Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Location of decals
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Location of decals Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where the location is for a couple of Westy decals?

The first one has to do with a warning not to drive with the pop top in the open position (they really had to tell folks this)?

The other is a decal informing the user about using the propane stove while driving.

Where did VW (or Westfalia) place these?

Past VW drives: 1967 Beetle, 1973 Beetle, 1977 Bus, 1971 Military Type 181
Perales
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Location of decals Reply with quote

bucko wrote:

The first one has to do with a warning not to drive with the pop top in the open position (they really had to tell folks this)?

As for the decals, I don't know... but...

Last year I went to the gathering of the Quebec Westfalia Club, apparently it was not a great year, only about 280 Westfalias in attendance, however I saw at least three different Westys driving around the campground with their pop tops up proud. I can only assume that they didn't know where that sticker was either.
madmax25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That's where the pop top sticker is on mine. My sticker is getting this weird cloudy deal under the laminate...someday I'll get a new one. Always get a kick out of trying to read the german line out loud in my best accent... Smile

As for the propane one, I remember seeing it but don't recall where....

'88 Vanagon GL "Big Red"
'90 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mmdingman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: sticker source Reply with quote

have you seen a place to get a new "don't drive with the top up" sticker? What is the one on the rear upper shelf as seen from looking in from the tailgate? I have the remains of something there and I can tell from others photos that there is a sticker there.

thanks
madmax25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like gowesty has a camper sticker set for $15 and it includes the poptop warning...
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=2407&category_id=124&category_parent_id=
as for the rear shelf sticker, the westy is out of town ATM but I'll post back when possible...

-Elliot

'88 Vanagon GL "Big Red"
'90 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iiigoiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if you ever got an answer to the stove decal...the only one like that i have is inside the stove lid near the latch:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

there's a painted on warning on the stove front near the knobs also.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: sticker source Reply with quote

mmdingman wrote:
What is the one on the rear upper shelf as seen from looking in from the tailgate? I have the remains of something there and I can tell from others photos that there is a sticker there.

thanks

Running by memory I believe it is the AC sticker "do not cover vent, need proper ventilation..." , at least in my late 90 westy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: