Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VISURIT or SEKURIT?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreasg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: VISURIT or SEKURIT? Reply with quote

The front Windshield glass on my April 1955 marked with VISURIT big logo.All other glass marked with SEKURIT big logo.When i restored the car and i remove the glass not look replace before.

It's correct the front glass on my car??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These may help:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143798

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169971

*October '54 Ragtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andreasg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V0LKSWAGENSRULE wrote:
These may help:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143798

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169971

Thanks Dave but if VISURIT is made also glass for VW why only front glass we found with that logo and no other side?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VISURIT or SEKURIT ??? Reply with quote

andreasg wrote:
The front Windshield glass on my April 1955 marked with VISURIT big logo.All other glass marked with SEKURIT big logo.When i restored the car and i remove the glass not look replace before.

It's correct the front glass on my car??

Yes I think it's correct if the car was originally sent to a country that required safety (laminated) glass like the USA and Canada. German cars got SEKURIT all the way around, but in markets where safety glass windshields were required VW substituted VISURIT, SIGLA, etc which was laminated (that's why it turns white and milky with age) vs the SEKURIT which was tempered glass (shatters into pieces).

Only the windshield was different though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spectre6000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Sorry, old thread, looking for info though and not finding it).

This is not entirely true. I just took a tempered (not laminated) Visurit windshield off my '57 German market Ghia...

-'58 German Market Deluxe Beetle (in progress)
-'84 M1009 CUCV
-'81 K10
"Buy the best, cry once." -Gene Berg
"A cheap man will always buy the cheapest thing available, and then buys another one hoping for a better result, and then spends the rest of his life in misery complaining about it. A thrifty man will buy a good part once and never think about it again." -RockCrusher
"Don't feed the Shitty Parts Monster!" -Me
nr 11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: VISURIT or SEKURIT? Reply with quote

And I just bought today a Visurit Duro glas oval windshield in Hannover Germany.
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VISURIT or SEKURIT? Reply with quote

Interesting, but the original statement above still holds true. Some countries required laminated glass for the windshield but nothing specific about the other glass pieces. Other countries had no specific requirements at all.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: