Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Grey Exterior Side Panels
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
avsfanmccoy1989
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Grey Exterior Side Panels Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can buy the grey exterior side panels for my 90 vanagon gl? I've looked online and can't find them anywhere
Dogpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get any color and paint to match. That is exactly what was done in the first place.
08 Range Rover SC
08 VW Rabbit S
1951 O-1G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have deep pockets you may be able to buy some of the pieces from the dealer still, Be prepared to shit yourself when you here the prices though.

There are sets to be had used, look in the classified or ebay etc.. I got a complete set for mine that way, but therye are usually less than perfect and still bring a pretty decent chunk of change.

Another option is there are a few guys overseas that do make some fiberglass repops, of the OG and I think the Much nicer Oettinger panels too. I don't know if mounting them is the same way as the originals or not and shipping is going to probably be an issue.

Good luck, painting some on is ok but it "ain't nothin' like the real thing baby"
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the Classifieds here on this site??? There is a 90 Vanagon being parted out, and the advertiser states the interior is grey.

Here's the link to the ad:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=506854

Past VW drives: 1967 Beetle, 1973 Beetle, 1977 Bus, 1971 Military Type 181
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: