Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A whine about a VW bus repair
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: A whine about a VW bus repair Reply with quote

Regarding the lower inner panel below the nose panel, is there anything more of a ball buster to remove than that panel?
I never finished removing the one on my 1957 bus, but I had cut off the lower part of the nose panel (it needed replacing), which made it easier, removed the lower outer skin, which went way up behind the nose panel, for no apparent reason, to reveal the inner panel: a large tab comes off of the bottom of each A-pillar, which the inner panel is spot welded to, then it is spot welded in a way to the end of each frame rail so you can't remove the third and inner layer of sheet metal, which extends over the top and bottom of each rail.
I have a right front rail section with a right dog leg and walk-thru seat pedestal that I am going to put in a double cab, and I had to remove the section of the inner panel that was left on the end of the frame rail and I couldn't believe that there were three layers of sheet metal. Shocked
Does anyone have any tips on removing and installing these bastards?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: