Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for this Michigan Bus!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Looking for this Michigan Bus! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Greg Noble took these shots at the 2004 Michigan Bug-Out. I'm wondering if anybody knows where this bus is and if it is still intact/around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58doubledoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember it being for sale on here maybe 2003/2004 from someone in Howell Michigan. Good luck
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got that fancy swivelseat rear window you guys like so much.
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
It's got that fancy swivelseat rear window you guys like so much.

you know what that means.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, Nick!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't the bus in "electraglide in blue" have one of those windows?
nick, i know you want it for the fiberglas scoops.[/img]

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dayum i remember that being for sale on here too.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that bus well.

Rich also known as ricoman on the samba from Cleveland Ohio at the time owned that bus (he now resided in CA and owns that Judson lowered BD panel). Anyway Rich asked me to come do an estimate on it for a restore years back. I told him the bus was ##ucked bad and to sell it. Which he did and it has bounced around since and here is the reason why.

The story is the bus was rear ended HARD by something HUGE like a truck or semi. It was fixed per 1979 Maaco Standards with a port-a-push, lots of bondo and cheap paint. The van has damage from the accident that shows all the way up to the rear wheel wells. The entire rear quarter of the van is tweaked badly. Someone in the past made the bus "presentable" after the accident but did not fix the damage.

If you find this bus and want to buy it I urge you to look at the bus in person and take a body man with you if you do not trust your own judgement.

Hopefully this will save someone loads of cash and headaches...best I could say is drive it as-is.
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricobuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Location... Reply with quote

Todd, I already spoke to Nick today about the bus, thus why he is looking for it. I never kept any M Code records on it sadly. I know the guy I sold it to immediately tried selling it. I do not recall the back end being that bad, it is crusty underneath but that is typical of a midwest bus.

Any help in locating it for Nick would be helpful.

Later.
Rich
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

ricobuggy wrote:
Todd, I already spoke to Nick today about the bus, thus why he is looking for it. I never kept any M Code records on it sadly. I know the guy I sold it to immediately tried selling it. I do not recall the back end being that bad, it is crusty underneath but that is typical of a midwest bus.

Later.
Rich

Oh it was bad, your memory must be slipping or you want to cover your arse somehow? Laughing just kidding...I do not want to get you in hot water but I recall you had no intentions of selling it until after I checked it out, said I would not touch it and my recomendation is to dump it. You are not a body man by any means either, correct?

I gain ZERO by bringing this up...just want to let folks know BECAREFUL with this bus!

I do this type work for a living, take a look at the work I did on my `62 flipseat, I do know a thing or two of what I speak. If it makes folks upset me saying these things, I appologize.
Please go ahead and buy the bus and disregard all I have said it will not effect me either way.

Good luck
Samba Member #95
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how fucked the bus is, I just want to know where it is. Those scoops are bitchin', I'd really like to add them to my collection.

Funky ass rear window mafia?

Last edited by Touch Nicks Thing on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

bastardbus wrote:
ricobuggy wrote:

Later.
Rich

Oh it was bad, your memory must be slipping or you want to cover your arse somehow? Laughing just kidding...I do not want to get you in hot water but I recall you had no intentions of selling it until after I checked it out, said I would not touch it and my recomendation is to dump it. You are not a body man by any means either, correct?

I gain ZERO by bringing this up...just want to let folks know BECAREFUL with this bus!

I do this type work for a living, take a look at the work I did on my `62 flipseat, I do know a thing or two of what I speak. If it makes folks upset me saying these things, I appologize.
Please go ahead and buy the bus and disregard all I have said it will not effect me either way.

Good luck

on certain model buses, you have to have lower standards. jDOTs first swivelseat i'm certain he never would have bought because of the condition if it wasn't a swivelseat. skimbo-sauris-rex's deluxe would have never been touched if it was a late model.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
I don't care how fucked the bus is, I just want to know where it is. Those scoops are bitchin', I'd really like to add them to my collection.

Funky ass rear window mafia?

ah... the scoop collection.

I saw this bitchin' bus ten years ago, it's liscence plate was "UNRULEE" I think a 59ish panel or panel camper with fully molded in air scoops that stuck out on the sides... they were on their way to Canada or something.

Sorry, no pics.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoops are the next Hursts. thought you all knew?
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
on certain model buses, you have to have lower standards. jDOTs first swivelseat i'm certain he never would have bought because of the condition if it wasn't a swivelseat. skimbo-sauris-rex's deluxe would have never been touched if it was a late model.

Lower away... Laughing

I understand your point, been there done that if you now about the `62 westy I just finished...

As I mentioned I was merely informing interested buyers of potential problems with this bus. I recall when you were first on the Samba you posted quite an ordeal being burned with one of the first buses you bought if I remeber correctly...?

A BD deluxe is a beast of another color...I would never compare
the two of those. The actual numbers manufactured may not be much different between the two but public demand is a bigger factor in value.
I would die to have a BD Deluxe as would 99% of others in the bus world...but I would not fart on a swivel seat panel if it needed the gas to survive.
Samba Member #95
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

[quote="bastardbus"]
UZI wrote:
on certain model buses, you have to have lower standards. jDOTs first swivelseat i'm certain he never would have bought because of the condition if it wasn't a swivelseat. /quote]

...but I would not fart on a swivel seat panel if it needed the gas to survive.

Thats why I bought the crusty DD Swivel seat panel, lot of work but it did have the seat and funky repaint and logo's to boot. Plus is was a 1960
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

bastardbus wrote:
I would not fart on a swivel seat panel if it needed the gas to survive.

swivelseat hater. Wink

I think that Nick is interested in finding out info on that bus because it is likely one of the buses that was used by Jewel Tea. Nick already owns a Jewel Tea SS panel.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176183
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
bastardbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Location... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
bastardbus wrote:
I would not fart on a swivel seat panel if it needed the gas to survive.

swivelseat hater. Wink

Laughing

Ahhh I completely understand...I see the weird rear window and I do know the bus above had factory installed safaris I checked those out closely.

If I see or hear of it I will let folks know...I am in the area it was last seen.
Samba Member #95
K.Foust
Broke-Dick Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by GT37 on June 21, 2010 in the gallery:

buses 'n bikes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that girl adjusting her wedgie in the background! Laughing
UC 231 L345 628068

kombisutra wrote:
No it's not, Deluxes are the tempermental Liberaces that wear eye liner, sequins and tights. Laughing Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: