Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

powerhaus - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: powerhaus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 19, 2024
dockmaster Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank John for the great service. I ordered some tires and after a crappy day at work, there they were. I can't wait to order my next set! I will not hesitate to do business again. Cool
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered 2 more sets of front 165/45/15's from john, and they were here in 2 days. A couple of weeks later i bought another set and he shipped them to texas for me...very fast. After reading all of this feedback, i am going to call him and talk to him about a motor build for my bus.
shawn63deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet a few days ago and ordered a turbo turnkey from John. I'd sent numerous emails talking over the final spec and always received a quick response. More importantly I was often talked out of spending more of my hard earned money than was required for my application - how often does that really happen??!! Wink
A great phone conversation then sealed the deal, I know this will work out just fine Wink Very Happy

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6907
wanta23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stopped by the shop and John took a good 30 minutes to discuss my different options in new engines and transmissions. He wasn't rushed and answered all my questions. I haven't made a decision yet, but he seems like an honest guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kris25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i oredered Plastic Wheel Cap Badge from jhon.they look great and i would just like to say great seller fast shipping i would buy from him agian
trintek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: sand seal pulley kit Reply with quote

transaction was smooth, item was out of stock but shipped as soon as it was in stock, shipping was fast. i think i finally have everything together to start doing installs Smile john answered all my questions and even gave me some good advice on installing the kit, would highly recommend to anyone and i am sure i will be buying from powerhaus again in the future.
thanks john,
trin
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
RennyRB
Samba Textbook Gangsta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a very minor purchase from Powerhaus (Distributor cap), but it was cool to know they had the part on hand, while all other nearby shops were sold out. Anyway, John was very cool about any questions I had, gave a tour of the shop, and answered any questions I had, and was able to defend his own positions very well. Great people to do business with.
shawn63deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my FI Turbo engine made it to me with absolutely no problems from John Very Happy just looking at the attention to build detail it's fantastic. A video and pics kept me updated throughout the build and kept me happy. It'll be a few more weeks before I attempt the install but I can't wait Wink
Buy with confidence Very Happy

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6907
kris25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered 2 165/45r15 from john and i didnt even get them yet but i know i will and they will look great so thanks john your the best Applause
kris25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered 2 185/55r15 got them and my 165/45r15 they look good thanks john
Lonette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought front and rear sway bar from John .
Best price around and $12 for shipping .
Those guys are good and honest .
Thanks
purplepeopleeater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my 4 tires in about 3 days, great bunch over there.

Will be buying again, keep them 165's in stock! Very Happy
Alexander_Monday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

Smooth transaction and superfast shipping.

Thank You.

andk5591 wrote:
The original german engineers have attained sainthood and it is impossible to improve perfection.
Anything that anyone does to deviate from the original designs will be made to wrench on 20 year old Yugos with Harbor Freight tools in hell.
sconord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone order an engine off of PH?

Any good? Any problems?

From the forums, he sounds like a nice guy, but can he build engines?

Thanks
Keldog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have a powerhaus motor but i know plenty that do. top notch shop
decapman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to add my 2 cents
Bought a turnkey 1910 engine, John kept me informed at all times on the buildup.
Shipped the engine to my restorer in Hungary and followed up with installation advice.

Long story short there was a problem with the engine.
By the time I got it back to the UK it was leaking oil.
Sent John photos of the damaged crank and he saw the problem straight away and gave me clearance to have it rebuilt in the UK.
John stands behind his product. The rebuild was a success the engine is great and I got my rebuild costs covered by John.

Mistakes do happen but its reassuring to know that John stands behind his product.
International buyers, buy with confidence from this guy.
100% recommended.

Marcus
Kent
England.
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we at Mendeola gave John two jobs the first a 2276 turbo injected that went pretty good, however when we gave him the second build and paid 60% up front for a 1914 fuel injected build the motor was late and when I went to pick it up it was still being put together (not the biggest problem).... We discussed the redline fuel injection and getting better gas milage out of this system then carbs and John agreed that we should be able to do better then carbs in theory but no primisses (no problem)....

We picked up the motor finished the build and sent the car down the road. THe customer drove dirrectly to Las Vegas, we made arrangements to pick the car up in Vegas and bring it back to San Diego. I called John made arrangements with him to come down to our shop and run the car on our chassis dyno to try fine tune the fuel injection to get the best possible results.....

Here's the problem.
A he gave me his word he would come down Wensday or Thursday to give it a shot. He did not show on Wensday and when I called him to make sure we were still on for Thursday he went off on me saying that I was putting the presure on him and he was not going to drive down to San Diego and leave his guys alone at the shop. I told him no problem I could meet him after hours, still no way. He told me to bring the car to him and he would "drive it down the street and chop some fuel out of it". Not very good for a guy that claims to "tune these fuel injection systems better then everybody else out there".

The fix: I called Redline talked to BUD who walked me through tuning these systems and after about 2 hours (including getting schooled by Bud)
I had a pretty nice tune and a engine that lets say was not tuned all that well, for being the best tune out there........ We now deal dirrectly with redline and tune all our own engines and offer tuning to any one out there Running Redline systems......

Also the engine did not come with all the parts I was quoted but after me telling John if he wanted to keep my business to come down and do what he promissed and him refuseing I did not even try to get the right parts....

Good luck dealing with John I hope he gets his crap together as he has the pottential to be a good builder (well thats on the motors he puts together atleast and not the ones his guys build).....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tronstones
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a bosch distributor from them on february 20th. I received it march 4th. 11 business days later. The problem was lack of proper postage so it had to be returned to sender and sent again. I know things happen and some things are out of our hands, but the delay in shipping completely FU#%ed me, and I was not able to get my car finished in time. I am rather saddened and upset............
scratchwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placed my first order with John for 1968 wiring harness a few days ago. Shipping was fast with good communication and the price was right.
I would order from him again.
Travis N.
afhusband
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a bus that John & Powerhaus had built. It is really a fantastic bus too!

And even though it was not I that did any business with them personally, John will still help me out any time I have a question. I email him with questions about different things now and then and always get a VERY prompt reply, and only the most helpful of answers.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: