Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

Thanks for reading about my First World issue Very Happy

On iPadOS 14.6 with Firefox 34 or the included Safari, the newest reply icon does not show up next to unread threads anymore. Works fine in Firefox 89 (desktop). Link to resource below.

If I can provide anything else to assist (dev tools data, logs, etc), let me know. I'm far from an expert, but I am guessing it could be a WebKit issue? I will check on a MacOS desktop system and report back if I have a different result.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_newest_reply.gif
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

Only that image?

It must be some issue with that OS or you in particular as there is nothing special about that particular image.

Weird...

Hopefully someone else can confirm if it's an issue on their device too or just something particular with you.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

Yes, just that image! The most important aspect is that it's also a link that I use to take me to unread posts since my last session.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

You can click the larger image (also green) non the far left too.

I typically use that now as it's easier to click on since it's bigger
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

I'm testing with a phone instead of an ipad, but with iOS 14.6, Firefox 34.0 (4920), I DO see the "view newest post" icon:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

kpf wrote:
I'm testing with a phone instead of an ipad, but with iOS 14.6, Firefox 34.0 (4920), I DO see the "view newest post" icon:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thank you for that. I can also confirm that I don't see it with MacOS 10.15.7 & Firefox 89.0 also. I will continue testing on iPadOS...this is a critical issue! Very Happy
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Newest Reply Icon Missing on iPadOS Reply with quote

Well, I am embarrassed to admit that it was a very simple mistake…I was not logged in!

I don’t know how I got logged out (I checked the box to stay logged in), but I appreciate everyone’s time attempting to help me out.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: