Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lost package/Shipping company discussions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for Greyhound to deliver two fenders for two weeks now..Unbelievable first time and last I use them Rolling Eyes
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Waiting for Greyhound to deliver two fenders for two weeks now..Unbelievable first time and last I use them Rolling Eyes

You shipped them? or your waiting to pick them up?

I use greyhound ALOT..And usually when it takes that long it's cause I take long to get it to them..

Hope you get the stuff soon..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint76 wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:

I use greyhound ALOT..And usually when it takes that long it's cause I take long to get it to them..

They were shipped to me from New York..I keep hearing it might be because of the weather but I don't have a good feeling about this. I'll keep you guys posted
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Kabrio7 wrote:
Saint76 wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:

They were shipped to me from New York..I keep hearing it might be because of the weather but I don't have a good feeling about this. I'll keep you guys posted

It's like I said in this thread about your predicament, either seller didn't ship them or else didn't pack and label them properly and they were lost.

I've shipped an almost complete front clip for a Karmann Ghia, 1/4 of the front section of a Karmann Ghia, a pair of Type 3 seats, a pair of Beetle doors, and various body parts all using Greyhound and never a problem. Everything must be wrapped properly and secure. I got the extra step of securing extra address labels, with the recipient's telephone number, to the parcel in the event any get torn or obliterated. Greyhound also generates a receipt for the shipper that has a tracking number. The seller should have forwarded that to you. If the seller didn't do any of the above, then chances aren't looking good for you.
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:
Saint76 wrote:
6Kabrio7 wrote:

It's like I said in this thread about your predicament, either seller didn't ship them or else didn't pack and label them properly and they were lost.

I've shipped an almost complete front clip for a Karmann Ghia, 1/4 of the front section of a Karmann Ghia, a pair of Type 3 seats, a pair of Beetle doors, and various body parts all using Greyhound and never a problem. Everything must be wrapped properly and secure. I got the extra step of securing extra address labels, with the recipient's telephone number, to the parcel in the event any get torn or obliterated. Greyhound also generates a receipt for the shipper that has a tracking number. The seller should have forwarded that to you. If the seller didn't do any of the above, then chances aren't looking good for you.
He gave me the tracking number and I called GH and it is in their system and was mailed the same day he told me..January 31st.
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..I've shipped doors, hoods, hatches, seats, etc etc..

Never had a problem with an item arriving using greyhound..

Usually if it's late it was my fault and I shipped it late..

Or one time I had an issue where it was broken (smashed) in transit and my contact number wasn't correct..My fault..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They finally called today and I went and picked them up..Two weeks exactly. Good news but one of the fenders I received wasn't original ugh.
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this is the right place but please be advised, ensure you retain all proper documentation when you send parcels out. I had some dishonest scumbag make a Paypal claim on me after I sent the parcel. Paypal took the money out of my account while the case was investigated. Luckily, since losing a couple of parcels in the past, I have begun taking photos and keeping all my receipts in order to prove my honesty when something unfortunately goes wrong. I sent my photos and receipts to Paypal and thankfully they ruled in my favour. I was also informed this is common practice for some dishonest buyers who files a claim after purchasing something and gets their money back and of course, the item for free!
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had my Shoebox Digifangt reader that needed to be looked at , Jim the guy who makes them wanted it back along with its cable and my ECU and my adapter box .
He E mailed me on Saturday night and I wanted to get it in the mail for Monday so I dropped it at a Fed ex shipper on Sunday and insured it for $300.00.
By Thursday it had not shown up ,so we tracked it and see that it was listed as being delivered at 10:30 ,dropped on the porch ,y guy was home until 3 and would have noticed it or heard it being delivered . It appears that Fed ex must have dropped it at the wrong address ,but insists it was properly delivered . Well they are Judge and Jury ,touch luck insurance is only for damage . Case closed ,tough cookies .
So I am out an adapter box that has $50.00 in part and about 4 hours to build and the ECU from my Van . Jim is out a new reader and cable and I had to pay him $75.00 to re wire a new ecu so that I could use the tool he replaced .
Bottom line we all lost and Fed Ex sucks . Only ship with them if a signature is required .
They over promise and under deliver .
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USPS has at least one Super Star employee!

A few weeks ago I was writing out the address on a small package. It was supposed to go to a guy in Corona CA. I guess I started to write the city and got as far as the "Cor" then got distracted. When I came back, I accidentally looked at the address for another item I needed to ship later. This item was to go to Corpus Christi TX.
So the address had the right guy's name, his street, but wrong city, state, and ZIP.
Never gonna get there, right? Nope, it got to the guy in California! A little late, but obviously a postal worker in TX did some crafty research.
Well done, USPS!
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else having issues with usps lately? I've had 2 packages with hard to replace items become "delayed". One has just been sitting in TN for over a week. No help over the phone...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had them deliver a package to the wrong zip code recently but it was the next one over so the guy went and found it.

I heard the same thing recently from another person on another Forum I visit.
(Different zip code)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricekooker wrote:
Anyone else having issues with usps lately? I've had 2 packages with hard to replace items become "delayed". One has just been sitting in TN for over a week. No help over the phone...

I just has one samba sale take 2 wks to arrive in TX, and an ebay sale not arrived after 22 days. The guy opens a dispute, then 1hr and 14 min later, ebay refunds him my money because I failed to prove shipment. You read that right, they only gave me 74 min to respond!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or are shipping rates getting out of hand? I had two bus doglegs, a half floor and some jack points shipped form Wolfsburg West in Corona to San Diego ground and it was $100! Via FedEx.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
1251alex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anybody had anything shipped to the USA from Australia?

I ordered a right hand drive conversion kit about 11 weeks ago and it still has not gotten here. I'm in california by the way. Seller said it usually takes 6-8 weeks but im starting to get worried. Seller has really good communication with me and ensures me its going to get here but like I said, im getting concerned. It was shipped by sea mail.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 weeks is a fantasy.
I find it takes 8 weeks to get stuff to the UK (closer than Aus) 9 weeks to Europe (France, Italy).
Stuff I have sent downunder is 9-11 weeks.

Incoming: Your package will enter the US at SF CA. Then US customs has their wicked way with it, sometimes playing with your parts for a week.

For more piece of mind, check the seller's feedback topic here in the Samba's feedback forum.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost package/Shipping company discussions Reply with quote

Heavy increase in greyhound package express fees as on Jan 1. Be prepared!
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost package/Shipping company discussions Reply with quote

greyhound is about $3/lb. now up to 50 lb. They still accept to 100 lbs, not sure what the price is at that level. Be careful!!!
satterley_sr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Lost package/Shipping company discussions Reply with quote

Don't leave a package on the counter at the post office without getting a receipt. Bin was full so I just left a pre-paid package on the counter like I have done many time before. Customer is asking where is my package. USPS is no help because they won't even look around to see where it is and it was not put in their system. Hoping it may yet turn up but don't have a lot of hope.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Lost package/Shipping company discussions Reply with quote

Wow, sound like another customer/crook grabbed it first.

I do that a lot and will have to make sure the worker grabs it before I walk away
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: