery and it has been three years since she broke her knee.

Anyhow I’m jazzed about bicycling again and I joined the rat rod bike forum. I wanna build a custom bike from scratch for myself. I have a lot of aluminum tube hanging around & I need to learn how to weld it now.

But it looks like the rainy season is almost over here which means that soon I’ll be able to work on the Volkswagen chassis and the bicycles will be put aside.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

Love it when this thread pops up again.

Just yesterday I grabbed a free bike at the local dump/transfer station/shopping center. It's a Wally World special, that was left to rot.

New tubes (bought awhile back on clearance for a couple of bucks), disassemble and grease the wheel bearings and bottom bracket, and lube the chain. Fully functional cheap cruiser for someone. I'll sell it for twenty bucks or give it to someone that might need it.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bicycle Fest Reply with quote

I tried to buy one on eBay but the guy took my money and never shipped it. Now I see he is peddling the same bike again.

I think I was Schwinndled.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
Jump to:
Page 71 of 75

Jump to: