Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS radars on ebay::: Sold!!!
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: NOS radars on ebay::: Sold!!! Reply with quote

anyone catch the NOS radars that got sold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270166905707

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:

Rare!!!! 1960's N.O.S. Set of 4 Volkswagen Rader Rims 15x5. Big bug bolt pattern. This is a no reserve auction!!!! Good luck to all bidders!!! Manufactured for Sears and Roebuck Company. This set of rims have been in a basement for close to 40 years!!! They have never had tires on them and have never been on a car. There were a couple versions of these wheels,with the ones sold through Sears[When they were cool!!!] having the flat spokes. While these wheels are New Old Stock,they have been moved around a basement many times. The centers are black with raised plain aluminum spokes,they have a few tiny nicks,and need to be cleaned. The outer steel chrome rims are still shiny,but have a rust mark the size of a pencil eraser on two of the rims.the inner chrome of the rims are dull,probably manufactured that way?? The cloth covers that mount over the rivets of the rim are there on all of them,but some rivets are starting to poke through. I would replace the cloth with rubber. There is the original Sears catalog #8032 magic markered on each rim. I really just hosed off these rims,did'nt want to disturb the patina,still a little dirty. Figure let the new owner do what they want. From outside edge to edge rim width is roughly 6 inches,inner is a shade over 5 inches. The inside of the spokes are marked Rader and Sears and Roebuck Company. Hopefully I have been pretty thorough with the description. I really hope they go to a good home!!! Stay tuned for more old school vw/empi parts in coming months. Shipping should be between 60.00-80.00 within the US,overseas extra. Payment by Paypal or Postal m.o. Payment by money order expected in 7 days,Paypal 3 days. Thanks for looking

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was watching it until the end but I decided not to bid.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this is a perfect example of Reproductions KILLING original parts values

I sold my empi raders right before the big reproduction of them hit the streets

when i sold mine I got 4k for them

I know those are sears raders but back then NOS set of 4 would have least got 3k
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMPI Raders always bring more money from what I have seen.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the seller contacted me right as they went on ebay. thanked me for the helpful info on my site. I figured they would go for a little more. I bet if they had the boxes the price would have hit 4.
steven wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid $1500.00 for my 4 Sears raders early last year. I was thinking the NOS raders where going to go for more. If I would of had the cash I would of bid on them. I traded my 4 used raders for a Blaupunkt Auto Super radio and 2 OG split glove box doors. I think I made out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bid 1200 on them... THought they were a good deal. What about the early ones with raised area for the lugnuts, are they considered rare? I have only seen one set..
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the raised, conical lug nut versions were later. The rims using a washer are early.
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveM wrote:
the raised, conical lug nut versions were later. The rims using a washer are early.

Are they considered rare?
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see equal numbers of both types.
doesitreallymatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: awwwwwwww.................................. Reply with quote

damn. i would of bought those.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: