Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Little-known & rare campervan conversions around the Wor
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Fau Veh wrote:
NASkeet wrote:

Sadly, not everyone on the west side of the Atlantic, have heard of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden (i.e. Scandinavia),
I neber heard of those places bafore, I be from the udder side of de Atlantics Osean, we dumb. Laughing

It's more about North Americans being insular; a relatively small proportion having ever held a passport!

Wasn't it Sarah Palin (sometime governor of Alaska) and onetime vice-presedential candidate, who thought Africa was a country, rather than a continentent which incorporated several countries; many of which form part of the British Commonwealth.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:
NASkeet wrote:

Sadly, not everyone on the west side of the Atlantic, have heard of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden (i.e. Scandinavia),
I neber heard of those places bafore, I be from the udder side of de Atlantics Osean, we dumb. Laughing

It's more about North Americans being insular; a relatively small proportion having ever held a passport!

Wasn't it Sarah Palin (sometime governor of Alaska) and onetime vice-presedential candidate, who thought Africa was a country, rather than a continentent which incorporated several countries; many of which form part of the British Commonwealth.

Go insult one of the other former colonies......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Thrasher22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:
NASkeet wrote:

Very interesting thread, but for someone who goes out of their way to use such proper grammar and phrasing, you hold a very childish view. Perhaps its time you gave your passport some use?
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasher22 wrote:
NASkeet wrote:
Red Fau Veh wrote:
NASkeet wrote:

Very interesting thread, but for someone who goes out of their way to use such proper grammar and phrasing, you hold a very childish view.
Perhaps its time you gave your passport some use?

My passport has seen plenty of use on four continents over the years, including both Canada and the USA.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nigel, that's alot of traveling, makes me wonder if you are incontinent right now? Laughing
1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
Gustav_t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you misunderstood me. A lot of people do not know Denmark - and thats OK. You might know Maersk? B&O? A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! But when countries have only 5.5 million inhabitants like Denmark I don´t blame you. A lot of people think Denmark and Sweden is part of a country called Scandinavia. The truth is we have been fighting some of the bloodiest wars with each other since the beginning of time. Today we are friends though (even though Sweden stole 2/3 of our country at the last battle ha ha).

Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

G.
1967 fastback TL
1967 callooker
1972 Poba camper conversion
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gustav_t wrote:
Back to the topic.. I have just found a lot of information on POBA in a 10 page PDF. Brochures and an article from a small vintage car magazine. Can you upload a PDF or link to it here?

So glad the geography lesson is finished, I paid attention in school and have had a number of friends from Denmark so it was starting to bore me Very Happy

Send a PM to our illustrious and all powerful site administrator EverettB regarding the PDF.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
1967250s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?"
Hey, our President has visited 57 states.
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gustav_t wrote:
I think you misunderstood me. A lot of people do not know Denmark - and thats OK. You might know Maersk? B&O? A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! But when countries have only 5.5 million inhabitants like Denmark I don´t blame you. A lot of people think Denmark and Sweden is part of a country called Scandinavia. The truth is we have been fighting some of the bloodiest wars with each other since the beginning of time. Today we are friends though (even though Sweden stole 2/3 of our country at the last battle ha ha).

G.

Let us not forget the dispute between Russia and Finland, over the region of Kerrala.

The 10-page PDF about POBA sounds interesting! Very Happy

I don't suppose you've yet come across any similar information about Fixbo? I have e-mailed the Danish Camping Union several times in the past, about the May 1982 article in their "Camping" magazine, but have never received any reply! Crying or Very sad

1967250s wrote:

I think that Hawaii, is still technically British, having been invaded sometime ago, by those dastardly Americans; much as Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982! Wink

The Hawaian state flag still retains the British Union flag as part of it; much as other British overseas territories do and some British Commonwealth countries, still loyal to the British Crown.

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/blogs/hawaii_today/2008/10/21/is_that_the_flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Hawaii

Nigel A. Skeet

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gustav_t wrote:

Here it is:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/poba.php
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom Powell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NASkeet wrote:
... I think that Hawaii, is still technically British, having been invaded sometime ago, by those dastardly Americans; much as Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in 1982! Wink

The Hawaian state flag still retains the British Union flag as part of it; much as other British overseas territories do and some British Commonwealth countries, still loyal to the British Crown. ..

Yes it was the British that brought firearms, syphilis and ghonorehhea, measeles and mosquitos, pigs and goats. it was the American business men that put Queen Liluokalani in prison and called in the navy for protection.

When asked an opinion of Captain Cook my reply is "delicious"

Aloha
tp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Gustav_t wrote:

Here it is:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/lit/poba.php

Well, it was certainly worth waiting for! Smile

Nigel A. Skeet

rickycox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance someone can translate this into English please ?

Classic Volkswagen & Porsche Restoration

www.wonkydonkeyemporium.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter - www.twitter.com/thewonkydonkey
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Conquest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gustav_t wrote:
...A lot of americans come to Europe and think of it as a country with states like the US. Its not! ...

With all due respect, I'm calling bullsht. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans that don't understand that Europe is not a country, but I seriously doubt that Americans that actually travel to Europe have that notion. Certainly not "a lot".

(also, isn't that what you guys want, with your EU? lol)
Juancho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1967250s wrote:

Mad props for the Animal House reference.

Ricky Bobby: "Are you French?"
Jean Girard: “Oui.”
Ricky Bobby: ”No, we are not French. We are Americans, because we live in America.”
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: