Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Caravan to Dover, DE Aug 5
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Caravan to Dover, DE Aug 5 Reply with quote

I'll be coming down 52 to 141, then to 13. Meeting up with Ramon at the McDonalds at 273 and 13, just past the Newcastle Airport. We should be there 7:45-8:00 and leave no later than 8:30 or so. Weather permitting, who's coming along?

Rick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me, or did the original dover thread get deleted? can't seem to find it...

i was thinking of just coming down 476 to 95, but maybe i'll cruise down with your guys...i have no idea where 52, 141, and 273 are though...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty easy Brian - just head down 202 like you're heading for work - take 95 south through Wilmington, and 141 is about 4 exits past MLK Blvd. Take 141 south and you'll be right next to the Newcastle Airport National Guard unit - Rt 13 is the next major intersection.
You should have my phone - if you don't, PM me.

Rick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
It's pretty easy Brian - just head down 202 like you're heading for work - take 95 south through Wilmington, and 141 is about 4 exits past MLK Blvd. Take 141 south and you'll be right next to the Newcastle Airport National Guard unit - Rt 13 is the next major intersection.
You should have my phone - if you don't, PM me.

Rick

oh, excellent! that'll work! thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cruzan_71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Hey guys thats a great idea. We can meet @ McDonalds on rt.13. At the intersection of 273 & 13. What time might y'all think it's good to meet? Maybe the guys from SJVWC, CJVWC, Busses and Babes, or anybody that might want to meet up and roll together to the show is welcome to roll...... Wink VW Logo VW Logo VW Logo
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda been a great idea Ramon - it was yours anyway Laughing
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i think chris, rick, matt and a few others are going to meet up there too since that's a semi-central location for everybody.

maybe the west chester crew will cruise down too, we can just pick up more and more vws along the way! Cool
CalLookVdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to take rt 41 to rt 141 to 13. If the amish kid is going I'll probably pick him up along the way. Not sure if my pops is going. If he does hopefully both my cars will be going down to dover.

here's the original thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212777
'67 Squareback
'68 Sunroof beetle - 1st bug, bought back
'70 Bay window deluxe
'71 Bay window
-----------------------------------
'14 Jetta SE 1.8T
Erick 63 Vroom Vroom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: car show dever Reply with quote

HEy; sound like a realy good idea me and two other cars will be there within minutes Red Bug
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does 41 pick up 141, Chris? I thought I knew that road pretty well...

Oops, nevermind. I forgot it comes it right above 4 in Delaware!
CalLookVdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 days until we cruise.
'67 Squareback
'70 Bay window deluxe
'71 Bay window
'14 Jetta SE 1.8T
newtownhood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...I'm coming from Bucks County, anybody else coming from my direction?
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey chris, you want to meet up somewhere then meet those guys and all cruise together?

if not, rick, do you have an address of this place so i can google it?
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,, it's : Dover Volkswagen - 1387 N Dupont Hwy #764, Dover, DE 19901
Strictly VW’s - Email: [email protected]
See the other 'Dover' thread here in the forums for more info.

I'm out of this one this time around, though. I've got my car up for sale, and probably some people to come see it through the weekend. Hopefully you guys will have decent weather. Keep an eye on that cold front stalling to the south Saturday night!

Rick
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cruzan_71 wrote:
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Hey guys thats a great idea. We can meet @ McDonalds on rt.13. At the intersection of 273 & 13. What time might y'all think it's good to meet? Maybe the guys from SJVWC, CJVWC, Busses and Babes, or anybody that might want to meet up and roll together to the show is welcome to roll...... Wink VW Logo VW Logo VW Logo

what time are you guys meeting there?
Erick 63 Vroom Vroom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: CARAVAN TO DOVER Reply with quote

Hey, I am going to do a show for next year at the Blue Diamond park which is located in new castle Right of 13, we are going to do a hot rod & all VW show. If any body wants to check the place out we can stop by on are way back..... it's a really nice place for fam and it's fun. Very Happy so check us next year we're going to go all the way. We just need you there to represent for all VWs out there. we will give a date soon Dancing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CalLookVdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: cruise to dover Reply with quote

So, we all going to meet at the McDonalds@ 273 and 13 in Delaware.@ 8am.

Brian- We can meet up right off of 202 in West Chester. Gonna meet up with Jordan with his 63 around the High Street/WCUniversity exit on the south side of West Chester. Not sure what time or exactly where just yet.
'67 Squareback
'70 Bay window deluxe
'71 Bay window
'14 Jetta SE 1.8T
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-assembled the bus after Permatexing the rust under the driver's seat. Matt and I will meet y'all at 273 & 13 at 8AM, we'll have lot's of bug stuff to sell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: cruise to dover Reply with quote

CalLookVdub wrote:
So, we all going to meet at the McDonalds@ 273 and 13 in Delaware.@ 8am.

Brian- We can meet up right off of 202 in West Chester. Gonna meet up with Jordan with his 63 around the High Street/WCUniversity exit on the south side of West Chester. Not sure what time or exactly where just yet.

tomorrow at 7am at mcdonalds. then we'll meet up with the gang at 273/13 at 8am.

see you there!
'55oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we blew by you guys this morning, seems like I'm the only one who knew about the meeting place. We'll try again next time.
Embarassed Embarassed Steveo sjvwc.net
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: