Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

Jason37 wrote:
How many yards does it take to reproduce a stock interior? Don’t want to order more than my fair share leaving others without.
The old threads say 3 - 4 yards

Honestly, since your car isnt stock, I would use something similar but readily available. Houndstooth or similar
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Jason37 wrote:
How many yards does it take to reproduce a stock interior? Don’t want to order more than my fair share leaving others without.
The old threads say 3 - 4 yards

Honestly, since your car isnt stock, I would use something similar but readily available. Houndstooth or similar

Thanks! My car already has a houndstooth interior, but the drivers seats padding is breaking down and it’s becoming apparent there are springs there! I have collected all the parts to return to stock some day in the future (brakes, wheels, steering wheel and shifter), but the interior has always been the remaining piece of the puzzle.

Here is the current interior.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:
Reproduced Salt and Pepper Interior in my Notch

Who reproduced that one, buddy?

I’ve got a couple of other quick questions as I’m in the process of ordering my fabric for my ‘63. First, On the rear door cards is the black pieces the same as the front door cards where they are separate pieces (armrests and wraparound dash door pieces)? Second, on the rear deck just below the rear window, what kind of material and what color should that have been on a Notchback with the salt and pepper interior?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joel55bug wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:

I’ve got a couple of other quick questions as I’m in the process of ordering my fabric for my ‘63. First, On the rear door cards is the black pieces the same as the front door cards where they are separate pieces (armrests and wraparound dash door pieces)? Second, on the rear deck just below the rear window, what kind of material and what color should that have been on a Notchback with the salt and pepper interior?

If you are referring of the vinyl
Is Silver Being Vinyl and SMS
Have it in STOCK too

The Correct piping that I Have in STOCK
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:

Have it in STOCK too

I’m actually referring to the black accents on the back side panel. My question is are those black pieces on the back side panels like the door card where it’s the armrest and that trim piece for the top of the door panel. Are they separate pieces or actually part of the side panels in the rear?

I might need to order some of that piping from you.
pedro sainz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joel55bug wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:

Have it in STOCK too

I’m actually referring to the black accents on the back side panel. My question is are those black pieces on the back side panels like the door card where it’s the armrest and that trim piece for the top of the door panel. Are they separate pieces or actually part of the side panels in the rear?

All early They are Separate pieces
Top Panel
Armrest and
Bottom panel

Except for the N models
N.O.N.A member #3
The Truth is Out There
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:

Have it in STOCK too

Top Panel
Armrest and
Bottom panel

Except for the N models

So if it is an N model how should the rear panels look?
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joel55bug wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:
joel55bug wrote:
DONGKG wrote:
Gizmobob wrote:

Have it in STOCK too

Top Panel
Armrest and
Bottom panel

Except for the N models

You might have to zoom in on the picture but can someone tell me for certain if my car is supposed to be equipped with the same style rear panels as pictured above?

squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joel55bug wrote:
pedro sainz wrote:

Except for the N models

N-models were one piece. From the gallery:

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joel55bug wrote:
can someone tell me for certain if my car is supposed to be equipped with the same style rear panels as pictured above?

Yup yup. You should have upper trim, upper panel, armrest, and lower panel like Pedro mentioned.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

Thank you guys for all your help, much appreciated.
daos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

any info at all on my question below, anyone know anything about sourcing this material:

daos wrote:
need some help identifying my interior cloth. fastback, model year 69 with high backed seats. exterior colour is L90C.

can't find what's in my car in the colour combo archive page, there are no photos for that year. the cloth is named '22 Platimum Grid 69'.

using my spectacular powers of deduction i'm guessing that's what's in my car, can anyone confirm? here's a pic of a non faded part under the seat back:

next fun part will be trying to source cloth. searched the interwebs, no luck so far. at this point i'm considering one of the ubiquitous beetle fabrics, or a non vw upholstery cloth. vinyl is not an option for me.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

daos wrote:
any info at all on my question below, anyone know anything about sourcing this material:

daos wrote:
need some help identifying my interior cloth. fastback, model year 69 with high backed seats. exterior colour is L90C.

can't find what's in my car in the colour combo archive page, there are no photos for that year. the cloth is named '22 Platimum Grid 69'.

using my spectacular powers of deduction i'm guessing that's what's in my car, can anyone confirm? here's a pic of a non faded part under the seat back:

next fun part will be trying to source cloth. searched the interwebs, no luck so far. at this point i'm considering one of the ubiquitous beetle fabrics, or a non vw upholstery cloth. vinyl is not an option for me.

ask Marcus :

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2261753
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

1964 RHD 1500S

Interior that came with it.
Red cord seats

Z doors with stitched S/P and wrap around dash.

Been told it’s incorrect, but it was a showroom car for many years then was sold with a 63 to a farmer where it sat for longer than the farmer could remember. One day I’ll get the birth certificate to hopefully confirm that’s it’s correct.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

Definitely strange, I've never seen a salt & pepper interior in a '64 or with a red interior.
It's always to match the salt & pepper seat covers
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Definitely strange, I've never seen a salt & pepper interior in a '64 or with a red interior.

Everett, I had a chat with one of the guys who worked at the dealership and he even vaguely recalls it with the red interior in it also, but he hadn’t seen it since the 70s and bought it had been scrapped. Been a German import they should hopefully have more information on the certificate
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Everett, I had a chat with one of the guys who worked at the dealership and he even vaguely recalls it with the red interior in it also, but he hadn’t seen it since the 70s and bought it had been scrapped. Been a German import they should hopefully have more information on the certificate

I think my text might have been confusing, I meant I've never seen salt and pepper door panels with seats that didn't match.

The "red cord" seats were a factory selection for a Black '64 so I believe those are probably stock and correct.

Are the rear seat lower door panels salt and pepper too?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
D-train wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I think my text might have been confusing, I meant I've never seen salt and pepper door panels with seats that didn't match.

The "red cord" seats were a factory selection for a Black '64 so I believe those are probably stock and correct.

Are the rear seat lower door panels salt and pepper too?

I understand what you said, that’s why it’s strange. The rears are missing/rat eaten/deteriorated, but I got a set of the printed S&P panels and seats with it that was in the 63.
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

I know it’s a little off topic but I was hoping that maybe someone following this thread could help me find a good source for seat pads, horse hair is highly preferred but I’m also aware that this might be a long shot. To be clear my passenger and rear seats are in great condition and with good material as well. So my goal is to try and get my drivers seat to match as closely as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.
lawn ninja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Guide to Original Type 3 Interior, Post 'em Reply with quote

Doesn't ISPWest have them or are they sold out?

My 64 1500 S Notchback project here
My 58 sedan project here
My 63 Ghia here
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: