Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

John Lemke Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indian640 wrote:

No worries John, thanks for the reply. I sent you an email that I have an original Hella licence light gasket, do you still need one? Art

Thank you for the offer, Art - I never did find a pristine NOS gasket - so I had to make one from scratch , It should look pretty good. Just out of curiosity, I bought one of the current aftermarket ones to see why I was getting requests to make that gasket - and man, I wonder if they even had an original to compare the dimensions - and I cannot believe that anyone could ever get one of those to fit - especially where the chrome molding goes on. I still would like to find an absolute perfect NOS gasket - not to put down all the ones you guys sent they are ALL very nice and in good condition I thank you - I was just looking for a "perfect" NOS example. If anyone has one, I am still game to make a mold - otherwise - I will use the one that I hand made. I actually need one for my Ghia - the aftermarket one -which I got with the car- was starting to crack just a year or so after I bought my car - now sometimes when it rains, it seeps black coloring - unbelievable!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the real deal John, as close to NOS as you can get. No cracks, supple rubber and the Hella stamp and VW part # clearly embossed.
I`ll loan it to you for the asking, when you send my mats...... Art
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member, who represents several other members as well, asked me to post this message, please see:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6859738#6859738

All feedback or order issues should be in his feedback thread, the fact that this thread is acting as a feedback thread sometimes should not continue. Thank you.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aussie59Cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Lemke
I'm coming up to my second year anniversary that I have payed for my lowlight mats and haven't received them as yet. I believe that some have been waiting longer than I have.
You have made continuous promises and excuses that we all have given you the benefit of the doubt.
You have tempted and excited us with your proposal of manufacturing a reproduction bulkhead mat, sill mats, RHD floor mats and license plate gasket. I have even sent you a NOS license plate gasket long ago and still no reproduction.
We the Ghia community do appreciate your intentions however we don't appreciate getting the run around. It has been far too long John. I really don't know how you sleep at night with all those long time standing orders?
If you are serious in your venture, then you need to give firm delivery dates, AND STICK TO IT MATE! No excuses! If you are not serious then you should stop teasing us and pass on the project to someone who can commit. It's not an issue with money for us. We will pay for quality reproduction parts.
Please provide us with firm honest delivery dates for all outstanding payed orders.
Thank you.
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie59Cab wrote:
Dear Mr Lemke
I'm coming up to my second year anniversary that I have payed for my lowlight mats and haven't received them as yet. I believe that some have been waiting longer than I have.
You have made continuous promises and excuses that we all have given you the benefit of the doubt.
You have tempted and excited us with your proposal of manufacturing a reproduction bulkhead mat, sill mats, RHD floor mats and license plate gasket. I have even sent you a NOS license plate gasket long ago and still no reproduction.
We the Ghia community do appreciate your intentions however we don't appreciate getting the run around. It has been far too long John. I really don't know how you sleep at night with all those long time standing orders?
If you are serious in your venture, then you need to give firm delivery dates, AND STICK TO IT MATE! No excuses! If you are not serious then you should stop teasing us and pass on the project to someone who can commit. It's not an issue with money for us. We will pay for quality reproduction parts.
Please provide us with firm honest delivery dates for all outstanding payed orders.
Thank you.

I really am working to make all of those ALL of those items - most are 90% finished. But my top priority right now is to fulfill all of my outstanding orders before I work on anything else. Due to how long I have promised the RHD mats - I will make that one last mold - it should not take too long to make. And the pending mat orders are first of the the RHD mold. BUT - I have gathered a good amount of of information on the materials to make the BHM nold. Anytime I have time to work on those molds, I realize my time would be better spent to fulfill my current orders I will admit I have posted excuses for how long my mat orders have taken, but - I did and still do have some major life changing experiences going on even now. I really have had more then one major health issue, and I have had to move. That includes moving the molds and then finding the a good place to make the mats. I honestly do not go more then an hour a day stressing about my late orders. It took about 3 years to figure out out all of the dynamics of making just original floor mats - and that was the work of my brother Dave and myself - and the first ones were not made too well - they looked great - but were too rubbery - like fishing worms! Smile

A good example of the time consumption of R&D is the seemingly humble license plate cover gasket. I have a great mold for that - but now I am having a challenge finding just the right type of rubber consistency to make them with and I have to purchase each sample of rubber to see what I will work and what won't. I refuse to settle for - and will not - make or sell shoddy products. I need one for my Ghia, as well.
I have made some mats this weekend, and they are slated to be shipped this week. I am really excited to get my orders filled and to have an inventory of mats to sell for immediate shipment. I personally hand -craft each and every (work of art) mat by hand, and I have the toughest quality control department in the world - myself. I am my own worst critic - and I WILL NOT sell any part that I would not use in my own Ghia. In fact the mats in my Ghia are some that did not pass my standards to sell, yet they still look and are just as durable as they were when I made them over 10 years ago - and I use my Ghia as a daily driver in the summer - I use to drive it year 'round when I live in sunny southern California.
I have at least 8 different products that I can make and have sold on this site. I would have about four ads running right now - but like I said, I am putting my efforts into getting my pending orders out - and my shipping list became a mess - I sent an email to everyone who I was unsure had received their mats. I am doing my best to get the orders out in the order that were received. I have a "top four" and you- Aussie59Cab - are in that top four.

I sincerely appreciate every ones' generous and understanding patience. And on a personal level - I am getting more and more excited about making this into a full on true business. My "real" job has great insurance and great benefits - and does pay well - so I really need to stay there - I will have to learn how to implement better time management and have to really start to exercising a lot of self discipline to have a full-time job and make the mats and other (impossible to find) Ghia parts in a timely manner.

Once again, I say - Things are happening - I promise.

I have not been this excited about production since I started considering making floor mats - 15 years ago. But, don't worry - I only have a few pending orders from 15 years ago!
J/K Laughing

In closing, I would like to wish a very sincere thank you- and happy holidays to the great Ghia community and ALL of my VW friends and your families.

John

Last edited by lemke on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Things are happening - I promise.

John,
I feel I have to chime in here. On your list that you`ve aquired, my order was paid for on Aug. of 2011. Over the past year I was told on several occassions that I was next for delivery. Any chance that this will be done by the end of this year?
Thank you in advance, Art
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped.
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Just wondering how the project is coming along.....have not heard back from you from early Dec. Thanks, Art
Sebastian Gaeta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a set of John's mats they would like to sell? I'll pay a very, very good price for them if you want to let them go. I can Paypal or wire the funds immediately.

Thanks,

Sebastian Gaeta
'67 Ghia Convertible

[email protected]

'63 Beetle Turkis
‘64 Karmann Ghia Coupe Manilagelb/Black Roof
'64 356C cabriolet Signalrot
'65 356C coupe Rubinrot
'66 Single Cab Velvet Green
'67 Karmann Ghia convertible Heliosblau
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: RHD mats Reply with quote

Hi All,
Has another heard from John Lemke? I've left numerous emails in relation to my order and no reply. Does anyone have an updated email address?
Thanks
Sasha
indian640
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: RHD mats Reply with quote

Srecko wrote:
Hi All,
Has another heard from John Lemke? I've left numerous emails in relation to my order and no reply. Does anyone have an updated email address?
Thanks
Sasha

Welcome to the club Sasha!
Please take a number and hurry up and wait... Confused
BrentDF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faith is a wonderful thing. Not sure it's justified in this instance. What's the point of taking orders and not filling them?
lemke
Samba Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERY order will be filled - I promise. I have reasons for how late the mat orders have taken, but I am not posting anymore excuses. I did just purchased twice the amount of material I use to make the mats, plus more pigment. When I get on a roll, I can make one set on a work day, and 2 and *perhaps* 3 sets on my days off.
danielsan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are right to ask, publicly, for their mats to be delivered and I really hope that the logjam can be freed.

I will say that once they arrive they are well worth the wait:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, I waited a long time for mine, but John did come through.

Now let's get that bulk head mat made!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boinkffd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also waited a while for my mats and John delivered a fine product.
Aussie59Cab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you must have some dates by now John, as to when we are getting our mats?
Srecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: RHD ghia rubber mats Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from John? Placed an order 18 months ago followed up with numerous emails of late...no response. Note he's placed a new ad the other day.....not sure why when he's not meeting the current orders!!!
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: RHD ghia rubber mats Reply with quote

Srecko wrote:
Has anyone heard from John? Placed an order 18 months ago followed up with numerous emails of late...no response. Note he's placed a new ad the other day.....not sure why when he's not meeting the current orders!!!

Yes, John is trying to work through the outstanding orders at the moment. If you have not already seen this topic you need to contact John with your details: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=587330
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sparkleplenty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...For God sakes John. I'm flying up to give you a hand... Laughing
For all of you who have bought these...Plan on 1-3 years for delivery...It's just the way it is...It's nothing new...These mats are the bomb!! You will be happy not if, but when they arrive... Cool

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who is swimming naked."
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: