Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Filler Cap Decal
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
90Doka_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Filler Cap Decal Reply with quote

Well, i tried searching the forums and came up with zilch. My van is in the paint shop for a couple weeks getting a much needed paint job. I realized that the decal by the filler cap would probably not make it out alive, as they are stripping the body of absolutely everything. This makes me a little sad on the inside every time i think about it because it adds a nice touch of genuine Germany to the van. So my question is, does anybody know of where i can get this decal if its still available. I tried looking all over the net and got nowhere.

The Decal
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Also, there was a little bit of cancer around the front and rear windows. Nothing that looked too serious. When i stopped by the shop to see how things were going, he pointed out to me how bad the rust really was.

The only visible rust in the rear window.

Thats rust under the window seal. It doesn't look too bad from the picture, but it runs like that all along where the seal was seated. I am afraid to look when he gets the front windshield out. It has much more visible rust. Just a heads up to keep an eye on the rust around the seals. It really does some damage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.gowesty.com
Camper decal package

Last edited by mightyart on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoWesty! has some of the camping decals, but I did not see the gas one for my Vanagon (84).

I'm interested in this too, as my van goes for paint this Tuesday, and the painter is going to be sandblasting most areas down to metal (seams) and sanding other areas, and I expect that the decals will be gone on mine too.

Like you, I'd like to keep the originality the same too, right down to the decals. I hope someone comes up with a good source to by these. Next to the gas door are some other decals that are a larger square type, and have some sort of camping information (too faded to make out). They are not propane decals though. There are 3 altogether; one is the gas, and the other 2 are ???

Past VW drives: 1967 Beetle, 1973 Beetle, 1977 Bus, 1971 Military Type 181
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: