Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone Repro 55 and earlier horn buttons
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Anyone Repro 55 and earlier horn buttons Reply with quote

Anyone doing the 55 and earlier style horn buttons? I see Gary is doing some of the centers currently for the "Home Market" etc. But what about the outter casting with the grooves

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

or if anyone has one for sale....at a reasonable price.
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM/e-mail me, I might have one....

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will release this version horn button housing by mid October. We already produce the earlier 49-50 version (no relief ring embossment details). Housings and buttons for the 3 spoke standard wheels will be available in December, fyi.

Gary
chipmcluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. coulda used those about 6 months ago. The originals i bought set me back a few.
horatiocaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: repro horn buttons Reply with quote

dam my nos one is worthless now, at least I sold the original batwing horn ring before they got killed too!
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: repro horn buttons Reply with quote

horatiocaine wrote:
dam my nos one is worthless now, at least I sold the original batwing horn ring before they got killed too!

Quit complaining. You already sold it to me. Very Happy
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: repro horn buttons Reply with quote

horatiocaine wrote:

Wow, worthless really? hmm, our 49-50 housing and ivory button are @$165 each complete? The 51-55 housing only will be under $85, the internals and bezel another $70, and the castle crest buttons are $140 (expensive to make), so at near $300 complete for a reproduction, how much out of curiousity is an NOS button/housing supposed to be worth these days? Am I instead guilty yet again of pushing up the price of originals? Razz Actually these parts are rather unusual for us to produce, they weren't made/priced to sell into the general replacement market, the parts were made to help restore broken horn buttons when needed.

Similar deal on the batwing or pealit horn rings, even though we produce a nice reproduction of either for @$1K, the originals still sell for at least $3K+ (ask me since I just sold one of my extra original batwings for over that). Maybe I'm missing something but unless the apocalypse occurs, og parts and accessories are only going up in value.
Gary
chipmcluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: repro horn buttons Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
horatiocaine wrote:

Wow, worthless really? hmm, our 49-50 housing and ivory button are @$165 each complete? The 51-55 housing only will be under $85, the internals and bezel another $70, and the castle crest buttons are $140 (expensive to make), so at near $300 complete for a reproduction, how much out of curiousity is an NOS button/housing supposed to be worth these days? Am I instead guilty yet again of pushing up the price of originals? Razz Actually these parts are rather unusual for us to produce, they weren't made/priced to sell into the general replacement market, the parts were made to help restore broken horn buttons when needed.

Similar deal on the batwing or pealit horn rings, even though we produce a nice reproduction of either for @$1K, the originals still sell for at least $3K+ (ask me since I just sold one of my extra original batwings for over that). Maybe I'm missing something but unless the apocalypse occurs, og parts and accessories are only going up in value.
Gary

I only say this because I needed only the housing, and had to buy a complete assembly to get it. I haven't seen any of Brezelwerks' repos killing the og market at all.
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn, sent you pics last night, you want that one? LMK, I'll toss it up in the classifieds if not......

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
Yustrn, sent you pics last night, you want that one? LMK, I'll toss it up in the classifieds if not......

I'm awaiting 1 e-mail then I'll let you know.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Repro 55 and earlier horn buttons Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:

If it's $300 for a repro of this button, that is more than every NOS one I have ever bought. I have seen used ones in the $200 range at shows but they always seem to be there at the end of the day.

It may be in line with the values on the earlier buttons.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
twinwindows
Samba Pimp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: repro horn buttons Reply with quote

horatiocaine wrote:

It was worthless once YOU bought it.

Gary you know I`m waiting for the one we talked about, Eric I got an NOS if you need it, Just the castle part. If anyone is looking for a complete NOS one LMK also.
CHRISTINE
GFK LIFER!

myzamboni wrote:
Yeah, everyone's now doing it GFK style . . . everythinig is covert until the finished product is revealed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
horatiocaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least its worthless in my own house not my mommy and daddys house
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone Repro 55 and earlier horn buttons Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Yustrn wrote:

If it's $300 for a repro of this button, that is more than every NOS one I have ever bought. I have seen used ones in the $200 range at shows but they always seem to be there at the end of the day.

It may be in line with the values on the earlier buttons.

I've sold several for over $300. Gary is correct.
horatiocaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: gary's parts Reply with quote

my comment was actually a compliment to gary's work, his parts are so nice nobody can tell the difference from an original. if i wanted another batwing horn ring i would run one of gary's.
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 2 NOS ones last year for $200 each and bought a really nice one at Kelley Park this year for $160. All these were the later replacement buttons or 54-55 style. The split bug ones are more detailed and those are really hard to find.
vdubinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggen wrote:
I bought 2 NOS ones last year for $200 each and bought a really nice one at Kelley Park this year for $160. All these were the later replacement buttons or 54-55 style. The split bug ones are more detailed and those are really hard to find.

I agree also within Buggen I also have purchased really nice 54-55 stlye horn buttons for around $150 at alot of swaps Exclamation
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggen wrote:

It's the Zwitter and early oval buttons that are the detailed ones........the "split" buttons are really plain and simple. Wink
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
buggen wrote:

It's the Zwitter and early oval buttons that are the detailed ones........the "split" buttons are really plain and simple. Wink

Ahhh, 52 split with split dash would have the detailed button.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggen wrote:
53 0val wrote:
buggen wrote:

Ahhh, 52 split with split dash would have the detailed button.

No........

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=354524
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: