Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dual carb question
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propflux01 wrote:
I have used 36 dual dells myself sucessfully in the past , with 28mm venturies. I can't personally see a 40 running that well unless it had even smaller venturies.

Have ya ever done it? I am right now. I run dual 40mm Dells with 32 venturis. I should probably run 28's, but CB was out of them at the time, and with these 32's, this thing just SINGS on the freeway! Very Happy All in all, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PDSIT is a good carb too. The kads would be ok if it weren't for the shitty throttle bodies, and substandard parts going in them these days.

Yeah, goober, basically.
Hotrodvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Mark, yer killin' me! Laughing

78x94 with IDA's....oober fun

Horsepower is an addiction........Addictions cost
lots of money!

Hose & Fittings
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dubbin68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im goiing to go through with the PDSIT carbs

thanks for everyones help
Cool Jack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pair of Weber 34 ICT's so the choice was little easier for me to get the linkasge etc. from CB Performance. I did some pretty extensive checking on the Kadrons etc. before I decided to stay with the Webers. The linkage setup just seemed better to me and the fact that the Webers already had the ported vacuum made it an easier decision. C B has a great Hex Bar Linkage that works perfectly and they will give some very good instructions that are pretty fool proof. The fact is the engine runs great and the SVDA works perfectly. After I put the duals on I wondered why I waited so long to chage from the single 34-3.
grimace007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 buggy wrote:
After I put the duals on I wondered why I waited so long to chage from the single 34-3.

that what everyone says after doin to duals..

once you switch to dual 2bbl youll wonder why you went with the 1barrels Laughing

but jus a footnote... dont be freaked out when your motor only idles on 2 cyl's its how dual 1bbl carbs tend to run, and is completely normal

Dallas Air Coolers
perrib wrote:
Hey It is The Samba where well thought out rational answers can take a while and getting side tracked is normal. I was just lucky this time. Smile

cr@M wrote:

No one has any personal responsibility these days. This country is sue happy. Intelligence is no longer a requirement, just an accessory.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dubbin68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grimace007 wrote:
70 buggy wrote:
After I put the duals on I wondered why I waited so long to chage from the single 34-3.

that what everyone says after doin to duals..

once you switch to dual 2bbl youll wonder why you went with the 1barrels Laughing

but jus a footnote... dont be freaked out when your motor only idles on 2 cyl's its how dual 1bbl carbs tend to run, and is completely normal

thanks for the advice...im sure i will try 2ddl as time goes by...just goign to see how the solex pdsit35's work first
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: