Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Slowlow - [email protected] - Sam Manis
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Slowlow
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a spindle rebuild by Sam my Beetle drives 200% better than it did before!
Cool

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vee dub dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an adjustable narrowed beam from Sam and he answered tons of questions throughout the entire process. Kept me up-to-date with everything going on while he made it and I received a very high quality beam.

No problems what-so-ever, great Samba seller and person!

Fresh Air VW Car Club - Pittsburgh, PA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwomack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Sam is a real swell guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smitty24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought many different beam configurations over the years, for different vehicles. Many of them were so so. Some of them that were supposedly "Jig built" were actually out of tolerances, or had pieces welded incorrectly.

I recently bought one of Sam's beam deals that includes the tie rods, bushings, and bought some leaves. Sam's welds are very nice, tie rods are beautiful 1 piece units, no cut/weld, beam is built well. Sam even installed Avis adjusters for me, since I prefer them over Sway-aways. Sam does killer work and is a reliable guy. He doesn't bash other beam builders or BS about how his parts are better, like other guys do. He delivers a precise, solid product that is exactly what he says. Well worth the money.

I live in Utah. Sam is from TN. I know he eats some of the cost on shipping! You can tell Sam loves this hobby but also helping us other VW folks out, instead of making more of a profit, like other guys. He really could sell his parts for hundreds more, like everyone else seems to. I respect this guy! Excellent suspension guy...excellent businessman. Definitely recommend him if you want suspension parts.

I prefer Sam and am more pleased with his workmanship/prompt emails/ professional demeanor, than any other beam vendor on the Samba- I have had dealings with most of them.

I rate Sam Manis/ Autowerks 5 stars!

=Zach from Utah
davebuckholts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 4" narrowed, adjustable RHD beam with shock towers from Sam. Also dropped spindles and torsions. He had a set of BJ torsions in stock and allowed me to send mine in as core when I got them out.
(They're in a shipping tube Sam, I'll get them out next week!)
Definitely will do business with him again in the future.
Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fmcdev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a three inch narrowed beam. Recieved beam in three weeks. Almost a shame to install. Its a work of art. Excellent workmanship and fits perfect. Highly recommended.

Frank
Colorado Springs
rollo6fo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best deals and instant shipping!!! Thank you Smile
wood rot guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: E-brake handle extension for a Bus....... Reply with quote

Arrived safely and in a timely fashion, totally as described... Happy Camper over here with an ol' SO-42..... Eric........ thanks again...
rollo6fo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy with the transaction and communication...and my stickers Smile Thanks!!
JTAYLOR1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up my 3" narrowed beam form Sam at Autowerks today. I have to say the thing is art! I was like a little kid getting a G.I Joe when I saw it. Perfect welding! Fits the car great; just slid it on and bolted it up. Anyone looking needs to buy from Sam. Good people!

JT

Very Happy
Runner423
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent Sam my drop spindles to rebuild, he did an awesome job as usual.
Also bought a Type 3 conversion beam from him about 6 months ago for my Notch, great quality beam and great fit.

Will definitely use Sam again.

Thanks man

Kory
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Bosch 019 distributor from Sam. The shipping was lightning quick! From Tennessee to Hawaii in 3 days! Haven't tested the distributor yet, but it was exactly as described and looks like it will run with new tune up parts. Very happy customer here!

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcarroll14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Autowerks Reply with quote

Had some tie rods narrowed by Sam, did a kick ass job on em. All one piece, delivery was fast. Sending him my spindles to be rebuilt. Highly recommend! Thanks again Sam!
HouseofGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a 3" K/L beam from Sam. He built it within the time frame given. Shipped it promptly with no missing pieces. It's well built and there were no hassles installing the beam. Good communication throughout the process. A great experience all around!

Thanks Sam!!
Azduner1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Toe 1 conversion beam Reply with quote

Sam built me a type 1 beam for my notchback . It bolted up perfectly . Sam is very knowledgable about his business . I told him what I was doing with rims and brakes he suggested a beam width witch worked perfect . I highly recommend his business .
409scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Stickers Reply with quote

Thanks Sam....I will enjoy 'em...Fast service
Chucky5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Not a happy ending. Reply with quote

I was going to buy a '73 camper from Sam. We had over 20 emails going back and forth over 3 days. He sent pictures of everything I wanted to see. We came to an agreement on the price.

I got the tow dolly rented and the wife and I were getting packed up to make the 12 hour / 880 mile one way trip

Before we hit the road and stop at the bank to get the money out I sent this email:

Quote:
Ok, we can work with no engine / tranny for $3,000.

We still plan on getting to your shop early tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know if plans change.

(this was two emails that I sent back to back)

oh as we head off to the bank is a is half cash / half money order ok?

few minutes later I got his reply:
Quote:
Not interested in anything but cash really.
I've taken down my ad.

Ive almost talked myself out of selling the bus all together now.. I listed it hoping to sell during winter months, but the warm weather coming back means I'll be using it again.

I was already planning on getting the cash, but just wanted to check and make sure. I checked the ad that was taken down and it said
Quote:
The ad for '73 Campmobile w/killer one year only interior! Price: $3500 -0ptions has been deleted.
This typically means the item is sold.
I thought it said sale pending, but I haven't used this site enough to know if that changes. Sweet, he took the ad down as he knows this is pretty much a done deal. So we hit the road, get the cash, and start on our long road trip. That was the last email for the night.
we get half way there and stay the night in a motel. The next morning after we started driving again I asked my wife to send an email to let him know our E.T.A. and keep him in the loop.
Quote:
Hi Sam.. Joshua s wife here. Just wanted to give you a heads up.. We just left meridian Mississippi and expect to be there about three thirty. That's giving his a couple breaks on the way. Josh's cell is xxx.xxx.xxxx and mine is xxx.xxx.xxxx.

Looking forests to meeting you today!
And a few minutes later his reply came in.
Quote:
Im assuming he missed my email from last night?
I told him the bus is no longer for sale... I expected to hear back from him and never did.

Wait?! No longer for sale?! Almost talking yourself out of it doesn't equal no longer for sale!

about 20 minutes later he replied again. We were still driving and didn't check the phone every time it went beep.

Quote:
Still not sure that my emails are coming through.

Ive taken the bus off the market and decided not to sale. I sent the same message last night but didn't hear anything back.

Here's hoping this one makes it and you don't waste any more time than necessary...

Sam

He said he sent the "same message last night" but these here are the quotes from my gmail account. I know I had given him my cell phone in a few different emails that I sent (I checked).

almost $400 wasted because he wasn't clear in not wanting to sell the camper any longer.

He knew we were on the road. He knew were were driving a long distance. When something major chances like it isn't for sell any more then he should make that clear. Maybe even make it bold and all caps. Maybe give a call or a text if in doubt of an email going through. Above all else a simple apology for time and money wasted would have gone a long way.
Somics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmcdev wrote:
Ordered a three inch narrowed beam... Almost a shame to install. Its a work of art...

JTAYLOR1 wrote:
I picked up my 3" narrowed beam... I have to say the thing is art! ... Perfect welding!

Agreed! Bought a beam from Sam last summer and I had the same reaction. It's a thing of beauty and I found myself admiring it. Beautiful welds to the point of looking machine done. 100% quality!

GREAT communication! He warned me when I ordered the beam it might be about three weeks until he could build it and get it to me. It was on my doorstep in two.

I'm about to order a second beam from him for another project. Wouldn't even consider getting a beam from anyone else.

Brad
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold some suspension parts to Sam, recently. This is the second or third time we've conducted business, and as usual, it went well.

Unlike some "WTB" ads I've responded to on the Samba, Sam's are not fishing expeditions cast with a wide net where the buyer is too picky or evasive. His compensation is more than fair; he is prompt in his communication; and most importantly, he is patient (It took me some time to gather and pack the parts for him).
Bada Bing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

Bought a 4" narrowed beam w/shock towers. Sam quickly answered many emails I had. Let me put half down and started the beam, just requiring I have it paid in full prior to shipping (naturally).

Cut my springs, when I sent them to him, so $450 for a shipped beam w/cut springs you cannot beat, then throw the excellent quality of the the beam on top of that.

Great customer service, great quality, great price and super fast shipping...Do I really need to say more???

Thanks Sam!!!

Lee from PC, FL

Molly

(o\ ! /o)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: