Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Draw below sink closes askew
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrytrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Draw below sink closes askew Reply with quote

My 87 Westy drawer below the sink is very loose and closes off kilter. I looked at the cabinet slides and they are bare wood at the edges, leaving space between it and the channels in the drawer.
What if any covering is on the end of the wooden channels in the cabinet?
Runners of any sort? to tighten up the space.
Sorry no pictures tonight, I will try tomorrow!
Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33889996@N00/sets/72157594533681857/
JUST SOLD HER, WESTYLESS!
Good by cruel world!
spitsnrovers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice no replies to your query.
I looked at my drawer tonight, and indeed the tracks are simply plywood, however the top edge is finished in a hard substance like melamine or formica to reduce wear.

There should be NO wear on the edges of the plywood as the drawer track is plastic.

As your drawer is crooked, I'd say check the level of the two runners in the cabinet - are they the same height?

Sorry no other suggestions.

I want to take my drawer apart and make a new back and base to get rid of that cutout for the sink drain. We never use the sink, but could use the drawer space. Any suggestions there? The drawer appears to be plastic glued together with no way to remove the front panel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: