Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

richiesgarage - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: richiesgarage
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
richiesgarage Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Rich's Garage Reply with quote

bigashlow wrote:
I had seen an AD for Ghia parcel shelf & sent e-mail was told can't find it or lost or some such BS. Buyer was NEVER told that it was "lost" ---but since he was the first person to email about it, after it was listed, I figured give him the first opportunity to purchase the item.

Yeah I missed out on a NOS Ghia parcel shelf for a $175 cost range what a deal.

Then two or three weeks later I get an email saying OH here your shelf & email linked me to AD same AD BUT cost had gone up way UP to over $300. It was over a month later. But with over 1200 listings on theSamba, ten acres of cars, parts, engines, chassis' & literature; a dozen international shipping containers full of parts & pieces & a four-story 1840s barn filled to capacity, from time to time, an item gets misplaced ---NOT lost...

I thought what's going on? [/i]I told him what's going on & never said, stated, nor implied "...here your shelf..." & simply made a polite email inquiry, asking if might still be interested. Several emails from other users asked about buying it, as well; but he was the first...[/i]

I asked about the condition issues & was told NOS & only one small defect in nylon. Great sent his NEW double asking price over $300. Did he think the price was going to be lower...? For such a rare & desirable, specialty item, naturally, the price goes up. About twenty years ago, I had three of these; now we knew it was the ONLY one remaining; so it's something that I really don't mind holding onto...

I got the Shelf & it was not NOS & had what appeared to be a cigarette burn on nylon & frame had a coat of RUST & other issues like no paperwork & did I say missing parts. At this point, I don't even think he looked at the images, let alone read the description. There was no "coat of RUST" but the description did state "light oxidation" ---you're trying to make it sound like there were barnacles growing on the metal. You received the exact item (with a KAMEI bracket) as illustrated in the dozen images that accompanied the descriptive narrative.

Then I tried to fit into my Ghia guess what DID NOT FIT GHIA! It is both unrealistic (& bordering on delirium) to expect me to take responsibility for other people's incompetence. I went right over to a '74 with The Kid & personally double-checked the fit: perfect.

I sent back right then & had it my hands less than two hours. I had e-mailed him saying it's on it way back do to not fitting & missing parts etc. then days later I get E-mail telling me to file a damage claim with PO. "Missing parts" is a non-issue: if it wasn't included in the listing, then how can it be "missing"...? (Because you 'want' it to be there...?)

There was no damage from shipping & he wants me to defraud the PO? No thanks. Buyer is in Washington state; we are in New Jersey. It is absolutely impossible for him to make a definitive statement like "no damage from shipping". No one is trying to 'defraud' the USPS; but the buyer did get insurance.

I told him you will have back in a day or so. He got back on a Monday & waited till Friday to contact me after I had e-mailed because I knew he had back & signed for it. Okay; so...? Please try to stay relevant & be specific; I have a business to run.

I had e-mailed mid week asking for my $$ back . Here comes the story about the fact that parcel was damaged? I asked for photos 3 times now & have seen nothing He also claims has note from PO saying damage done in transit, I have seen no proof of anything & he asking to file a claim with PO. I have told him SHOW me the proof. Buyer sends me an unauthorized return, via an alternate shipper: we sent it UPS; he sends it to me via United States Postal Service. I received the item with a punctured box & bubble-wrap & torn nylon webbing, inside. Obviously, an insurance issue & I emailed several high-quality, digital images of the damage to the box, the packaging material & the torn webbing. After consulting my postmaster, I received instructions that since the buyer had purchased insurance, that it was his responsibility to file the insurance claim ---which I emailed the buyer.

Then there the story of him braking a leg? well if did , bummer & get well soon. Sounds to me like another BS story. More specifically, it was an ankle (later complicated by a stroke & a couple days in the hospital) which made for a rather miserable summer, but life goes on. That which I found to be particularly irksome were the threatening, profanity-laden emails (from two different people!) about this matter; as well as the repetitious voicemails you spent the next few months, leaving for me.

Make sure if deal with this piece if work you have in writing because you can't take on his word it not worth squat! NOS to me means New Old Stock unless told otherwise & I was not told missing parts & rusted !!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

"NOS" means "new old stock" to me, too. That parcel tray has never been installed & will only fit Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. This seems to be a classic case of "buyer's remorse": he received the item, as shown & decided he paid too much for it & tried to blame me & claim that it didn't fit & cried to The Administrator that I 'ripped him off'. And isn't anything in an email, actually writing...?

The 'coup de grace': when he finally went to the post office to file an insurance claim, they told him he waited too long; it had been over ninety days...!

We accept Paypal for the vast majority of sales UNLESS AGREED TO AHEAD OF TIME. USA BUYERS MUST ADD 5% TO TOTAL TO COVER FEES. Outside of the United States, sales will be completed via PAYPAL; make sure "NEW JERSEY, USA" is selected.

Customs cause problems ---some parts or pieces may be 'stuck' in customs in your country for four to six days, to four to six weeks. Such delays are NOT our responsibility.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: 71-72 tail light seals Bugpack Reply with quote

poolbizz wrote:
71-72 tail light seals Bugpack
This guy pulls off a bait and switch ! Shows a pic of an item than sends another !!! What a jerk !!! ... on top of that he then say's , I'll take a look see what got left ... LMFAO !!! ... I have the emails to prove it ... Don't TRUST ...

There's no "bait & switch" ---we made a mistake & told you that. But I wanted my merchandise returned; which you refused to do, along with some choice profanity. How does that make me a jerk...? "Emails to prove it" ---prove what; exactly...?

We accept Paypal for the vast majority of sales UNLESS AGREED TO AHEAD OF TIME. USA BUYERS MUST ADD 5% TO TOTAL TO COVER FEES. Outside of the United States, sales will be completed via PAYPAL; make sure "NEW JERSEY, USA" is selected.

Customs cause problems ---some parts or pieces may be 'stuck' in customs in your country for four to six days, to four to six weeks. Such delays are NOT our responsibility.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typ_315 wrote:
Update - 02 Feb 2014

Still have not received any word back from Richard after contacting him on at least two (2) occasions. However, he did respond to Everett's email forward from myself. This was on Jan 25 2014 and is reproduced in whole:

Everett, we received the lens back. it is as described, with shelf ware. he will get a refund Monday. richie

Monday has been and gone and still no refund, but what is troubling is that I received notification from paypal that only the original amount would be refunded, not the return postage ($11.25 (incorrectly put $11.60)). So now I am footing the bill for his error?

What really annoys me is that he claims "it is as described, with shelf ware". Incorrect, his original ad stated it was NOS with some wear.

DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY ONE BIT. HE WOULDN'T RESPOND, EVEN AFTER THE PART WAS IN HIS POSSESSION. HE HAD NO INTENTION OF DOING THE RIGHT THING.

This lens was never installed & is undoubtedly a 'new old stock' part, as described in the listing...

Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Richie sent the parts out quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hambonz75
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Richie is great to deal with, prompt response and shipping was spot on as I bought VW hinge pin caps. Highly recommend and will do business again.
fifthcenturycheese Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased an original blue coil and a couple hinge pin caps from richiesgarage. Items were nicer than described and arrived quickly...the coil really perked up my 40hp! Will buy from again!
radical.x
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

richiesgarage have the good parts , at the good price
fast deal and shipping , Perfect .....Smile
Ralhp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've made several purchases from Richie and have never been disappointed. It's a pleasure doing business with him. He's an honest businessman and a gentleman.
1641CuIn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased Type 3 rear motor mounts. The transaction was seamless. The items were properly packaged, promptly shipped with the tracking number forwarded to me. Parts are of good quality,
pplscar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just got my NOS Hella mirror for my '68!

It's in fantastic condition exactly how it was described. Thanks Richard!

You sir, get a gold star! Booyah.
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fantastic service from Richie's Garage. I bought a pair of original pop-out windows from Richard for my 65 bug, as I wanted an original set to restore rather than buy the shiny reproductions. I am delighted with them, they are exactly what I was looking for and even better than I could have hoped for. Easy communications and payment, Richard then sent them out via USPS tracked and insured from New Jersey to here in the UK. Meticulously and professionally packaged for their long journey (always a worry when shipping glass), I have received them safe and sound. I would not hesitate in buying from Richie's Garage again, he is a credit to the Samba and VW community. Thanks.
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sbeetle-GR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Excellent service even for overseas. Item exactly as described, package was very good, not much else to ask for.

Definitely recommended.
1979 Triple White 1303 Super Convertible US spec
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received my order from Richie. Great seller and communication. Item arrived boxed and bubble wrapped - very well protected. Wouldnt hesitate to do business with Richie again.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rob-redm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I sent him a Paypal for a 73 Thing owners manual and 73 sales brochure... Having not seen anything from him, sent two email requesting tracking ..I paid him on 5/25... Finally I get a reply that "we can't find the manual".. What bothers me also is that he renewed the add again on 5/30/18(since removed).. with out answering by first request for tracking.. Then when I hear from him , ask me to think about what I want to do(duh refunded my purchase) . The manual was what I need most.. the sales brochure was neat to have since I was buying the owners. Just a bunch of excuses which I didn't need to know about . blah blah blah.. finally got a refund .. $98.06 .. But I did find what I was looking for almost half of what he was asking for his owners manual... and the sales brochure to boot ! will skip this seller..
Simon3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have purchased parts several times and always been pleased with the parts, communication I have received.
Unfortunately my last purchase was not as expected. I sent pictures and a detailed description of what was required. I was sent the wrong parts, which was a problem as the postage and import duty made them expensive and of no use to me. They're not worth selling on to get any money back as are later parts.
Rich started off with he would find the correct parts and send them, then he was looking for them in his large warehouse and then he just ignored my mails.
He talked the talk but has not resolved the problem. I did offer him a solution to refund some of the money but nothing.
Shame on you, I will not use him again and would not recommend him to anyone. If this is how he treats returning customers he doesn't deserve to be in business (just my opinion)
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

rob-redm wrote:
I sent him a Paypal for a 73 Thing owners manual and 73 sales brochure... Having not seen anything from him, sent two email requesting tracking ..I paid him on 5/25... Finally I get a reply that "we can't find the manual".. What bothers me also is that he renewed the add again on 5/30/18(since removed)..
yeah; okay: five days later. what's your point...?

with out answering by first request for tracking.. Then when I hear from him , ask me to think about what I want to do(duh refunded my purchase) .
He bought two items; we could only find one. Asking if he wanted a partial refund (& ship the other item) or a full refund (for both items) certainly seemed like a pretty logical thing to do. How is that "duh"-worthy...?

The manual was what I need most.. the sales brochure was neat to have since I was buying the owners. Just a bunch of excuses which I didn't need to know about.
No; not "excuses" ---it's too bad this was such a waste of time for me; I thought I was being courteous by 'filling you in' on what was going on.

blah blah blah.. finally got a refund .. $98.06 .. But I did find what I was looking for almost half of what he was asking for his owners manual...
again: what's your point...? please keep your comments relevant. and the sales brochure to boot ! will skip this seller..

and I still don't understand where the $98.06 came from ---you paid $95. Why would I give you back MORE money than what you paid ME...?

and this is the explanatory note I sent to the buyer (I sure won't be making THAT mistake again...):
"we have hundreds of owner's manuals.
many of them (like these)
are in opaque, manila envelopes, for safekeeping;
marked with contents.
apparently, the last three or four from '74
were mis-marked as '73s.

once we realized this,
the search began for a remaining '73.

also, some days there's four or five people here;
other days, it's just me;
many days, I don't even come in (and no one else does!)
or it's just the one old geezer who putters around for a few hours
& does the best that he can.

so the fact remains that you really didn't 'lose' anything
---and I am genuinely apologetic, for the inconvenience...."
[/i]

Will pass on this buyer....

rob-redm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

richiesgarage wrote:
rob-redm wrote:
I sent him a Paypal for a 73 Thing owners manual and 73 sales brochure... Having not seen anything from him, sent two email requesting tracking ..I paid him on 5/25... Finally I get a reply that "we can't find the manual".. What bothers me also is that he renewed the add again on 5/30/18(since removed)..
yeah; okay: five days later. what's your point...?

with out answering by first request for tracking.. Then when I hear from him , ask me to think about what I want to do(duh refunded my purchase) .
He bought two items; we could only find one. Asking if he wanted a partial refund (& ship the other item) or a full refund (for both items) certainly seemed like a pretty logical thing to do. How is that "duh"-worthy...?

The manual was what I need most.. the sales brochure was neat to have since I was buying the owners. Just a bunch of excuses which I didn't need to know about.
No; not "excuses" ---it's too bad this was such a waste of time for me; I thought I was being courteous by 'filling you in' on what was going on.

blah blah blah.. finally got a refund .. $98.06 .. But I did find what I was looking for almost half of what he was asking for his owners manual...
again: what's your point...? please keep your comments relevant. and the sales brochure to boot ! will skip this seller..

and I still don't understand where the $98.06 came from ---you paid $95. Why would I give you back MORE money than what you paid ME...?

and this is the explanatory note I sent to the buyer (I sure won't be making THAT mistake again...):
"we have hundreds of owner's manuals.
many of them (like these)
are in opaque, manila envelopes, for safekeeping;
marked with contents.
apparently, the last three or four from '74
were mis-marked as '73s.

once we realized this,
the search began for a remaining '73.

also, some days there's four or five people here;
other days, it's just me;
many days, I don't even come in (and no one else does!)
or it's just the one old geezer who putters around for a few hours
& does the best that he can.

so the fact remains that you really didn't 'lose' anything
---and I am genuinely apologetic, for the inconvenience...."
[/i]

Will pass on this buyer....

FYI, nice cut and pace from you email...$98.06 was what was taken from my account (Paypal charges) Next time someone asks for tracking twice.. maybe answer them.. "we can't find the manual" then you renew the add ,then delete after my second email, hmmm.. loads of excuses. Time wasted... Gladly not buy from this guy...(he was a HUGE MISTAKE !) poor inventory control...
Gary Haberman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: wiper motor Reply with quote

Purchased a '67 wiper motor from Richie-arrived quickly and worked perfectly even though it was described as "as is"-I opened it up just to check the grease inside-looked like someone had already cleaned it up. Wouldn't hesitate to order from Rich again!
nolamm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have bought multiple items from Richie. Fair prices, excellent packaging and prompt shipping. Easy to deal with. Hope to do more business in the future. Thanks Richie.

Mike
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: richiesgarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

This seller has never answer my emails,when I have question about a part he's selling. He has time to post ads (over a thousand ads) but no time to answer emails. Confused

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: