Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brothers VW - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: brothersvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 18, 2024
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Brothers VW Machine Shop Reply with quote

I have been a customer for sometime now. The Brothers always come through. While I have been a machinist for 40 years now I rely on the Brothers to do most of my machining. Many times I am thinking of going one route and they will suggest another. While at times it may take awhile to get something completed due to their backlog of work they complete it in a timely manor. It is always top notch. The Brothers offer good value for the money and have the knowledge to back it up. You won't be disappointed if you have them help you on your next project.
Since they are moving to a larger building they should have even a better operation. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brothersvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Brothers VW Machine Shop Reply with quote

Hello,

This is Jacob from Brothers VW Machine Shop. I just wanted to note that we always strive for excellence and customer service. We always do our best to make sure we achieve our goal of excellence. As always, we are thankful to all our customers who have supported us during 6 years (and growing) of business!

Thank you!
Jacob Bond
Operations/Sales

BROTHERS VW MACHINE SHOP
743 E. Francis Street
Ontario, CA 91761
909-947-6001
www.brothersvw.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
1961bluebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I promised, I´m in with my order of polished crank etc. Perfect communication, order quickly processed, these guys really know their business. Thanks.

|82x94|

1961 Deluxe beetle, 1971 type 181, 1968 T2a Baywindow, 1973 Type 147 "Swiss Fridolin"(sold), 1966 Deluxe sedan (sold), 1983 "Silver Bug" edition (sold), 1961 beetle (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crowlejo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! Needed some 40hp heads and ordered from Brothers. great communications and awesome speed. The rebuilt heads look great at a great price. I can't wait to run them. Thanks a lot!
Rockstar Suzuki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best
Very Professional
Great machine work --Great communication Very Happy Very Happy
Howard Sanson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great guys they had some piston's that are hard to find 85.5 mm stroker , thanks alot . Laughing Very Happy
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a new magnesium engine case from Brothers VW Machine.
Stroker clearanced, bored for 94's and full flowed.
It is going to be a 2332cc engine I'm building for an off road customer.
Nice machine work, very nice.
Fast delivery too.

Thanks to Jacob and the brothers.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1961bluebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a set of 94 mm Mahles for my 2276 build. Brothers did perfect job by turning them down for a 90.5 register they cleaned the casting flesh between fins and clearanced the cylinders for head studs as a nice extra touch. Thank you Brothers VW.

|82x94|

1961 Deluxe beetle, 1971 type 181, 1968 T2a Baywindow, 1973 Type 147 "Swiss Fridolin"(sold), 1966 Deluxe sedan (sold), 1983 "Silver Bug" edition (sold), 1961 beetle (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirty_rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need to ask nato about what the deal with m boyer saga. have pm
mister bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great guys great communication super fast shippers

thanks for the RDW's fellas
john morris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Brothers VW Reply with quote

Good machine shops are always busy. I have come to expect delays. In fact I am not sure that prior to this I had ever gotten a part back on time. I sent my case to Brothers to sleeve the lifter bores. I sent it without asking how long and I assumed it would be about a month. Boy was I wrong! The UPS guy must have taken it out of the box and set it up on the bench for them. I sent it out one week and it was back the next and I am on the east coast! Extremely good communication, both over e-mail and phone. Work looks awesome! I will keep the box I used for shipping, I will definetly be using them again.
BugsandJeeps
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More great feedback for Brothers.

I sent them my case to have it align bored, full flowed, opened up for 90.5 and case savers. Case arrived on a Tuesday and was ready and shipped back to me on Friday. The case arrived today and the work looks great. 3 days from CA to NC is fast. Excellent communication with Jacob via email and phone. I will be doing business with them again.

Mike
auslander
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers is a fine oiled machine. I've had them do work for me twice, the parts were in and out in fast. They will do work that other machine shops wont do- great shop!!!

66 POS Bus
69 Class 11 Beetle
71 Cat-Look Beetle
64 Old Skool Baja
74 "Swamp" Thing

!!! F**k Cancer !!!
Time's Tide will Smother You
"You can't throw a rock in Long Beach without hitting a tweaker" Steve Tucci
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers VW is incredible!

My brother knew I was having a hard time with my engine builder, so he said call these guys. I called on a Friday to inquire about getting myself a new stroker long block and had very specific ideas about how I wanted to do it. Jacob spent probably 20 minutes with me on the phone talking about different ways to do things, and his professionalism and knowledge helped get a winning combo for my '66 bus. At the end of the conversation I jokingly said that I would be in the area the following Thursday, and he basically said, 'no problem'.

You're kidding right? That's 6 days from now!?

No problem!

We picked up the engine and it looked like a piece of art. It was wrapped in plastic, super clean and around the cylinders and case studs etc there were neat beads of sealant, not blobs like when I build engines. The whole thing looked as if it was assembled with care. Good!

I installed the tinware, carbs, distributor, exhaust etc from my old engine and made another call to ask about recommended jetting for my dual 40s.

I installed it into my '66 bus, checked the valves, checked the timing, and fired it up. It fired up almost immediately, and right out of the box it sounded like a tuned engine. After a little driveway break-in and a check for leaks. I hit the road for a short drive to work. I couldn't believe the carbs were dialed in! Threw it on the wideband and they were perfect with the jetting that Jacob gave me, and a little fine tuning.

Just got back from a 200 mile round trip camping adventure. I stopped every so often and checked the temp and the dipstick never felt hot, and there are ABSOLUTELY NO OIL LEAKS!! I don't know how they did it!

The engine makes great power, and coupled with my 3.88 pinion with gear reductions the sucker pulls like a tractor, all the while staying cool.

Great work Brothers VW, you're one of the best that I've run across!! You get my business.
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to get my heads ported and was referred to them by an engine builder.E mail response was fast,great communication too.I also needed to get done asap between dune trips ,and they did the heads in 1 week turnaround.Price was great.This was back in feb and they were for my sandrail.That was the difference of me having the work done then vs now.

Heads also worked great too was like a whole new motor.Now have the motor apart for other upgrades to take more advantage of the headwork,New vz25 cam and going from 1914 to 2275 in my 1300 pound buggy.Will definitely go back if i need any machining work done on my case or heads.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed some machine work done and after reading this thread and getting some other personal feedback from others I know who have already posted, I contacted Jacob.

I am very satisfied and will be sending more work to Brother's VW machine... Jacob is very easy to talk to and deal with and the work they sent me back was excellent! As said before the turn around time was fast!

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still shocked and surprised how easy it is to work with Brothersvw. Jacob has been a breath of fresh air after dealing with other shops. He is respectful to you and informative. Most everything I ordered is cheaper than anywhere else i have inquired. Best of all, they use USPS! Man you dont know how much money that saves us guys in Hawaii. 2 Thumbs and 5 stars Brothers VW! As far as im concerned you are one of two shops i will only buy from. Keep up the good work. -Jon
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers was great, they built my 2276 for my bus to my specs!

hopfully I don't have to buy one from them again soon! Wink
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Jacob and the Brothers come through.
Ordered a new mag case with all the goodies for a customer build.
Sent 2 customer cases for the full treatment.
Had 5 cranks ground.
All this done in just over three weeks and that includes shippiing from my shop to theirs at 5 days each way.

Thanks!

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
garyj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brothers!
Nothing else to be said. If you need it, they will do it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: