Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

golde-westfalia / so23westfalia.com - Alex - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: golde-westfalia
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 11, 2008
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: golde-westfalia / so23westfalia.com - Alex - [email protected] Reply with quote

Back in March I ordered $230US in Westfalia parts thru Alex and they have never arrived (Customs suspected in their disappearance). I have corresponded with Alex on this and why the shipment was not sent with tracking. He claimed that this was his first loss..... I offered to pay for the reship costs..... He said no that was OK and would take care of it.

But first of all the S023 sprinkler heads did not get back from the platers till July, he bought a house and had to move in August, and then computer crashed in September losing the order info. All correspondence on this issue has been civil to date and so have resent the order and mailing address... and no further reply....

My patience is now over as we head into October. So if I receive the parts I'll be more than thankful and report as others have about his service ....

But for now..... not impressed....

[email protected]
[email protected]
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to defend Alex, BUT. Everything he stated is true. He is also in the middle of some business deals which has kept him very busy.
I have never had a problem dealing with him in the past, but as I stated, he has been extremely busy lately.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt its true........ but I am business as well.

From March to October I have been civil, understanding, and patient. I now can't get a response from him when he can ship the parts.... in the two minutes that would take to reply.

If you or Alex where in my position, I suspect you would feel the same way if I was also extremely busy.

Anyway, I'm on the road now till next week and will pop back in on my return to see if this can be resolved.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kintail wrote:
I don't doubt its true........ but I am business as well.

From March to October I have been civil, understanding, and patient. I now can't get a response from him when he can ship the parts.... in the two minutes that would take to reply.

If you or Alex where in my position, I suspect you would feel the same way if I was also extremely busy.

Anyway, I'm on the road now till next week and will pop back in on my return to see if this can be resolved.

I did talk to Alex today and mentioned this thread to him. Hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
golde-westfalia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I must apologise for your wait. As to me not replying l have only been back online 2 weeks, and still have net connection issues.

You know the reason for the wait was the postal system. I have had problems with sending items to canada before where packages take month but do arrive. So I wanted to see if it finally turned up by surface.

Shipping is a real killer for me now. The weak dollar and high fuel costs make stuff very expensive to ship to the US and canada. I do my best to make the shipping as cheap as possible. Never charge for materials, packing and fuel / time getting to the post office - only charge what the post costs.

I have been absolutely overwhelmed with other stuff to sort before and since the move. I have moved all my vehicles and parts to the other end of the country and I have still to unpack it all. There's boxes and boxes of it as you can imagine.

You know I'm taking the hit on these parts since they went missing in the post. The repro parts is not a viable business (there's no way it could be - wouldn't pay for the food on my table), it's just a bit of fun which may help others restoring the buses I love. So sometimes I can't put the time in which I would like to.

I will try my best to get through everything outstanding this weekend. There is just not enough hours in the day to do it in the week.

Best regards

Alex

http://so-23.com The SO-23 Westy Registry...125 SO-23s and counting.

Wanted: 55-57 Bubble taillights, Grey Kombi Bench Seat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear it's worth the wait for his High Quilty Parts.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good luck with the parts Alex sells. He's not the quickest but he's always came through for me in the past.
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is now being resolved.

Thanks,
tlaama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had about a dozen or more dealings with Alex and he came thru every time. He is a person of strong character gives his absolute best to make westy repro parts as close to original as possible.

His curtains are in two of my buses and look great. I received everything he sent me and much of it came faster to me from the UK than stuff from within the USA. Tom
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a problem with Alex either. his parts are very nice and I hope he continues to make them.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cabriothusiast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Alex - worth the wait and continued trust Reply with quote

Alex is a real VW enthusiast and puts that energy into everything he does. I recommend him and have had many dealings. Continued trust is warranted even though I understand long waits and patience. He's worth it and he always comes through as is evident in his replies.

An asset for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still awaiting resolution......
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still waiting.......
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have mentioned.... the last communication I have had on this issue is the Sept response you see from Alex in this thread....

That's it.... I apparently have been put in ignore mode to go away .......
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no reply.... he last visited this site in October 2007, but is actively posting on the SSVC site in 2008 and selling there. Apparently not that busy......

Despite a couple of kind words of support here in NA from some SAMBA members, it appears he has high tailed it out of here rather then reship my order or refund the money.

Does not live up to his obligations.....Beware....

I'll have to explore mail fraud next I guess with the paperwork I have on hand........
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kintail wrote:
Still no reply.... he last visited this site in October 2007, but is actively posting on the SSVC site in 2008 and selling there. Apparently not that busy......

Despite a couple of kind words of support here in NA from some SAMBA members, it appears he has high tailed it out of here rather then reship my order or refund the money.

Does not live up to his obligations.....Beware....

I'll have to explore mail fraud next I guess with the paperwork I have on hand........

I hope he comes through on your order.

I spoke with Alex by email today, and it seems that he has been ripped off by several people in the U.S. and he's getting burned out.
I'm not surprised he hasn't visited this site since November.
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still selling on SSVC, so he can't be that burned out.....and sorry that he also got ripped off by a couple of j*7k a##e#.

But if he would take three minutes of his busy life and get on PayPal to refund the $230US he now owes me, this would be over. And to date he has not wanted to do that.....

Anyway, I have also referred this link to the SSVC to draw this to their attention.
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no parts nor any contact to resolve this issue.......
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one other person who has not received all of his order. I realize its tough reproduce this stuff but don't take people's money and not ship the stuff or communicate. From what I have hear about this guy, he sounds like a irresponsible seller with a lot of excuses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kintail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have a mailing address for Alex.... pm me if you do.

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: