Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dutchboyvw - Mike Johnson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: dutchboyvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 24, 2024
betsybug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Mike, pls get back to me Reply with quote

Hi Mike

If you are reading this, can you get back to me on the status of my recent order? I have emailed you a couple of times but no joy. Sad If you can get back to me, that will be great.

Thanks
Jeannie
mark_joseph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@betsy maybe mike is just too busy. he is very busy in his shop. i went there last week and he is cutting off a 64 bug. he is a good guy Smile you can count on him Smile
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slowtwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike had a set of baja cut oval fenders for sale. I only needed the headlight buckets. He cut out the buckets nicely and sent them out. Saving me major shipping fees. Good deal.... thanks Mike Very Happy
gotriceboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: From $5 to $10 to $15... gone? Reply with quote

Started back on 12/24 when I inquired on this ad.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=879739

I was interested in purchasing the horn pictured on the left (the re-buildable one). He replied back on 12/25 with “no paypal cash check p-o m-o total $10”. So I sent him a $10 check and received the another horn pictured (non re-buildable) on 1/8. Tested the horn and did not work. So I contact him on 1/10 to advise. He responded and instructed me to send it back for another one. Spent the $5 to ship back to him. Waited and inquired on 1/16 regarding the replacement. Got this response on 1/17, “got it will check it get back 2 you”. Waited and inquired on 2/5. Got this response on 2/5, “sending out on Monday”. Waited and inquired on 2/18. Got this response, “send me an address for a refund”. Emailed him my address. Waited and inquired on 2/26 & then today 3/9, still waiting.

To be continued...
Offy 220
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Early front apron Reply with quote

Purchased an early front apron from Mike. Great communications and he worked with me to pick up the apron from him. Very Happy
1low55vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a set of heater channels from Mike.
He shipped them to me all the way across the country !!!

Thank,s Mike

99 Volvo S80
66 F-100 Ford Truck
haydoneous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great transaction. VERY reasonable shipping and product price. Gas tank just as described!!
-Matt
yancyholden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased heater channels, a rear clip and parcel shelf from Mike. Every time he returned my phone calls promptly and called me with the GLI numbers as soon as he shipped. His prices helped keep my project from running way out of budget and I would recommend any one that is restoring a car to call him before buying after market. You just can't beat welding in original German.
Thank you again, Mike.
gotriceboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: From $5 to $10 to $15... gone? Reply with quote

gotriceboy wrote:
Started back on 12/24 when I inquired on this ad.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=879739

I was interested in purchasing the horn pictured on the left (the re-buildable one). He replied back on 12/25 with “no paypal cash check p-o m-o total $10”. So I sent him a $10 check and received the another horn pictured (non re-buildable) on 1/8. Tested the horn and did not work. So I contact him on 1/10 to advise. He responded and instructed me to send it back for another one. Spent the $5 to ship back to him. Waited and inquired on 1/16 regarding the replacement. Got this response on 1/17, “got it will check it get back 2 you”. Waited and inquired on 2/5. Got this response on 2/5, “sending out on Monday”. Waited and inquired on 2/18. Got this response, “send me an address for a refund”. Emailed him my address. Waited and inquired on 2/26 & then today 3/9, still waiting.

To be continued...

*****UPDATE**** He finally sent a working replacement and I received it last month. All is good. Thanks. Oh and he also refunded me $10 to boot. A+ in my book.

Last edited by gotriceboy on Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
freshfrank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I don't know many people that would be as helpful as you. Your knowledge is amazing when it comes to VW's. You are extremely fair and that is hard to come by these days. Thank you again.
willie100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some heater channels about a month ago and still have not recieved them. I have called several time and you have personally said that you would get them to the greyhound station and shipped out to me. I have yet to hear from you on this. Please ship out my heater channels or send me back my money.
willie100
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the heater channels today ... thanks
Hellbilly04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove down to look at a front clip he had & wasn't happy with it so he said he would find another one for me. He called me back about 3 hours later & said he found me perfect front clip for the same money. Will be buying more parts from him for sure thanks again Mike for hooking me up!
flyertim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: heater channels Reply with quote

first off...i received the heater channels and all's well.

communication was great until i sent the money. first email was august 21st. i sent money via paypal on august 23rd. usually takes three days for greyhound to get parts from california to ohio. didn't hear anything all week....but the ad was taken down so i figured it may have taken a couple of days to get the parts to greyhound. would have been nice to get an email stating they shipped. i had to borrow a truck, so i wanted to know when to expect the parts. emailed on monday to ask if they shipped. still no response. copied down the cell phone number. i was gonna call wednesday eve to see if they shipped when i received a phone call from greyhound that i have a package at the terminal.

heater channels arrived safe and sound and were in great condition as described. i wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again. my only complaint is the lack of communication after i sent the money.

my '57 rebuild:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369883
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Livin'LaVdubLoca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just got a set of heater channels from Michael. Got here safe and sound via Greyhound.

Recommended.

My '67 Type 1 Project

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a bus engine lid, part was better than expected, price was fair, shipping was fair, thanks Michael
HippyBugDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: I'm not feeling the love Reply with quote

Sent $59 cashier's check on Oct 12th for 2 bug footrests, 1 speedo, and 1 gas guage. I sent a couple e-mails and he said on Wed Oct 27th stuff would be sent out Friday (Oct 29th).

It's Nov 6th and still no package and no more replies Shocked. He's been a member here since 2003 and has a lot of good feedback. I understand small shops get behind. I just need to know if I'm going to get the parts or if I need to get them somewhere else. If so, just let me know and send me a refund.

I've got 2 bugs and need plenty of parts. Would like to do more business.

I'm patient, but I'm not feeling the love Crying or Very sad
HippyBugDude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Michael made everything right. After a mishap by the post office that was completely out of his control, we talked on the phone and I received everything. Super nice guy. Very Happy
Jerry Hundley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all I can say is his communication skills fucking suck!!!!! When someone emails you EMAIL THEM BACK!!!!!

Because Stock Sucks!!!!
70 baywindow deluxe
65 slammed bug
69 bug
64 drag buggy
hunza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a pair of headlights from him. They arrived but I wasn't too happy with what I got. Seller contacted me on phone to set matters straight and offered to send another pair per my requirements. I have to admit I wasn't expecting customer service of this standard. Matter resolved and I placed an order for an H apron fully confident that I am dealing with a businessman with ethics.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: