Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

#2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hcallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

I don't know if it is the best picture of my Dune Buggy, but I know this shot is the first time it had ever been washed and waxed since I finished it a few years ago.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is a picture of where it lives.

supercharged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Nice Home! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Today was an awesome day here with tons of nice vehicles/people on the roads. My daughter and I did a 200 miles loop with a stop at my brother's place to give my nephews a little fun ride in the buggy. I took the opportunity to take a few picks of the buggy. They're kinda nice even with a bit of dust still on the buggy from the drive and the half mile gravel road leading up to my bro's house.

wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Singerdude,

Nice pics. And your car can wear that dust and dirt like a rally badge...clean the bugs off though so you can see all the smiles.
Singerdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Thanks Wythac Smile

Unlike yours, mine is a road-only sissy car, I tend to be over zealous with the microfiber towel Laughing

Yeah the bugs just thawed in the last 2-3 weeks here and they're out with a vengeance... I stopped 3 or 4 times to clean my windshield up.
chevymike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Picked this up a couple weeks back. It's an Action Roadster. Lots of fun! Razz

Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Chevymike.... That profile looks nicely balanced and a pretty color. The seating looks more comfortable than most too. Looks a good find. Have fun.

Jim
Manx #2614
Snakedaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

We found a cool mud hole on my friends ranch! Very Happy
PaulN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Roadside North Shore LI.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

This past weekend at the Manx Club's Manx In The Middle event. Taken across the river from Saint Louis MO.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

God Bless 'Murrica, German engineering, and Joe's composition skills!!
SoCal67Volks Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

My new favorite pic after the new chassis and suspension finally achieving the stance I was after.

"Making a car look complicated is easy, making it look simple is hard." John Buttera
Nick2k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Dan_Lorenze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Joe100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Here's mine.
Rick qc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Hello from Quebec,Canada ! Very Happy

Here's my newly acquired buggy:

I always liked custom vehicules so i've been looking at these buggies for a while and decided now is the time. Laughing

I thought this would be a lot of fun during the warm summer days and fortunately the past 16 days have been very warm and sunny over here so i had the chance to try it out before fall season and the much cooler temperatures.

I am the 3rd or 4th ownwer ? i do not have the complete history of the build but it's been purchased complete but disassembled by the previous owner who put it back together about 10 years ago,then sold it and bought it back again 1 year ago and sold it again... to ME this time ! Very Happy

Apart from the dash and the location of the fuel filler cap,it pretty much resembles a Manx !! I was told the body is a "nostalgia". Maybe from Acme ??
http://www.acmecarco.com/berrien-buggy/fiberglassbuggies/dune-buggies/nostalgia

It is based on a '74 bug,the only non VW mechanical part is the Weber carb.
The motor runs good apart from a slight hesitation at very low revs on acceleration.

First on the "to do" list: there are some road handling issues i will have to look at and fix.. Ft. tires too wide ? too much pressure ? alignement ? swing arm bushings in back ? it tends to wander around on rougher bumpy roads and is a little tight or hard to steer, maybe the steering box adjustement has been tighened to much to compensate for some loose ?

Second will be to replace the cool but un-comfortable racing seats. I already located a pair of Jetta seats for free and i will fabricate custom mounting brackets. This will give me some much needed comfort a hopefully more head room when the top is on, i am rather tall. Wink

I plan on changing the wheels and tires (currently 10 in. with 275/60's in the rear and 8 in. with 255/60's in front) i'll stay with the same dimensions in the rear but will probably go for 4.5 in. on 155/80's in front.
I'm undecided on the wheel model ?? 5 slots..Torq Thrust D's..Center Lines.. Cragar SS ?? They are all cool !! i have all winter to think about it ! Laughing

Another item that will be replaced is that Harley sounding exhaust. It's got a real nice sound but is loud as hell... plus i read that a 4 into 1 will get me back a little bit of torque and a few hp while beeing more "friendly" for the neighbors and entourage so that's a big plus.

I like the color and those cool '66 bug tail lights and front turn signals. It's got a GM tilt steering column and the short throw shift mod. The blue LED lights under the fenders are really cool at night.

It gets a lot of "smiles per miles" and also many miles per gallon of gas, we all know how crazy the price of gasoline is nowadays,,,especially here in my region where they can decide the raise the price by 10 c. / liter any time they please...GRRR Rolling Eyes

So i'm really excited to start working on it during the winter and plan to ride the heck out of it next summer and meet other buggy enthousiasts along the way. Smile Smile Smile
Cammie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

"Mac Buggy" Finland summertime Smile
gtifrank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: My Caged California Clipper Reply with quote

Wanted one for about 40 years now, finally got one. My recently acquired California Clipper...

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Fall splendor.

Cammie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: #2000 - Let's see your Best Dune Buggy Picture Reply with quote

Same buggy different season.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Jump to:
Page 38 of 43

Jump to: