Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

powerhaus - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: powerhaus
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to do business with. Fast and great communication, packaged well. Will do more business with them.
debs8981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the bad feedback from Mendeola posted in February, Im betting they put the grind on you to do the job for peanuts then sell the product to someone else for their normal outragious prices. Screw those guys John, you do great work for very reasonable prices and I for one appriciate that.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

debs8981 wrote:
I just read the bad feedback from Mendeola posted in February, Im betting they put the grind on you to do the job for peanuts then sell the product to someone else for their normal outragious prices. Screw those guys John, you do great work for very reasonable prices and I for one appriciate that.

You got it all wrong..... We had already bought one engine from John and everything went great. We had NO PROBLEM paying his price. NO GRINDING at all. We understand that quality cost. I too was very impressed by the way Johns shop was and how he handled us. Then we bought our second engine from him and had issues with the tuning on the fuel injection. I called John and made arangement with him to come down and run the car on our chassis dyno to clear up the tuning issues. He agreed amd when it came time to do it he backed out not honering his word. I even offered to come in after hours, or when ever it would fit into his schedule to fix the issue. He said to just bring the car up to him and he would "drive it down the street and chop some fuel out of it"... Not the best way to tune an engine. I then gave him the chance to keep us as customers by just coming down and correcting the issue, he refused.

I then contacted Radline Weber myself and found many tuning issues with his fuel injection program. John comes across as a nice guy but he does not know how to keep big clients yet....

Hell we spent around 16,000 dollars on two VW turnkey engines. If a customer had done that at our shop we would make a 100 mile drive and spend a little time to keep them happy.....

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
debs8981
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Powerhaus Reply with quote

I figured you guys wanted something for nothing. Nice you would offer to allow him to make that four hour round trip drive after the traffic thins a little. Just so you knows, you cannot "tune " a turbo motor with the redline injection system on an engine stand,the turbo doesnt do much anything till you put a load on it,as if you didnt know. If John said he was going to drive down there to tune that car for you thats what he should have done I guess but it seems more likely one guy was sayin something and the other guy heard something else.
powerhaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were never any tuning issues with our engine, in fact it was very smooth and drove without any problems, Kevin's request was for me to drive out to his facility and run the vehicle on his dyno and work on getting more fuel mileage on the vehicle, this I felt would be very obtainable and I was looking forward to doing so, but I wasn't able to leave my shop for the 6-8 hours minimum it would of took me to drive out,tune and come back home that week, I told Kevin that I would try and get out to him the following week and this is where the disagreement was, not with the product.
It is unfortunate that it ended this way, and I would hope that some day we could do business again.
[email protected]
1938 Del Amo Blvd.#B
Torrance, Ca.90501
Buis.Hours-Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
(310)328-2746
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Powerhaus Reply with quote

debs8981 wrote:
I figured you guys wanted something for nothing. Nice you would offer to allow him to make that four hour round trip drive after the traffic thins a little. Just so you knows, you cannot "tune " a turbo motor with the redline injection system on an engine stand,the turbo doesnt do much anything till you put a load on it,as if you didnt know. If John said he was going to drive down there to tune that car for you thats what he should have done I guess but it seems more likely one guy was sayin something and the other guy heard something else.

I do know that a any engine including a turbo engine does not do much untill you load it. I also understand that you can tune an engine to its intended use (tire size, car weight, trans gearing,etc...) that is why I offered the use of our in ground chassis dyno. I also offered to let John come down and tune his own stuff when ever he wanted including the weekend and I would come in on my time to open up for him. This offer was to allow him to even better his product and allow him to have the maps he sends out in other engines to be even more pinpoint then they are. THis offer was without charge and would have cost me personal time with my family. This is what Mendeola and I were putting on the table for John and powerhaus.... Mendeola beleaves and has always tried to help out companies that we deal with to make a better product though team work.

Yes our products cost alot, however we give people what they pay for. Our transaxles are number one and set the bench mark for all other after market transaxles. Our cars are one of the best built and have won many awards. We continue to strive forward and build things better then before.

Quality cost......Sorry

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerhaus wrote:
There were never any tuning issues with our engine, in fact it was very smooth and drove without any problems, Kevin's request was for me to drive out to his facility and run the vehicle on his dyno and work on getting more fuel mileage on the vehicle, this I felt would be very obtainable and I was looking forward to doing so, but I wasn't able to leave my shop for the 6-8 hours minimum it would of took me to drive out,tune and come back home that week, I told Kevin that I would try and get out to him the following week and this is where the disagreement was, not with the product.
It is unfortunate that it ended this way, and I would hope that some day we could do business again.

John,

I agree, the basic tuning was good, however we needed to fine tune it as we had talked about. I called you before I went to pick the car up and we talked about the dyno tuning the next week. You agreed to come down and then backed out this is where I felt I was let down. You put me in a very bad postion that ended up by me spending a very late night tuning the engine with the help of Bud over at Redline. So it was not an issue with the product entirely it was the service. We could go into details and point out everything that happend, but I just don't think it is worth it.

We've sold other air coolded cars since this one and built the engines in house with no issues. We've even started useing Redline injection systems on our Subi power plants (I LOVE REDLINE INJECTION) Maybe we can talk someday and work out the issues leading to working together again.

Good luck John
Just remember without customers there is no business

Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar
MENDEOLA SIGNATURE MOTORS

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerhaus wrote:

John,
Thank you for a more complete perspective on the situation. Your position and your recall of the events seem reasonable and a good deal more believable.
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearsurf2001 wrote:
powerhaus wrote:

John,
Thank you for a more complete perspective on the situation. Your position and your recall of the events seem reasonable and a good deal more believable.

Just out of curiosity did you read my responce to John's posting? I agreed with what he said... You should read and try and understand everything before posting something up here half informed, and throwing mud at the other guy. Mendeola has made its name on quality and doing the right thing for people. I only posted on this thread to inform others of the way we had been treated after spending over $16,000 dollars on two engines and to possibilty of spending more on future engines and NEVER hit John up for a discount. It would seem that any business owner would want to keep that account.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read ALL of the preceding posts. Perhaps you misread my post and wish to defend a perceived slight. My comments were directed to John as a compliment to his explanation of his business decisions. No mud was thrown. I have the highest regard for the company that employs you and their product. Move along now.
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I just wanted to make sure everything is christal clear. I don't want to mislead anyone in anyway.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
rfolden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: turn key engine Reply with quote

Just a small report about a turn key John built for me.Its been a couple years now. he uses my engine in his adds ,blue and silver.I had a gas leak on one weber carb,I didn't know i had a problem until cleaning engine for a show.(garage queen).little over a year.Called John,he said send carb back to him and he would replace it.he mailed back same carb after he adjusted it.still had gas leak,drip,drip after a hard run.called john back,he said send it back and he would replace it.after waiting weeks i called and ask what he had found out.part still in shop,but he would take it to weber .but carb out of warr .so john told me sorry ,to fix problem you need a new weber carb.so i sent him $375,plus shipping carb the other two times $75 bucks.$450 later,no more gas leaks. but the new carb he sent had redline and weber ground off base of carb. also powercoating rubs off when cleaning with water and rag.tin looks like crap,to a show car guy it means take out engine and do it over. I live in fl, do you think i'll buy powerhouse next time? John is a super nice guy talker.so you don't have to put a spin on story. (Snowplow) Ron
Mint Jams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of other reknown engine builders like Pat Downs (CB Performance), Art Thraen (ACE), and Anibal Chico (CPR), who many testify they built bullet proof engines.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint Jams wrote:
List of other reknown engine builders like Pat Downs (CB Performance), Art Thraen (ACE), and Anibal Chico (CPR), who many testify they built bullet proof engines.

So are you saying they don't??? Because they build a lot better motors then Powerhause.... Also if something goes wrong they don't give you a lesser quality part to correct the problem. THat is why they have the good reps they have.... Hell no matter what you do when you take any engine and nearly double it displacement your going to have problems. So for any VW engine that is built into a high performance engine, that goes from a 1600cc to a 2180, 2276, 2332, and above its life has been greatly shortend.

Lets realy think about what we are saying when we say "bullit proof". Even a stock VW engine can have problems and will blow up someday.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
Mint Jams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolrydes, I gave you a list of builders who are excellent at their work, that's all.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint Jams wrote:
Coolrydes, I gave you a list of builders who are excellent at their work, that's all.

Sorry I was not clear on what you were saying.... Thanks

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
ChromeWheels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerhaus - [email protected]

Good communication. Shipped fast. Will gladly do business with again Cool

Thanks John Exclamation
Timoteo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Transaction, packaging and shipping. Thanks John (Powerhaus)
Atlantic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy with Powerhouse. Stefanie, who answers the phone, is a sweetheart and very helpful (she actually makes an effort!).
Shipping was fast and price very good.

THANK YOU
fusca66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought several pieces of John, since 2007 until today buy, it always serves well and is very honest.
I buy it here in Brazil with the internet, when my English is good I will call him thanks, but for now I write the way I can. :wink:
Sp2 1972 1700cc

Na duvida não ultrapasse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: