Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door hinge pin remover - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: scvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 16, 2024
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Hinge Pine Removal Tool Reply with quote

I got to finally use this. Attached is a video for any skeptics. There was no test run and this is the first time the hings pin has been removed since the vehicle came from the factory. Unfortunately, the tool did not come in time for me to remove the pin before the beetle had been painted, but at least I have some touch-up paint to fix the scratching done by the tool. View videos here:

Part 1: http://youtu.be/BX9a3Q_h26Y
Part 2: http://youtu.be/TrHwOKCFZvo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome videos Kevin! Thanks.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
durhamfirecaptain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: hing pin tool Reply with quote

I agree the tool works great. Joey, I just need to know where you got the boxes for the pins mine got smashed.

'Senility Prayer'...God grant me...
The senility to forget the people I never liked;
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
And the eyesight to tell the difference.'
BGAirForce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Door hinge pin removal tool Reply with quote

Anyone know where to purchase one of these tools now? All ads are deleted on TheSamba and other sites that mention Joey and the tools he makes do not have any tools for sale. Any help is apprecated.

Brad
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you contacted him directly?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BGAirForce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Got me Reply with quote

I did not, gezz sometimes the answer is so obvious! Thank you, I will give direct contact a shot.

Brad
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pm'd him the other day. he says he has none. didn't answer back when I asked when they will be available again Sad
bdintenshns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: awe man really :( Reply with quote

Really... and i need one. PM me too. Thanks. Mebe I'll get lucky.
1996 Honda Prelude Wink
1970 Beetle (left behind) Crying or Very sad 1970 bus (Lost) Crying or Very sad 1968 Beetle (Sold) Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Chrisstieh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to replace the pin on my passenger lower hinge. It's not sloppy. It's darn near frozen. Does anyone want to rent the tool? Kroil and an air hammer did nothing to this pin.
Thanks folks
oldgit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: pin remover Reply with quote

Do like I did plan ahead. I contacted Joey and had asked him if he had any of them made. He Said no. I left my name and number with him and asked if he would contact me if he was going to make more because I wanted one. I even told him I would leave a deposit for half the cost just to keep a place in line for one. When he finally pmed me about one I sent him the money immediatly and got mine a week later. I was lucky enough to have time to wait and it was well worth it at tool like this while used infrequently is worth its weight in gold. Maybe if enough people contact him or leave deposits he will make a few. Sorry I dont rent mine out!
MELBATOAST78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone willing to sell their hinge pin tool? I'm in need and not having much luck.
AutoMobilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Hinge Pin Removal Tool Reply with quote

I recently purchased Joey's hinge pin removal tool, used from another SAMBA member. Awesome tool! I Just removed and replaced 8 hinge pins on 4 painted Bug doors, and did no paint damage.
This tool is worth it's purchase price time and time again. I've never met or spoken to Joey but I would like to testify that his hinge pin removal tool worked flawlessly.
Thanks,
Bob
AutoMobilia
sanderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billmetric wrote:
very nice tool !
I could also use one of these :
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

??? anyone interested in having joey fab one of these up? Joey, are you interested in making one of these rivet tools for the vent window rivets?
ksj138
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Dowel Pin Replacement Reply with quote

Just in case he is looking here, I have been loaning out this tool with great success, but now is the time for some repairs. One of the 5 driver pins is cracked and the center pivot pin is bent. I'm looking for the same source of pins that came with the tool. Joey, (or anyone else) do you have a source for me?

Thanks - Kevin
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: looking for this tool Reply with quote

I am looking to by or rent this tool to remove 4 pins
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dalland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand that nobody haven't had any problems with this tool..
I have seen two of them and both broke in the bolt with very little force.
Had to fix one of these tools a little time ago, and can't say I am impressed.

Threads are to coarse and not trapes as they should have been.
Bolt is not made of correct material.
Radius of bolt is not the same as radius on arm so it deforms and start bending.
Bolt have a sharp hole in the midle that cuts into the arm and makes it bend.

And that its made so heavy with such a weak bolt/threads is just ridicules.

I have told both guys that bought these tools to contact the seller, but haven't checked up on them regarding these waranty cases.

I work for Rolls Royce and to design tools for our engines is a part of my job, so to see a tool with so many faults as this is just sad.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke mine twice 5-6 years ago and Joey fixed it - no questions asked. Both times the issue was with the lower half of the unit where the pins go in. I was abusing it very hard trying to get out a stubborn pin. I thought it was indestructible but I was wrong.

I don't know if he is still making these, repairing them, or offering parts for them. I'm guessing not, It's been over 3.5 years now since he's advertised any for sale on the samba, so I can't imagine these would still be covered under any type of warranty.

For what it's worth, I have two original Matra VW hinge pin tools, one even looks fairly mint still in the box, and they are both broken as well.

Joeys tool is still going strong for me, although I use it carefully and don't offer to loan it to anyone.

Since Joey isn't making or selling these any more, maybe the Rolls Royce tool maker can step up to the plate and fill the need. I'd love to see a bulletproof version of this tool hit the market. Maybe even one capable of removing bus mirror arms? Maybe even early cargo door hinge pins?

I think Joey did a good job of making a nice tool at an affordable price point ($180). I have no doubt a superior tool could be made at a higher price point. GabFab is one of the vendors who has made a few changes and is selling a revised version at a higher price - if my tool breaks at some point I will consider buying one from him.
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Door hinge pin remover - [email protected] Reply with quote

Any news ? I need one of these tools
oldskool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Door hinge pin remover - [email protected] Reply with quote

If anyone would like to rent or sell their tool, please contact me.
I'm in SoCal.
Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldskool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Door hinge pin remover - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got one, Thanks Dougs Buggs -n- Bunnies!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: