Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

For Anyone who knew or ever dealt with Bob Costa Enterprises
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: For Anyone who knew or ever dealt with Bob Costa Enterprises Reply with quote

Bob Costa from Bob Costa Enterprises died Saturday morning in his sleep.

Bob was my VW guru, parts supplier, and great friend since 1979, and I will miss him immensely!

I am sure many of you out there have dealt with Bob and Linda, either at their shop or at the Cali shows he always attended. Keep Linda and their son Beau in your prayers!

Goodbye Bob! My heart is broken I will not be able see to you, chat and joke with you, and plan the dreams together we had spoke of.

God Speed, Bob! You will always be in my heart, and I will cherish our memories together!

Brian Lewis, Taos NM
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I've know Bob for several years. He was wonderful for this hobby. He will truly be missed. Sad
twinwindows
Samba Pimp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend is gone.... Crying or Very sad
CHRISTINE
GFK LIFER!

myzamboni wrote:
Yeah, everyone's now doing it GFK style . . . everythinig is covert until the finished product is revealed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stopped by The Butcher Shop on my way home to Nor Cal and George told me the bad news....

Another good guy is gone.

My prayers to his family.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
beetleboy58
Samba Conquestador

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a blow....I bought stuff from them before....always seemed really nice.
Oldnslow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Bob for many years and this comes as a big shock. I basically built my '65 resto looker at his old shop on San Fernando Road in Glendale back in the early to mid eighties. I know how Carlos (twin windows JHC) feels as he was in the shop almost as much as I was. Godspeed Bob and my condolences to his family.
Doug
Yellowbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godspeed, Bob. We'll miss you.
Thanks. Thread went from me not being able to understand what Ipis was saying because English is obviously not his first language to me not being able to understand it because English is my first language Laughing

Fuel pumps galore:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=845378
COWBOY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: we will miss you Reply with quote

Bob will deeply be missed. I have known him for over 15 years. Really nice guy and I will never forget his unique voice. He was one the last mom and pop shop that was still close to home, and always had the part in stock.

My deepest condolences go out to the family
gurus daughter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Bob Costas Reply with quote

I a sorry to hear another great person is gone to the better place now I never met him but, my dad probably did. Well BEST wishes to his family. Sad Sarah Vella - Labrador, Al Labrador was my dad...)
sluggo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob was a great guy. Always helpful and passionate about VWs. And he had just about anything you would ever need. I used to bring my son over there for "Man Time". I'll miss him and his shop a lot.

Does anyone know when services are or where to send condolences?
http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com

Last edited by sluggo on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the loss. Bob, Linda and I have been trading VW$$$ at swaps now for the past few years. I wish the family all the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
David
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear the bad news.

I met Bob in 2005 @ Pomona after RestoJohnny suggested I speak to him for some parts for my car. Sure enough, Bob gave me his card, told me to come by during the week and he'd have the stuff. He hooked me up!

Good guy.

*October '54 Ragtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
Bob was a great guy. Always helpful and passionate about VWs. And he had just about anything you would ever need. I used to bring my son over there for "Man Time". I'll miss him and his shop a lot.

Services are going to be private and family only. You have sent your condolences, as I sent Linda this link, or you could call the shop at 323 258-4970 or the website wwww.bobcostaenterprises.com and leave them.

Hopes are Linda can keep the shop going and I have offered to move back to LA (yuck), if Linda can use my help. I love Bob and Linda, and anything I can do for them, would be my pleasure, and at least the thanks I can give them for being such good friends, not to mention helping me thru the years, restore my VW's and have all my idiotic questions answered.

My heart hurts so much, knowing Bob is gone, and at the same goes out to Linda, to help her in anyway I possibly can!
TOOB Member #15
Brian
powellscooter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met Bob and his wife at Phx Bug-orama this spring, and talked to Bob a while. Nice man. Makes the key fob he gave me more sentimental.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: bob costa Reply with quote

bob costa was by far, one of the coolest VW heads I have ever known in my life! I was just told that he passed on Sat. and I am in shock. You never think about a good friend leaving you, until it happens. bob and linda would go out of their way to help people get parts for their cars, above and beyond. I will miss Bob with all my heart! If you did not get a chance to ever meet him, you missed out on a great conversation with a man that knew everthing there is about vintage vw's. Linda, you are in my prayers and thoughts! If there is anything you need me to do, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be there on a drop of a dime to help! I will cherish every memory I have with Bob, we have lost a great one people! You can not replace such a great man! chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sluggo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orignuthinman wrote:
sluggo wrote:

Services are going to be private and family only. You have sent your condolences, as I sent Linda this link, or you could call the shop at 323 258-4970 or the website wwww.bobcostaenterprises.com and leave them.

Thanks. I sent an e-mail to Linda through the site. I didn't know them on a personal level. But I often asked Bob for his advice and bought many parts from them. Hung out a few times just to Bullshit and get the tour of vehicles currently on the property. I live close by so if she needs help with the shop I can be there. If she decides to sell I may be able to help with that too. Dedicated VW shops are getting hard to come by and we need to keep BCE open.
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Celebration of Bob! Reply with quote

Linda informed me today, there will be a celebration of Bob's life on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 1 o'clock.
Linda would love to have a bunch of VW fanatics, who knew or were affected by Bob there. I am weighing whether I can make it out if I leave tomorrow night. If I do, I will drive my 21W out from NM.
If you can make it, do so. I am certain Linda will love it, if a contigent of VW's pulled up!

Linda has told me, she has appreciated all the great posts everyone has written. Good on you all!

Regards,
Brian
TOOB Member #15
Brian

Last edited by peaceful warrior on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
sluggo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I'll be there. Hopefully with Bottomend in tow.
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Bob R.I.P. Reply with quote

Sluggo just called me and I will be there. Bob help me out with parts ect since I started in VW's. His was one of the first shops I found and it was like Nirvana to drive into the yard that first day. Stuff piled up everywhere just like it should be. I immediatly knew this wasn't a guy who was gonna try to rip me off or lie to me. Heck, he was too busy making a mess in his shop to mess with people!

I always enjoyed the cat (all REAL VW shops need a shop cat) and piles of old treasures laying about.

Bob would pull something off a car for you and charge you next to nothing for it. The funny thing is, I alway seemed to show up right when he was sitting down to lunch on the picnic table out in front but he'd still take the time to help me. A good example of a great guy....
regalasr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Best directions are take Interstate 210 and get off at Lake Ave, go east to Wapello and make a a left.

Minor correction, get off at Lake Ave and go NORTH on Lake Ave to Wapello and make a left.

I grew up in Altadena.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: