Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grease Monkey racing - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lowbaja69
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 25, 2009
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowbaja69 wrote:
The Motor is waiting for the last two tin. the long block is done!

As for the motor your not getting a 1600 your getting a nice 1641
just for the wait!
As for the install that i offered to do for you because you waited so long
I am upgradeing your motor with an compufire ignition and a great cam

I am so sorry for the wait it should have never happened. And it will not happen again.
i am revamping my whole company due to this screw up.

I need the exhaust and the carb you still have.

As for MrVwdub.... If you saw me at D Day and your making this you problem why didnt you come up and ask me about it?

I would have let you know what happened. I am not going to post it on a public forum. call me . ill buy you a coffee and tell you what happened

Alex- text me
MrVwdub- text or call

Lets get this done and done right. I know i cant please the world. but i can try!

could you answer one of my numerous calls and tell me what happened with my engine build i would love to meet you in person to discuss but im not paying for a flight, probably would be cheaper though with the amount of money im spending talking to your answering service!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy in light of your refusal to make any contact with me at all i have contacted the better business bureau (BBB of the Southland, Inc.) in your area with my complaint.

Just to give you a heads up. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrVwdub
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: GreaseDonkey....I mean Monkey! Reply with quote

Looks like Andy burned another person......Sorry to hear that.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: GreaseDonkey....I mean Monkey! Reply with quote

MrVwdub wrote:
Looks like Andy burned another person......Sorry to hear that.

its not over, not by a long shot.

if anyone knows a good lawyer in the so cal area please contact me, thanks.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pisser is we sold my wife's mint 66 bug to fund the engine build and shes absolutely devastated, crys everytime i mention dubs. Mad

Andy might as well have walked into my yard and stole the bug himself. i guess the guy has no conscience.

sometimes his phone rings maybe 8-9 times then goes to answer, recently its once or twice so i knows hes hanging up on me.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dhkvwclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=di...e=10#40422

i got well and truely scammed by Andy for in total about $6100. We, well my wife sold her 66 bug to fund the engine build (she loved that car), i had to tell her last week that it doesnt look like were going to get anything back. To say she is devestated is an understatement. It took me quite a bit of persuasion to get her to agree to sell her bug for the van engine build in the first place as we were trying to start a hire business, so you have no idea how shit i feel about the whole sorry episode. Every time i mention dubs she starts crying Sad.

I know he's let other people down but not to the tune of 6K i'm sure as they would take it out on his ass. Sad

I have bits of information that someone by the name of 'Richard' is building the engine? if anyone knows Richard or if Richard is reading this please email me johnny @ earlybay.com in the hope i may be able to recover something maybe a longblock, but i dont know if andy's lies about it being ready etc are true.

Can anyone shed any light on Andy himself? is he terminally ill (karma is a bitch) or just caught a phobia of answering calls or emails. I'm out a fortune on phone bills, its alot more expensive to call the USA from the UK than the other way round. its been 17 months so no excuses, and 7 months since you even replied to and email. Unless your phone is broken and goes to answer after 3-4 rings then i know you are getting my messages.

So to summarise, i'm sitting here 6K down, no engine and a wife in bits, I cant afford 6K, the van was being used to start a new hire business but thats ****ed now to. Belated Happy new year Andy! you sure made it a good one for me.

A word of advice to anyone thinking of doing business with Andy... think twice!.

I know this will fall of the board in a few days but just by chance the right person reads it they may be able to offer me some hope.

Last edited by Earlybay on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
1970fun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfff, guys like Andy are really pissing me of... they are a real shame for the aircooled community.
I wish you luck with this situation.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free engine and mag article really makes sense now. It was to suck in gullable ****ers like me. I've got both Andy's addresses from the BBB anyway which is helpful. If anyone else who has be burned by him needs these just PM me.

I've also contacted IC3 who are looking into the circumstances, i believe they are linked to the FBI which i found amazing Very Happy. Apparently internet fraud is a federal offense and not something they take lightly. I've sent them the information i have including the email conversations and my phone bill records showing the volume of calls ive made to him so hopefully something promising will come of it. Apparently I have a fairly strong case.

If that doesnt work i can take it to the Californians Small Claims Court which also looks promising. I'm under the $7500 threshold and someone local to So Cal has already offered to represent me as plaintif in the courts so if i've no joy in a few more weeks and i'll file a claim. heres hoping.

If i can file a sucessful claim in the small claims and Andy refuses to appear or make good they can send the baliffs round.

I've contacted the Bureau of Automotive Repair as someone suggested (thanks), just waiting on a response. If they discover he doesnt have a licence they can heavily fine him. At least thats what i gather from the email from the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer Affairs (LADCA) the lady as the DCA was very helpful and optimistic, and the BAR.

So i guess any oversea's buyers scammed by him or any other scammer, don't dispair, there are options for remedy even if the scammer is unwilling to co-opertate, ill keep this post updated.

he still has a few weeks to make good but i think we are past that now as im sure he is aware.
I.P.C.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my understanding. richard no longer has any connection with andy. we have been doing business with richard for a couple of years now. eliminating the middle man (andy) .
as far as andy is concern... let's just say you are not the only one he did wrong. but our "dues" are not worth our time in court.
sorry you got rid of the '66 bug. you do have to get it back for her... you know that right? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.P.C. wrote:
from my understanding. richard no longer has any connection with andy. we have been doing business with richard for a couple of years now. eliminating the middle man (andy) .
as far as andy is concern... let's just say you are not the only one he did wrong. but our "dues" are not worth our time in court.
sorry you got rid of the '66 bug. you do have to get it back for her... you know that right? Crying or Very sad

Can you do a big favor for me and ask richard if he did indeed build a 1955 or 1915 engine for andy with a set of weber 36s that was supposed to have a bergmann cowl and 95 amp alternator?

i need to actually establish if he was lying or not about the long block, it would have been around september/october 2008. the information would be a real help in building a case.

thanks
I.P.C.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
MrVwdub
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrVwdub wrote:
bump

thank you, im feeling pretty down about this, almost lost faith in the vw scene to be honest.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after trying to resolve this by getting in contact with Andy and his refusal to co-operate, or even answer the phone or email me, i've gone down the legal route. He should be getting a letter within the next few days.

Has anyone else had unresolved issues with Grease Monkey Racing? as these may help strengthen my case for the 6K he scammed from me. If you have please pm me with details.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm i the only sucker to get burned by this lowlife?

one more person should get him banned, which is no more than he deserves.

6K!!!!!!!!!!! i mean thats a whole new ride... or a decent motor... etc.
MrVwdub
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy use to work at Serranos.....guess thats where he learned to ply his trade.......
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know Richard, trying to get a number so i can give him a quick call? find out what Hall didi with my motor or cash.

Hoping the DCA.ca.gov can help me get something out of this. I get the feeling i'm the only one he's dicking around.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on andy? not got the ballz to expalin why you stole my money?
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly another fortnight gone and nothing from Mr Hall. I've tried and tried and tried being nice, calling emailing etc., I know FACT he knows i'm trying to get this sorted and i was passed the message i would get my money back $6K. More BS to fob me off and buy more time.

if i was Mr Hall i would be ashamed embarressed at the events and the fact ive been exposed to the whole VW community for the cheat/scammer that i am. Andy doesnt have the balls to put it right. How can anyone f**k themselves within the community of the thing they love. I guess Dubbers fall in and out of love with the scene.

I did find out that some of the Parts of the 'so called running engine' that Andy told me was sounding great! were ordered (not all, only a small portion of the 6K he stole from me) is still is incomplete and actually boxed/unwrapped and sitting gathering dust in someone's garage.

Can you believe that!!. If anyone wants proof i have 40 emails complied as a PDF that i can post for everyone to see the lies. where he told me at least twice that my motor was running and sounding great etc. I have to laugh or i would cry.

I know there are alot of great reputable builders in the US but this shitbag makes it difficult for anyone in the UK to feel safe in ordering a motor or parts from an independent in the US. He brings us all down.

What i would say to anyone thinking about having an engine built or expensive work done don't take theSamba feedback as gospel (that was my mistake). Ask their peers/friends etc. what the reputation is as reputations are only as good as the last job done and if he's gonna burn you? chances are the cracks are showing with the people he deals with locally and they will know the word on the street. If there's even a hint walk away. I've learned an expensive lesson.

...If your not 1000% sure? just DONT buy.
Earlybay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! ive been promised my parts and money back from the 'horses' mouth lmao.

I masked my number and got the man in person. I guess i was fed a load more lies, parts waiting to be collected ($1380 worth of parts) i had to re order from the supplier who held off the order and was able to contact the cockroach and try to get them gathered up! and promised my money wired back less these parts on tuesday $3300.

i sent someone round today to pick up the parts, guess what? yeah no f**king parts!, just the carbs and manifolds i sent myself, (at least i got that back).

i'll wager no money will materialise either. I was promised id get that back on tuesday by bank wire, he's made promises to the supplier he bought the parts off, (they are old friends and go way back) that he would sort me out, (thanks go to the supplier for trying anyway).

I'm f**king sick of this.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: